Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Without derailing the thread, I set this up a few months ago, worked a treat on my 2 young lads both accounts...1 on a series x and 1 on an xbox one.

I see one of the game shops are doing a trade in deal where you can upgrade from an xbox one to a series S for €99.

Possibly a stupid question but if I do this, does the xbox live and game pass follow the console or the account. As in when he's set up on the new console will he still have live and game pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It’s set up against the account rather than the console, so when your son signs into his new console, he’ll still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Follows the account AFAIK. And all your saves are backed up in the cloud for free anyway. So a very easy upgrade. Kudos to MS for that. You have to deregister your old console. Agggh on phone here. Hopefully someone responds with a better answer ...

Also, but not 100% sure, I think you can share a GamePass subscription in a household. Not sure exactly, but I'm sure someone will respond and it might save you a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Sorry, I didn't explain it well but yeah there's just the 1 gamepass/xbox live account in the house. But they both can use it on the 2 consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Just did this via VPN with two 12 months live gold (turkey) codes and one month game pass ultimate code (again turkey) all in all came to 62 euro for 25 months...so 2.50 a month which is insane value.

Should have added a 6 month code as well but hey not complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks to the OP. I added 3 x 12 Month Gold (Turkey) @ €27 each, plus month GPU @€5 and applied them using VPN via the website and all setup and worked ok, got an extra month for recurring billing too. So ~€86 until October 2024 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

thanks all. I used the €1 GPU three month offer last year. My current subscription lapsed about 6 months ago. Can I still add in the 30 months + 1 Month GPU to get 31 months GPU given I used an ultimate offer previously? i.e., does OP post from 9 months ago still stand?

"If you've already added some Game Pass Ultimate onto your account, then you can still avail of the offer, but you'll need to wait until your subscription expires."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, just double check that you've got no Game Pass subscription on your account first, but you seem pretty sure it ran out 6 months ago, so you should be good to go.

You can check out your subscriptions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey folks. I am getting an early birthday present for myself over the weekend of a series S, and want to get set up with game pass ultimate too. If I am reading this thread correctly, I should purchase 2 x 12 month xbox live gold passes, 1 x 6 month gold pass and then avail of 1 month of GPU (free/pay/whichever), and it would mean that I'll end up with 31 months of GPU?

I can very easily go visit Turkey/etc - if I did this, do I only need to take a trip when subscribing, but the actual day-to-day account/etc can be set up as Irish? Any pointers would be appreciated, it's my first Xbox since the OG Xbox.

Edit: If anyone feels like giving me detailed pointers re. travel arrangements, feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You could get 3 12 month cards and activate it, it stacks up to 36 months. When the guide was written MS were giving a free month every time you toggled auto renew.

Fyi GameStop are currently giving free digital codes of Fifa 22 with Series S purchases.

That's what I'm getting over weekend. Thanks.

Re. Getting 3 year licences, if I got them abroad do they work on an Irish account? And if I then later got an Irish licence can I add it on?

You need to wait for the current sub to expire or use the same region.

But no issue in using that region locally? (sorry for the stupid questions)

Before I take the plunge, can someone sanity check that my understanding is correct. This is what I think I need to do:

• Buy 3 x 12 month Xbox Live Gold vouchers (from Eneba)
    • Apply all 3
    • Buy 1 month of Gamepass Ultimate (in same region as the gold, I assume this is on the normal Microsoft Store?)
    • Final cost ~€81 or thereabouts.

Right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I did the above, but used CD keys. Applied all codes on the Xbox website and also you get an additional month for turning on auto renew which can then be turned off once the free month is applied.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pretty much, but I'd add a step before all that:

Double check that you've no existing subscription here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Are you you buying different region 12 month passes ? €42.97 - https://www.eneba.com/xbox-xbox-xbox-live-gold-12-month-xbox-live-key-global or how is it coming in at €81 for 3?

I was checking Turkish prices via vpn.

Re. Having an account, definitely don't, haven't owned an xbox for like a decade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Of course .. forgot that part 🙈

I think you only get 1 free month, not 1 free month everytime you apply a code.

It used to be you could get one per code by turning auto renew back off again.

I only got prompted to turn it on once.

I feel like I've made a mistake. I ordered a gold 12 month key from Eneba (from Turkey) and connected to vpn. Its showing as the Turkish Microsoft site, but when I try to apply the code it says there's an error, something to do with risk.

I'm going to have a bash off fifa tonight, and come back to this tomorrow.

So you can now definitely buy 3x12 month Gold Live subs and 1 month gamepass to get 36 months of gamepass?

Seems that way. I'm still waiting to activate my first 12 month gold Pass, but there's a note on the xbox support page (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/) that there's currently an issue affecting some users activating prepaid subscriptions, so waiting for that to resolve.

If/when I get everything set up I'll add some notes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Was wondering what was going on. Bought 3 x 12 euro gold passes yesterday. Tried to load the first one and got an error, was going to contact Eneba about it but looks like it's a MS problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Slightly unrelated but still a way to get a month's free GPU every 3 months.

XboX Ambassador program next 3 month season started. Piece of cake and just a bit of clicking every other day. Most of the quests you don't have to do,just click on them and it punches in.

I have 2 free GPUs in last Six months.

Advertisement