Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Not even. They've agreed that the risks of getting side effects from the vaccine are far more negligible than the dangers of covid he thinks is also neligible.

There's no justification for it at this stage. He's just not arsed to get the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't think so, I think if someone was in front of them with the vaccine in hand, they'd probably refuse it, the question is whether it's a genuine fear of losing control or just doubling down on a wrong position and being happy to take the (good) chance that they'll be fine when they get infected with SARS-COV2.

If it was the laziness case, spreading misinformation wouldn't be part of it.

Anyway, 4 weeks till most measures dropped and the (willfully) unvaccinated will be faced with the consequence of not having a vaccine boosted immune system (and no international travel for them for the foreseeable).

The big worry is for those who can't get vaccinated and are susceptible, luckily the uptake has been so high in Ireland that the loons that didn't can be summarily dismissed as loons and hopefully don't impact on the opening up plans (50% less in hospital if they would get jabbed though).

Yea. That I don't get.

He's too lazy to actually go get the vaccine, but he also knows a ton of misinformation and excuses for not getting it?

But as he said, he's not getting it due to laziness. Perhaps all the misinformation is just an after the fact attempt to justify the laziness?

Seems like harder work to develop an excuse and trawl through the misinformation than it is to just pop down and get the jab

• Registered Users Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If it is laziness, I'd love to know the thought process that goes into also posting misinformation to justify it.

And by misinformation, there has been multiple studies into natural immunity vs. vaccine immunity, with the latter being more consistent, but the former potentially being better if you get a "decent" dose of SARS-COV2 (which also increases your risk of severe disease and long term effects greatly).

What all papers on the subject say, without exception, is that you're better off meeting SARS-COV2 for the first time with the vaccine, the conclusions are always unequivocal on this, they also always say that a vaccine should be taken to further boost your immune system even if you've been infected, yet people cherry pick part of the papers and ignore the expertise of those who wrote the paper to support their own narrow misguided narrative. That is misinformation and is dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Hoop66

You probably think this is "deep" . What it is is juvenile rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Hoop66

The Nico Time ad is from the game Bioshock. You have been fooled, made to look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The Nuremberg Code From Rule 1: The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the

person involved should have legal capacity to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud,

deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Yet again failing to have an original thought. Which grifter did you get that from?

What is the point you are trying to make? It refers to experimentation, not vaccines.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but I suspect that you are not accurately representing how the law is applied here.

Before you posted a false image because you didn't do any work to actually confirm the image was real. So I very much doubt you did anything to confirm this interpretation of the law is true.

The most likely explanation is that you are again just repeating what you're told from a grifter and you didn't do any checking or independant critical thinking.

It's inferring the vaccines are experimental...

Which you could argue they were when they were first rolled out (provisioned under emergency legislation)... that doesn't stand anymore...

Funnily enough, Invermectin as treatment for COVID is under experimental.. (yes I'm inferring that the same people quoting the Nuremberg code for vaccines, won't quote it in regards to this)

Funny how all these paradoxes work out

I know what they were getting at and it has been covered many times in this thread and I’m fairly certain covered directly with that user. I just wanted to highlight more disinformation he was providing

I know, I was just spelling it out for the same audience also, as everything needs to be broken down into small manageable chunks

But Norway didn't have that many restrictions to begin with. Life has been more or less normal there, relative to other countries, for a long time. I don't say that there were no restrictions, however.

Imagine this thread isn't in the Conspiracy Theories forum for a second. On gov.ie it says "From 22 October onwards final restrictions will be lifted ..." and then there is a list of restrictions that will be relaxed. If it's the 'final restrictions', and that's what it says on gov.ie, then how are the restrictions that will still be in place after the 22nd not permanent restrictions? That is mask wearing in retail, on aeroplanes, in healthcare settings and on public transport etc. Or am I misunderstanding what's on gov.ie?

Is that now the extent of what conspiracy theorists now perceive to be permanent? Mask wearing, presumably over the winter, in certain crowded enclosed areas? It’s hardly that ‘new world order’ that was spoken about is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Are you back to just masks might be permanent then yea?

What about all your stress and worry than everything will be permanent forever? Where you wrong? If so... Why are you worried you're right now?

This is the position that Gortanna has fallen back to a while ago now.

He believes that masks will be permanent, but he can't explain why the conspirators want this. He can't explain what the conspiracy is. he can't even explain why mask wearing is an issue or in anyway a bad thing.

He has run away from every single one of this points.

Masks are just a straw he's clutching at because he doesn't want to just admit all the conspiracy theories have been wrong.

Masks are permanent because the bad people want to control others. However, they are no longer going to do it via facial recognition. Technological advancements now mean that masks can be recognised. Bank robberies will fall worldwide as an unintended consequence.

The thread title is "all covid measures are permanent".

All. Not just masks, every single one. This has been proven false in pretty much every single country in the world, including Ireland, and the goalposts were shifted*. In fact, we now have the opposite where all restrictions are being lifted in one of the countries that is supposedly in on the conspiracy, and you're trying to wave the whole situation away by saying "well, they never had it so bad in Norway".

Restrictions such as social distancing, nightclubs, restaurants, sporting venues, travelling (including international travel) have all done a complete u-turn. These are all restrictions which are still in place in Ireland and which were lifted on Saturday in Norway. Yet you seem to be making the point that that won't happen over here, for some reason?

The conspiracy is bollocks. It was said by anyone with a rational brain last year that this would be the case, and it has now come to fruition, yet we still have people like you clinging to the notion that it is true. Nothing has given me that impression, including your wordplay around the words "final restrictions". You're simply reading too much into it and coming out with a worst case scenario based on your pre-conceived fears and misgivings.

There is a world of difference between "final restrictions being lifted"

and "final lifting of restrictions".

*As has been pointed out, you yourself have readjusted your stance from "all" measures to just "mask wearing" over the course of this thread, have you not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

What to do when you've been proven wrong: take some time and evaluate your life choices or move on to the next conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Surprise surprise, Ivor Cummins, an online Covid denier who's been brought up several times in this thread makes a significant amount of money for his anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine and Covid denial views

"Harmless", "They are just conspiracy theories", etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ireland’s Alex Jones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Have you ever heard the expression "flogging a dead horse"?

Was it yourself or someone else that said that there was going to be another lockdown by September?

Re mask wearing, do you not see the logic of masks? Do you not think they will reduce somewhat the transmission of respiratory infections, such as covid and flu, etc., and thus are not such a crazy idea? Why do you think there must be another sinister reason for masks? Why have masks been commonly worn in Asia for years by people with sore throats and other infections? Aren't you ignoring the blindingly obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

I think it has to be extremely likely that vociferous conspiracy theorists must have been directly responsible for many deaths in the unvaccinated who listened to them.

Extreme media like Fox News, who seemed to cast doubt on public health policy for political reasons for over a year, likely also share some of that responsibility, but even they are now saying that "The vast majority of Americans who are getting serious cases of COVID-19 or dying are unvaccinated." https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-hospitalizations-nonvaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

When you have society choosing blood clots and heart problems over cold and flu

symptoms, or even no symptoms at all, you know critical thinking is in short supply.

The Lunacy will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Wow. You really did go through the looking glass

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's same time every evening. Does it really take that long to think up a few new lines of incorrectness?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement