Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FR7063 - Cruise at low altitude today

Options
  • 26-09-2021 6:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what would have caused Ryanair flight FR7063 today to have a cruise altitude of 16,000 feet today? (Alicante to Dublin). Flight took 30 minutes longer than usual in the air as a result. Doesn’t seem to be weather related.

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/RYR7063

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I just tracked FR7063 Reg EI-DHZ, ALC DUB. FR24 tells me that the flight cruised at 38,000ft. It left ALC late thus arriving DUB late. It started its decent into DUB just before Pembrokeshire in Wales. Unless FR24 got it wrong it seems a normal flight? I would think as these days the skies are quiet there was no holding pattern to enter for DUB so it was pilots discretion when to start decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

FR24 shows today's flight as operated by EI-DWS and maintaining FL160 as per the OP's message. EI-DHZ was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Thanks Echo India. I knew I missed something somewhere 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

it would have been horsing the fuel back at 16,000 feet. Can't imagine the pilot tolerating that. Jets are only efficient at high altitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Looks like it had the same problem previous flew flights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

So most likely theres an tech issue that limits altitude. Can be various reason for this which I’m sure an aircraft mechanic can explain better than I can.

While it’s safe, it’s obviously not efficient and I’m very surprised an airline at the moment wouldn’t just ground that particular aircraft(I’m sure they’re not using their fleet at full capacity) or at least schedule it for short flights like UK-IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Pressurization issue?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Single Pack on the AC? But thats a FL250 limitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Could be a generator issue? IE they need the APU?

Obviously not an RVSM issue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Max alt to run the APU with bleeds is 17,000ft? Engine bleed valve issue?

Seem to be back above the clouds now FL360

• Advertisement
Advertisement