Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

Existing Vodafone Customers - Get €100 off the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G when you upgrade your device on Vodafone Pay as you go

Follow the link provided via the Wrkit platform and select if you are a new Vodafone customer who wants to switch to Pay as you go to access the switching offer, or if you are an existing Vodafone Pay as you go customer to access the upgrade offer.

Choose your preferred device and add to your basket.

Input your voucher code in the basket before checking out to get your discount.

Full terms and conditions apply.

Discount code: VFW34

have not tired it myself but might suit some people who dont want to switch a sim

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

Is this phone unlocked ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

there's more detailed T&C's , but the important part is :

3.         Eligible customers who avail of this Offer will be given the following Offer benefit options:

a.          If they are moving to Vodafone Pay As You Go from another mobile operator; they will receive a €100 discount off either the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, or a €100 discount off the TCL20 SE; OR,

b.         If they are an existing Vodafone Pay As You Go customers who is upgrading their handset; they will receive a €100 discount off the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G

The Offer may only be availed of between 6th September – 31st October 2021 only. Eligible customers are Wrkit members who (i) have received a unique discount code from Wrkit; and, (ii) who switch their mobile number to Vodafone Pay As You Go from another network or who upgrade their handset on Vodafone Pay As You Go, using the Vodafone online sales channel at vodafone.ie.

basically - TCL20 SE for 40 quid after discount ; 64GB storage, 4Gb ram , 6.82' screen , 5000mAh battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭lordsheepface

@go4it

I'm confused by your post. The TCL20 seems to be 249.99 normally and 149.99 after discount? Where are you getting 40 quid on the Wrkit deals?

'SE' version is a lower spec , hence the 140 price ( lower spec then TCL20 ) ; Wrkit code takes 100 off, remaining 40 quid for a brand new dual sim phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭lordsheepface

I can't find it. Can you screensht please?

It's 249.99 and then the code goes in and it becomes 149.99. I don't see where you get 140 or 40 from.

I'm looking at the TCL 20 SE as a new VF PAYG customer using the VFW12 code.

good deals to be had from time to time, although shopping online with vodafone it's not always seamless ( some say it's done on purpose, to deter masses taking advantage )

vdf website ->apply VFW12 code -> enter eircode, and confirm the eircode found address

Post edited by go4it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

It's not there. It's the wrong phone showing up in the offer it seems. It's showing as €249 minus €100 but there is no TCL phone priced at €249 on the site.... the 20 SE is €139 normally and the 20 5G is €259 normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So just to clarify, which (if any) of the wrkit phones are unlocked?

The Samsung a22 5g?

The TCL 20 SE?

The xiaomi mi 11 lite 5g?

• Advertisement

TCL 20SE has a vf and a tesco sim , working fine ( dual sim dual standby ) . the other phones could be unlocked too, but i haven't tested

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Obnoxious Spoon

I've tried so many ways to try and get an order to go through and none have worked (Eir sim) - Manually typing two addresses, entering two Eircodes and confirming they are correct and even trying the open to collect the phone from a store, all have been a no go.

In the order confirmation emails the Billing address shows up as 'Please enter your address, Dublin, 000000' every time. These are good offers but not worth the suffering to keep trying to order it, fair play to whoever manages to get an order through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Is the Pixel 4A gone from Vodafone?

Looking to get it for my mother and I don't see it online anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭dball

anyone else having issues with all the app disappearing and having to restart the phone to get the app icons back?

On the pixel 4A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

All Google phones recently removed from Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Interesting, I've got this about 4 or 5 times over the past two weeks on an 18 month old pixel 3A, never a problem previously and was rock solid. Wonder if the last Android update screwed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone aware of similar deals for the 4a around the 200e mark? Is it still a good phone for 200e or would you get something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The phone is discontinued. It is sold out almost everywhere except for a few in stock with Google themselves (for 389). You'll do well to find it brand new for under 300 now, nevermind 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Only "issue" I get an odd time is notification sound but no notification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I having the odd touch responsive issue. I first thought it was a game I was playing, but it seems to happen (very rarely) on any app or even on home screen. It happens enough to be annoying. Was trying to hang up yesterday and couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Liking my Pixel 4a 5g, but just noticed that when you connect to a PC to archive photos, it won't show preview thumbnails. Seemingly this is an issue with Pixel phones. Very bleedin annoying indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Looking on the Vodafone site and I see the Redmi Note 9T (5g) for 129.99 when you switch which seems like a great price.

But when going through the check out process, you have to pick a plan (Vodafone X/ Chat extra/ Extra unlimited, and then it talks about a re occurring monthly charge for the chosen plan. Am I right in assuming they setup a direct debit to take the price pf the plan automatically each month rather than having to top up myself? I don't intend on staying with Vodafone so don't want the hassle of having to cancel a direct debit with them.

thanks

EDIT : I forgot... How can I suss out if the phone would be unlocked? No use to me if it's locked to Vodafone..

Post edited by Anjunadeep on

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

No, there is no direct debit or anything like that; if you want to avail of those plans, there is a recurring cost per month to top-up. But you don't have to!

The Redmi is unlocked - a different part of the Voda site states that Xiaomi phones are all unlocked, plus a few others from other Chinese firms.

HOWEVER - I've been attempting to buy this for a week; any phone that is on a switch offer (i.e., where you enter your own number and it texts you a code) cannot be bought for the offer price as it says "something has gone wrong" every time. I do receive the text code, it accepts it, it asks when I want to switch, but then I cannot proceed further. This is on multiple machines and with multiple browsers. I'd been lucky on previous offers and had been able to get the Pixel 3a and 4a on offer.

I'd love to hear if anyone has been able to buy one this week!

thanks for that. Very informative.

Yes, I've been running into the same error message. I get the security code via text which the site accepts, but then I get that same error message you are getting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

Had same issue when buying pixel 4a...tried 3 times but for refunded each time..no problem when ordering 3a last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Labelled

I had a similar issue with the pixel 4a. I could not buy it now matter what I did. It was a real Saga. I went into multiple stores and spoke with 10+ people. You might get the offer honoured in store of you're lucky.

I was not lucky.

Really depressingly poor service from Vodafone. It is right up there with Eir in terms of complete incompetence and an indifference to the fact they could not provide the most basic function of their company.

Looks like they have fixed the website.

Managed to order a Redmi Note 9T, finally.

I spent yesterday DMing back and forth with them on Twitter, and they said they were going to punt it on to their web team. Like you, I then ordered the Redmi this morning.

Went into my account and the order has been cancelled. Gah! So you might want to hold off on that celebration.

Weird, my order seems to have went through fine. I received a dispatch email with a An Post tracking reference a couple of hours ago.

As the previous 15 pages attest, and those of previous threads on the Pixel 3A, there seems to be literally no way to predict when it will work or not. It's a truly bizarre way for a supposedly reputable firm to allow a web shop to operate. Had been successful with three previous orders, so I guess it's my time to suffer! According to the Twitter CS agent my order didn't generate a shipping code, but quite how that could be possible is anyone's guess.

Ordered a third time so fingers crossed; otherwise it's the Xiaomi Note 10 5G from Three, I think, which should also be unlocked and is €150 on a switch offer.

Post edited by nephster on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

VF are laughable, imagine any online store where items are in stock, paid for in full by valid customers with valid addresses - and then for no reason orders get cancelled. Imagine doing this and not telling the customer. Then imagine dealing with the countless complaints from such customers about the problem.

You think at this point there may be a lightbulb moment, but nope - the VF customer service robots just carry on reading their scripts.

Then imagine having this issue for over a year and nobody notices (or cares) within Vodafone management.

Yeah, great work there Vodafone. Morons.

Because Anne O'Leary, CEO, is more interested in pushing feminism, diversity etc. at the risk of running a proper commercial website. Vodafone UK site a completely different story (for the better).

Well, that's four cancellations for me on the Note 9T; creating a different account made no odds either. Not able to do Click and Collect as no Dublin stock.

So, ordered the Note 10 5G from Three instead. Funny thing is I actually have the Pixel 4a (which I'm keeping) from this offer; this is an attempt to get the father-in-law an upgrade from an old iPhone 5S.

Good luck to anyone else trying. The whole Voda site was down for hours earlier; not a good look for a telecommunications company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Google "Anne O'Leary vodafone", count the results with low carb diet, diversity, sustainability, diversity, menopause, women in leadership, charities, and how to deal with a **** commercial website. Loads of them. Bar the last 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭KildareP

Vodafone as an organisation is a complete mess. I remember trying to get a corporate fibre line reactivated into one of our buildings. The line was already in situ from a previous tenant with them, it was theirs, all they had to do was liven it up. We still had their fibre node from its previous life all ready to go.

I tried calling them on corporate sales, but you could only schedule a callback. I filled out their website sales form. I emailed corporate sales. I rang corporate support - who scheduled a callback.

After a week, I called another ISP who had us up and running on a microwave link in just over a month that has worked solidly since.

I still haven't got a callback from Vodafone...

Sorry, maybe offtopic for a Bargain Alert! But point is they don't give a toss as a company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Pixel 6A announced... Keep an eye out on VF site soon!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

VF appears to have sold out Pixel 4a already and Pixel 5a isn't even sold in Europe, so there will be no sale.

• Advertisement

We're on about the 6A (if I read your message correct? :-))

He's saying that the Pixel 5a wasn't sold by Vodafone so don't get your hopes up about the Pixel 6a.

Understood. I'd fully expect the 6A to be in VF as it will be available in Europe. Time will tell :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

The 5a wasn't released in Europe, although it'll be a long time until the 6a is on sale if ever so I def agree don't get your hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

6a goes on sale in Europe on 28th July. Will be 459 here supposedly so don't expect any crazy bargains to begin with at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

It would want to be seriously cheap with other phones coming onto the market soon, like Realme GT Neo 3 and Redmi with the K50 (both with 150w charging), and the OnePlus Ace also. Personally, decent battery, and faster charging trumps camera quality. Most new phones have decent camera quality anyway.... In saying that, my next phone might be a Pixel 6! 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone that broke their 4A 5G screen and think it is still worth repairing, but not for €200+, the screens with digitizers have dropped in price to €109 (€145 delivered). It's €40 less than when I last looked, and could drop more, but the repair centre prices seem to have gone up quite a bit, they were available for €190 earlier this year.

So a cheaper screen, and Google have already started adding pixels to the right to repair scheme, the 4A 5G is due soon. There are already guides, but the official one should make things a lot easier.

Hopefully the screens drop a little more too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Your first link isn't working. This is great to see. I kept my Nexus 5 going for ages. Replaced the screen twice and battery once. They were pretty cheap and it was such an easy phone to repair it just made sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

Anyone have issues with battery life?

Mine is gone awful and a factory reset with a clean install didn't solve it.

It's still under warranty so thinking of doing an RMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah mine is woeful. Thinking of upgrading to a Pixel 6 but not sure the battery life on that is great either.

Advertisement