Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

I can't seem to get a second order through. The payment won't process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

About the gap between my two posts above! 11th Aug -> 13th Aug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

'We have detected that this basket is locked'.

I keep getting this no matter what browser I'm using. Anyone else have the same issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

You just need to clear your cookies for the vodafone site and it'll work

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or just use an incognito tab, I ordered Monday night and it arrived this morning. Had the locked basket stuff and just hit incognito but be careful if you are using the sv page as I had the pixel in my basket and at 1 of the stages of checkout it changed to the p smart phone

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ordered on Friday and the phone arrived yesterday. A great deal for €160.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Any good deals on the 4a 5G likely does anyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Is there any reason people are porting an existing number instead of getting a new number with Vodafone? Is the device locked to Vodafone if you use a new Vodafone number?

Well I had a weird thing happen. So I ordered the 4a 5g online for click and collect. Paid the 329 and picked it up in Limerick a few days later. After a few days I realize I didn't want it so sent it back within the 14 day cooling off period. Sent it via registered post, Vodafone received it and the next day the 329 was refunded to me. That was well over a week ago. Yesterday DPD arrived on with a package. Inside was the 4a 5g. Just the phone and the paperwork I'd sent off with it. Sent from fone nua. What do they want me to do with it?

• Advertisement

You get an extra €100 off the phone through Super Valu rewards if you port a number. Most people are just porting numbers from spare sim cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Looks like you got yourself a free phone, just kidding. I have no idea why they did that, perhaps contact them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭hanloj1

You're a legend. Ordered the phone yest and got today. Only had first name, two lines of address (including county) and eircode on address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

Apologies if its mentioned already but what sims will and wont work for porting a spare sim?

They should all work as long as they're active on their parent network. 48 and Lyca give out free sims. You can just port one of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

Sound, i have a family member thinking about getting the Pixel 4a and have an spare unused lyca sim card.

I ordered one on Monday and no sign of it yet. Dammit.

Was the money taken? When it was €100 mine was cancelled after a week, the money was pending the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Julabo

Well after numerous attempts.

Got this to work after following all the helpful advice on here. So thank you for that.

Now to wait and see if delivery happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ordered one on I think Tuesday and the got an order number and everything but the phone never arrived. Chatted with them, sorry sir, "rare" technical glitch which we all know isn't rare so reordered yesterday and got a dispatch email yesterday also. Should have it on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

I give up ! Tried 3 times. First time returned from Depot second two times cancelled due to ' technical issues'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Ordered Thursday. I used the advice here with a 48 SIM. Delivered Saturday. Flawless to be honest, thanks very much for the advice OP and all.

Mine was cancelled without notice. Have to reorder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I see the 4a 5G is now discontinued. 5a 5G out shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

5a 5g isn't getting a worldwide release as things stand, just the US and Japan.

The pixel 5 is now out of stock here and isn't being restocked and it doesn't look like we're getting the 6 either

https://9to5google.com/2021/08/02/the-pixel-6-and-6-pro-confirmed-to-launch-in-these-8-countries/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The 4A 5G is pretty much regarded as the 5 anyway. Same guts, with few differences, creeen refresh rate and water resistant main ones.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/google-pixel-5-versus-pixel-4a-5g-versus-pixel-4a-vs-pixel-4-phones-specs-comparison-chart/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Warbeastrior

So no chance of getting a Google Pixel phone new atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Labelled

I am at my wits end with this deal.

I have attempted to order this phone around 10 times.

At the moment I cannot even get to the card details input screen.

In-store will not honor the deal and the website does not work.

This in my opinion is false advertising as the deal cannot be got.

I have tried both Lyca and my48 sim cards to no avail.

If anyone has any tips they would be very welcome.

• Advertisement

I got one but I'm on attempt 3 too for my wife's phone. Support are a joke, in store and online. They haven't a clue. I'm not sure what to do either.

I tried 3 times but no luck either. Hope I don't get sucked into trying a fourth. Don't understand why they wouldn't sort out website . I think after 10 time to forget about it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

I placed an order on Sunday evening, the order has been received with an email confirmation and order number given but no update since. Payment is still pending and hasn't been taken

Post edited by DK224 on

You will either get the phone or you the payment will be pending for a week and then returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Yes cheers Pixel 4a has just been delivered so the offer is still going if anyone had any doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Like many on here I've had several failed attempts (different numbers, device, card, etc) but nothing works. I'm now thinking I'll buy it at €260 but all the local stores are out of stock and aren't getting them back in so I can't even do that. It's beyond me why their website is so crap. Rather than getting on to Vodafone I might get on to SuperValu and flag how it's impossible to avail of the offer. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to hear their customers are having such issues.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I ordered one Saturday night for my better half with a Lyca sim, arrived today, she is very happy.

Sorry for those who it isn't working for, just wanted to let folks know that it does seem to be still working for some people, but obviously hit or miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Had order cancelled - not informed of that however... - and web chat told me it was down to an incomplete address. Advised me to fill in eircode field manually. Phone arrived Friday with just first name and eircode visible on address slip.

• Advertisement

You got phone even though cancelled ? So were you charged or did you just reorder after it was cancelled originally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Had my phone cancelled also, not informed, was told when I rang "there was an error", asked what it was and why they didn't email but told me they had no more info. Honesly, you'd think in 2021 that Vodafone could manage an online shopping system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Sorry that wasn't clear, I reordered when webchat told me it had been cancelled. Got the phone in 2 days. I used the same name, address, phone no and burner 48 sim as the first effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

Phone arrived Saturday. Great find by the OP.

It did take 2 attempts to order. First time I managed to switch networks but my browser crashed before I could complete the purchase - I can't blame vf for the latter but to process the SIM switch when it was clearly an attempt at purchasing a phone package was bad form. I had transferred my 48 number but had no new phone. Not an ideal situation to find yourself in if you didn't already have an unlocked phone.

That delayed things by about a week as I (or should I say my alias) had to order a new burner sim. I wasn't sure if they'd replace my original SIM so set up a new account just to be sure. Any suggestions on highly profitable undertakings for my bundle of burner Sims greatly appreciated 🤪

Long story short, even if you're planning on porting your number you might be better off using a burner sim regardless, unless you've already unlocked your phone.

I pursued the Vodafone ordering issues as far as I could with them.

Essentially what is happening is their offshore credit check team are reviewing all the online orders. They are cancelling anything that they think has "missing information" – even though every grain of information asked for has been provided. It doesn’t matter if you are a new or existing customer, there are people offshore manually reviewing each order. If they decide to cancel it, they will – no reason needs to be provided and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Customer just has to wait 5 to 7 days for the funds to be released.

If things go wrong - as they did for me in April where phone eventually shipped but was then lost in post - don't spend too much time dealing with Vodafone because it is honestly not worth the hassle. Speak to your bank and ask for a refund.

Vodafone are a dysfunctional organisation due to extreme offshoring of staff across many areas. I would strongly recommend either avoiding entirely or purchasing in store where possible.

After about 5 cancelled orders, I was able to order in store (as advised by the social media team) and then they called me to get my bank details so they could give me a refund of the 100 euro. I also had to buy 20 euro credit when buying in store though, I tried my luck to get that refunded too so let's see.

• Advertisement

Their customer support teams are some of the worst I’ve had to deal with in recent years. They are not capable of free thinking – if the option is not on their screen, they cannot help you. Plus how can all the negative customer feedback not be noticed and then investigated properly? I took it as far as I could, but it sounds like that was a waste of time because issues remain.

Simple things like sending an email to a customer about an order getting cancelled should be easily fixed but remain broken for months if not longer.

As a business, I also cannot understand how someone in their sales management team does not see an issue. Huge numbers of *payment approved* orders cancelled for no valid reason.

Anyways, I think they’re beyond useless. Not worth the grief regardless of the bargain.

Yeah, you are right. It is ridiculous. I think for future bargains like this, I will be doing a take it or leave it approach. I will order, if it goes through, great, if it doesn't then I won't be trying to order multiple times and trying to follow up on twitter. Not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Being there done that...the headache of chasing up orders when cancelled is a proper pain..

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Yes total headache... even though I got the pixel 3a offer last time I still wouldn't bother with trying anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Is this offer still available and if not will it be back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement