Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 15:Russian Grand Prix 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

well that was a bit too close for comfort.

And as Paul “mejum” Diresta said that pit lane entrance wasn’t built with wet weather in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I know the stewarts normally have discretion but is Max obliged to set a time within 107%?

I’m not too up on F1 rules. More or a rally and MotoGP guy.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Williams looking racey. Also would be cool if Seb can take advantage of the conditions in the AM.

Track now drying so the Mercs I think are untouchable. Front row lockout likely. Hopefully Bottas in P1. Red Bull need Checco to be right behind them and ready to pounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Didn't someone get a drive in F2 a couple of years ago without setting a 107% lap??

It does say

"Stewards may subsequently allow a car to start if they believe a driver was prevented from setting a <107% time by special circumstances."

Could he be in trouble because they didn't bother rather than be prevented?

• Advertisement

That’s where my question was coming from. He didn’t even try to set a timed lap.

In saying all that Red Bull probably know more than I do 😄

Slicks for Q3?

Time for drys?

Need to be careful though as anyone can spin and bring out the flags on the final run.....

Isn't there a thing that if you set a time within 107% at some point in the weekend you're allowed in?

Did David Croft mean next year not next week when he was talking about George Russell driving for Mercedes ?

• Advertisement

The fact Russell wasn't much faster on a fresh set makes me think it's time. No one trying in Q2 though. Could've been a good gamble for Williams.

That was my understanding that if you don’t set a time in qualifying, that they’ll look at the weekend as a whole and max would be well within that mark.

It was Deledda at Monaco.

"So with regards to Deledda and the F2 race, the stewards, having spoken with them, had a look or had two parts,” said Masi.

“They’ve obviously summoned the team and the team displayed to them that they had been having mechanical issues with that car throughout the weekend.

“In addition to that they had a look at Deledda’s participation at the previous event, which he fulfilled all of the criteria. And on that basis they allowed him to start at the back of the grid, which is within the discretion that they have as stewards."

So it would seem to come down to whether they care that he didn't bother trying to set the lap. Leclerc has done it correctly. I wonder will anyone bring it to the attention of the stewards.

Quite possibly, I’m really not sure.

I would have thought that you’d have to at least try to qualify if your car was working.

That’s good because I was wondering had a time travelled. Murray walkers mistakes were endearing and part of his commentary whereas David Croft just seems to make mistakes.

That's fast from Alonso....I think they have to go drys for Q3. That track is really evolving.

He's gotten a lot worse this season I think. Or maybe it was just Rosberg calling him on mistakes that makes it seem like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Alonso is looking good so far.

What time pole? 1.36? :P

• Advertisement

George Russell has started the rush.

Hmm maybe I was wrong based on how Russells Williams was snapping on the power with slicks.

Fun 5 minutes in store!

And there we go. Hamilton slaps the wall in the pit lane.

Hamilton does a Räikkönen

Lando norris with a brilliant lap to go P1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Great quali session.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

McLaren, Ferrari, Williams.

1, 2, 3.

Remind me what decade we're in

The thoughts of Norris, Russell and Verstappen over the next few years if the new rules keep the teams close are pretty great.

Mclaren P1 and P5 after a double podium at the last race. It’s great to see McLaren back to winning ways and being back to winning ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Well that was great!

Advertisement