Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Countdown Playlist

• 21-09-2021 8:51am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So an idea popped into my head last night what can I do every 10 marker days like 100 days to go, 90 days to go, etc to start a build up to Christmas, and I thought oh I might make a playlist and add 2 songs every time we reach a new milestone 90 days, 80 days, so by the end my Christmas playlist has 20 songs in it.

Then I thought you know, I wonder what the other elves would pick of their playlists and thus this thread was born.

So the idea is for 100 days we start with 2 songs, one Christmas Cracker and one under-appreciated song that doesn't get the air time like the other tunes would. One Sunday (90 days yo go) we add two more songs.

I'll start....

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For my cracker I would go with;

"All I want for Christmas" - Mariah Carey - A radio station played the first 10 seconds of this last week when we hit 100 days to go and the MINUTE the intro played it just felt like Christmas, what more can I say, it's an all time classic, an absolute belter sing along tune.

For my under-appreciated I'd go for "Silent Night" - Sinead O'Connor - An absolute beauty of a song, can be a bit dower but on a cold clear crisp Christmas night, you can feel the peace in the air this song really rings through then.

So my playlist so far looks like;

1. All I want for Christmas - Mariah Carey
    2. Silent Night - Sinead O'Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Do I get to pick my 2 for 100 days or do i wait till 90 days and then add 2 more to your list??

Sorry only had the 1 coffee so far so not at 100% yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Me too TRS30 😂 I am not grasping things just yet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You pick your 2 now for 100 days, everyone does their own playlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Okay, my two for 100 days are...

1. (cracker) The most wonderful time of the year, Andy Williams
    2. (under appreciated) On the 24th, The Twang
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Ah ok, got it:

1. (cracker) Last Christmas by Wham
    2. (under appreciated) Christmas Shoes...........only joking 😂.... Santa Baby by Ariana Grande

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

* TRS is banned from playing *

😛

Well it's my ball and I'm going home then 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

My two for the 100 days are::: Drumroll

1. (cracker) 2000 Miles. The Pretenders
    2. (under appreciated) By me anyway! Feliz Navidad José Feliciano

I feel I am going to struggle with this going forward because I tend to listen to my favourite Christmas tracks (Crackers) only, and zone out from

anything I don't like, (under appreciated) 😀🎅

1) Andy Williams - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

2) The Raveonettes - The Christmas Song 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cracker: Wham: Last Christmas

Under Appreciated : Lea Michelle: Christmas in New York

Don’t worry I’ll sneak one if my favourite songs in 😉😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

When i got engaged that version of Silent Night was playing over the hotels sound system. Always will have a special place for us at Christmas time.

Ah, that's lovely. 😊

It's also played at the very end of Fred Claus as I recall- it's a beautiful version of Silent Night alright.

Anyone know the version of silent night that's played regularly on Christmas FM classical? They just have it listed as by Gruber who's actually the composer (Franz Gruber) & not the performing artist. There's a lovely mash up of 'we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year' added to it at a couple of points & its the best version i've heard in quite some time, would love to get a copy.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

No, its a slower version. Must be ready next time and use shazam on it.

To add to my playlist for 90 days to go.

This time I’m going with;

For the cracker Wizzard - I wish it could be Christmas everyday.

And the under appreciated due to cancel culture Geraldine McQueen - Once Upon A Christmas song

1) The Pogues- Fairytale of New York

2) Jona Lewie- Stop the Cavalry 🙂

1) cracker = it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, bing crosby

2) under appreciated = time for change, Robbie Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cracker- The Darkness- Don't Let The Bells End (Those lads were smart and knew what they were doing when they wrote that, great live band btw)

https://youtu.be/xrNKF7G7DRw

Under apricated- Shinedown- Happy Xmas (War Is Over)- very good version of John Lennon's hit

https://youtu.be/ONcjR8ELo3s

• Advertisement

Some cracking songs added so far. We add to our playlists again Thursday week, which will no doubt fly in!

Cracker- White Christmas, Bing Crosby

Under appreciated- Mistletoe, Justin Bieber

Normally I don't like Justin Bieber, but that is a GREAT shout for an underappreciated tune TRS!

Dont think I remember that Justin Bieber song at all... must go have a listen.

Found that version of Silent Night btw, its bya duo called Sephira off their Starlight christmas album... here it is... I have to say I love it, probably my favourite version ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2020

I have quite a few but my top two are

Cracker: Greg Lake, I believe in Father Christmas

Under Appreciated: David Essex, A Winters Tale

As we're at 80 days to go its time to update the playlist...

(cracker) Fairytale of New York, The Pogues & Kirsty McColl

(under appreciated) Silent Night, Sephira

• Advertisement

Stay another day- East 17

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)- Ramones

I'll let you work out which is which 😂

Advertisement