Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing - refused Air mail

Options
  • 22-09-2021 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I ordered a hoodie online from Canada recently of a canadian rapper hip-hop movement I like. I waited a couple of weeks for it to arrive but, sadly I received an email yesterday stating the hoodie was refused and sent back to Canada. I'm racking my brains thinking about the reason as to why it was returned. This has never happened to me before when buying clothes online. The only thing I can think of is that the hoodie could be mistaken for a terrorist organization lol because the logo is a balaclava and the name is stompdown killaz Here is the hoodie I'm on about https://www.ephin.com/collections/stompdown/products/road-warrior-ex-r-zip-up Seriously though why would it be refused ? Is there laws against clothing like this ??? or is it something to do with Canada and Ireland postage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have to considered the shipping cost and customs was too much faff for them and they made up an excuse?

An post don't police what clothes say.they don't care. Only counterfeit goods are an issue and one hoody that isn't counterfeit isn't going to fit that bracket.

There's loads of stuff being sent back at the moment. I don't know for sure but I heard it's an administrative issue, with customs labeling or something like that. Nothing to do with branding. I had a set of sewing patterns (literally just a few sheets of paper) that made it to Ireland, sat here for a week and then were sent back to the US - I never got any word of what the issue was, but I can assure you it wasn't because the contents offended anybody.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Its most likely a customs issue. The company may not have had the correct paperwork and it was returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

See this thread above or search @postvox on Twitter to see more on the current nightmare of trying to have anything successfully delivered from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭STEE

never contacted me, no attempted delivery, no missed attempted delivery or anything. Same thing happened to me I haven't a clue as to why they would send it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Definitely a customs issues. I've had loads of things go from country to country then back to the sender. It's a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

#NoPostAnPost on twitter will give you all the answers. The seller/carrier were probably deemed to have not completed the appropriate electronic customs form and data.

Advertisement