Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's great that you have the option to do that ,plus it meaning a few days not having to commute is a bonus !

What's your blood type , em , caffeine 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, getting ready to give my first physical, in-person lecture in the classroom since March 2020. Super busy...

Another nice day out there today.

When you wake up with a sore throat & go all Perse-panicky 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24,928 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Woke up with an immediate and annoying naggy malevolent feeling that I have somewhere to be, an appointment or something to do today... the feeling of joy that I actually don’t is nice...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rest day today. Shattered with all the extra work of late..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oops, I see my spider image/tongue in cheek post caused offence and distress. Apologies that people felt that way.

The irony is that I posted in another thread a while ago about an encounter I had with a spider myself and my panic/fear reaction.

I also said in the post that I killed that spider and someone took me to task about doing that too.

So as you can see my post wasn't to be mean but to try put humour on the issue of spiders and our human reaction to them.

But, yea sorry those who were upset. Definitely not my intention obviously.

Post edited by Purple Mountain on

To thine own self be true

Ah post all the spider pics!!...I used print off A4 colour tarantula pics and leave them on a workmates monitor, in her bag, under her books, in the loo, I'd even put a little tear in her Boohoo deliveries and slip them in there...I also used buy toy rats and more or less do the same thing.....I have a nasty streak 😂😂

Lol Dave ! I once handed one of my brother in laws a matchbox as he was looking for a light for his cigarette. I didn't tell him it contained a moth...Yep , he doesn't like them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Couchside with a cuppa and some rich tea buttered together, watching Masterchef Australia

Thanks for acknowledging the upset your pics caused Purple.

We all have different tolerance levels for such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Speechless

👹👹👹 arooo..awooo....

(It's a day late but I forgot the full moon was last night)

Mam, it was very cloudy here so it was obscure. It looked very bright behind the clouds. I hate when it's cloudy for a full moon. There's something really beautiful about a full moon in a cloudless sky.

I'm up... insomnia ....

Last few pages made for difficult reading here...I have to admit, these days I pop in...read a few posts and ignore loads 😂...might work for some more people too tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just on the 101 bus feeling pretty sleepy 😴 I'm putting my hood up and going for a quick nap now.

I used to do the very same on the early morning train. I think it was 7.40am. 6am is a different beast altogether so commiserations to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Le sigh

Boss wants his walk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, what did you think of the Harvest Moon? I’m off to Dubai next week so finally its time for some cold draft pints of Jamesons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

7.40am would be like a lie in for me 😁 I'm normally up at 5.10am and out the door at 5.45am for the bus at 6am on weekdays. Looking forward to visiting the parents in Limerick on Friday eve for the weekend and having a nice lie in (well, until 9am) before heading to the Saturday market and then meeting up with my nephew afterwards for food and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grrrr. Just had words with the Public Health Nurse re the inadequate continence wear she insists I use for Dad. I've told her multiple times what he requires and she keeps trying to fob me off with cheap, unfit for purpose products and trying to imply I'm not fitting them properly. I know it's down to downward pressure to stay in budget from the HSE clipboards as the nighttime product he requires is probably a few cents more per unit than the sh1t she's trying to fob me off with. I made it clear to her today that I wasn't putting him through anymore discomfort and indignity if she couldn't supply what he needs - I'll have to get the really expensive ones that actually work out of his pension money. A nurse who puts budgetary considerations over patient care, comfort and dignity should be ashamed of herself, IMO.

Rant over.

• Advertisement

@Sardonicat Good on you. You're his voice so it's important its heard.

Bureaucracy infuriates me.

Just out of the barbers , ready for Friday!

Can't keep up with the pages here , they're flying past so quickly. ...someone insert a tumbleweed gif ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

A thing I've noticed across loads of threads is passive aggressive sniping. I just wish people would report a post and move on. Or give a good robust counter argument, obviously depending on the thread. Backseat modding sucks the joy out of a thread.

I hope you didn't think that's what I was doing ?! The passive aggressive sniping is nothing new in my opinion tbh . I just miss how the thread used to be full of posts and chats PC.

Jesus no!!

Just giving a reason for (in my opinion) people are not posting as much.

I know the new site is not as user friendly but taking frustrations out on other posters is not a great way to deal with it.

There's a few threads I've gone into lately where I may have had an opinion and thought nope!

This thread has been quiet a good year now, there was about 20 (maybe even 30 thinking about it ) good regular posters and a few like myself that would wave in. Now probably down to 10 and very few wavers

Phew !!

I get you , it's just sad to see what it has become , that's all . We're all frustrated and annoyed at the site since the changeover I agree , and you're right in saying it's not fair to take it out on other posters .

Wave more often ☺

Haha don't encourage me or you will be wishing I shut up 😊

Well, we will all make a pact to come on en masse on Friday morning to give a big wherers send off to Grem.

That'll get us all scrolling again.

• Advertisement

We're trying to keep the thread alive , wave away 😁

Advertisement