Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Custom Fitting for a Putter worth it?

Options
  • 16-09-2021 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

A good few years ago, I got custom fitted for driver & 3 wood, it made a big difference to my game.

Just wondering if there is value in doing the same for a putter and where in the south of the country would be a good option.

I play off 2 but my putting would be closer to 10, part of that is in the mind though was curious if people went for a custom fitting and found it helped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

What's the worst that can happen if you go for a fitting? The answer is there is nothing bad that can happen, you are under no obligation to buy after a fitting and you will see how much of an improvement in performance there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chasingbirdies

How about a couple of lessons ? With the idea that you'll ask the pro about fitting, I've never had a putter fitting so can't really give an opinion on if they're worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Quahog217

Go to Ronan Collins in Fota. He will do a fitting or/and give you the lesson, problem solved. Have had pretty much my all my clubs now fitted from him and have dropped from 5 to 3! You wont go wrong.

Advertisement