Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Is Custom Fitting for a Putter worth it?

• 16-09-2021 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ Infoseeker1975

A good few years ago, I got custom fitted for driver & 3 wood, it made a big difference to my game.

Just wondering if there is value in doing the same for a putter and where in the south of the country would be a good option.

I play off 2 but my putting would be closer to 10, part of that is in the mind though was curious if people went for a custom fitting and found it helped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭ ShivasIrons

What's the worst that can happen if you go for a fitting? The answer is there is nothing bad that can happen, you are under no obligation to buy after a fitting and you will see how much of an improvement in performance there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chasingbirdies

How about a couple of lessons ? With the idea that you'll ask the pro about fitting, I've never had a putter fitting so can't really give an opinion on if they're worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ Quahog217

Go to Ronan Collins in Fota. He will do a fitting or/and give you the lesson, problem solved. Have had pretty much my all my clubs now fitted from him and have dropped from 5 to 3! You wont go wrong.

Advertisement