Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Lots of recordings set up. Wattched a bit earlier felt very jealous of the people there. Saw some of james and delighted i have ticket for their upcupco

Finish of last sentence Upcoming gig. Happy mondays as support pretty good if they can still sing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Going to the cinema with sister and family today, going to see the Aretha Franklin biopic Respect. Anyone seen it?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Da Neck

Any fans of beastie boys, RATM, strokes, The fall I recommend these lads. I imagine they'll be playing ep next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZWVT7ZpaT8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

What's the story with gigs before 22nd October. I've got Squid and Tim Burgess coming up very soon, seem to be still going ahead at reduced capacity?

I'm also going away to Lanzarote on 12th and have a ticket for Snapped Ankles. Might try request a cheeky refund from ticketmaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭rubick

Just seeing this mate, wasn't on Boards last week.

It's the new-(ish) Orb Line-up of Alex Paterson and Michael Rendall. I daresay it'll be newer material but there's chat of a fan vote to see what is played throughout the tour. Got tickets for the Belfast show, it's a school night but if you can't Ambient House on a Wednesday night I don't know when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I have the same issue. Two tickets for snapped ankles on the 12th workmans. Went to ticketmaster and put them on resale at face value. Neat. If they get purchased I get my money back (minus charges).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ye don't fancy them at reduced capacity? I'm not sure how it will work either but I'm damned if I'm giving up on any live music that has a chance of going ahead. It'll hardly be seated, will it? That would be pretty weird for Snapped Ankles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

According to the Whelan's website Tim Burgess' gig is going ahead!

• Advertisement

Nah ... we booked ourselves 14 days holidays a couple of months back and it just slipped my mind about the gig. Disgusted I am going to miss it. Haven't seen a live band in a long long time.

That Aretha Franklin biopic Respect is excellent and worth checking out it sort of covers her career up to her live gospel session in 72 although in the credits it states how she went on through the years and shows one of her final performances. Did anyone catch the Leonard Cohen documentary and tribute on TG4 last night, was pretty interesting with Cohen guesting himself with U2 as the backing band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭endainoz

So had a fantastic weekend seeing so much music. I had gone to a couple of smaller standalone gigs over the last year or so but this was the first festival. It was great to have that feeling again of all the good vibes from people and finding out new favourite artists.

One of the first acts we saw was Andy Irvine on Saturday afternoon. A guy sitting beside me echoed the same sentiment from Thundercats of how much of a privalege it is to still be able see artists like him in 2021. Before him we had Steve Cooney who I genuinely believe could play along to any type of music, a true genius.

Saturday night finished off with the latchikos for the second night in a row and they predictably tore the house down, really lively crowd for it.

Yesterday started a little later in the day but got in just in time for Clare sands set. She played most of her songs over old recordings that she had picked up along the way. Some with ambient sounds, some with people talking, a bit like public service broadcasting. I was really impressed with her, totally surpassed my expectations.

Then it was on to saint sister, who I knew a couple of their bigger songs from Spotify but was overall pretty unfamiliar. Their set was amazing, the crowd hung on to their every word and it was a really special experience. Really captivating stuff, they had a merch stand and herself bought their new album on vinyl. We were also lucky enough to have a quick chat with the two girls as they were loading up their gear and got them to sign the vinyl. Very nice girls to talk to and quite humble too. And a major shock for me was that they aren't actually sisters! Regardless, they're highly recommended from me anyway.

The evening finished with Kila and although they didn't have their full lineup for whatever reason, they still had the place hopping. This started as a kind of sit down affair but about 20 mins into their set some patrons took it upon themselves to stack all the chairs in a corner so people would have to go and dance. It was all pretty funny, and a of good natured rebellion.

Overall I had a brilliant weekend, the positivity about the place was just so infectious. You don't realize how much you missed these kinds of feelings over the last 18 months. Meeting people you haven't seen in literal years and of course random festival types of encounters, all have been badly missed for too long.

Nice review edainoz.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

Thanks, I was trying to use my inner BD while I was writing it! I think I might have to practice a bit more!

Thanks Endainoz really lookingforward to Saint Sister in October having read your review. Only 100 tickets so will be interested to see what the atmosphere will be like.

Pre ordered the James Vincent Mcmorrow album. It is coming from uk and just got a message to say charges due. Paid €16 VAT charge of €3 and an post charge €3.50 on top of it. Will be keeping an eye out in future where coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Other gigs I've got coming up are bearable being seated and with 60% of capacity (Staves, Sorcha Richardson). Snapped Ankles just makes no sense though. Unless the government allows venues to open to full capacity earlier than the 22nd I'd prefer if they delayed the Irish leg by a month or two, it'll just be far too odd.

Are the snapped ankles supported by the shins?

(Sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thread ban?

And why is Enda still posting after the Garth Brooks admission? We used to have standards......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

thanks for the heads up. Btw if anyone fancies a single ticket for 15 (~fiver off) dm me.

I've sent a message to Singular artists to check ths status just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭rubick

We've three gigs coming up in Belfast in the next two months, but the way things are going in terms of Covid hospitalisations and the rumblings from Stormont this morning about the strain on local hospitals here I really don't see them going ahead.

1st October - Sean Johnston - ALFOS @ The Ulster Sports Club - current restrictions do not permit dancing indoors, so this already twice delayed event (from June 2020) could be kicked down the road again. This was initially due to be an Andrew Weatherall tribute night as well with A/V installations by David Holmes.

22nd November - The Charlatans @ The Limelight

24th November - The Orb @ Belfast Empire

6th December - James/Happy Mondays @ 3Arena

Honestly can see a further delay to relaxation of restrictions to be announced on Thursday in the North because hospitals are at breaking point. Paul Givan and Michelle O'Neill were at the Royal Victoria Hospital this morning for meetings with staff ahead of the forthcoming announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I've stopped ordering as many pre orders because of the cost of postage even within Ireland and also not getting it on the day. Cheaper and handier to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea i'm after getting caught a few times over the last year too. Cost of postage was nearly the same price as the CDs I was buying..

I preordered the Kid A Mnesiac thing. €18 for the 3 CDs and €15 for DPD delivery...

I think it's time to stop being silly

I think it's time to stop being silly

I know .. CDs, eh grandad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

hmmm

Advertisement