Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to manage with food in quarantine and public transports

Options
  • 19-09-2021 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all,

Finally after spending some time abroad, I can go back to Ireland.

Due to health reasons, I cannot get myself vaccinated. I am aware that I have to spend quarantine in a designated place.

I was wondering how I can manage with food (I'll be on my own). During previous lockdown, when I tried to order online, I saw that I should wait for a few days before getting deliveries (Tesco for eg.). Is timeframe still more or less the same or has it become faster? I have food intolerancies, I can't order from take aways or restaurants.

After quarantine: I am aware that it is still possible to travel on public transport with no obligation of vaccine. Are there any rumours that it is going to remain the same? At least in the next close future?

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Online orders are not as hard to get now as more people are willing to go to the shops themselves.

There is no infrastructure to check for vaccine certs on public transport. Its not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Handover of food for groceries is pretty much contactless, you won't be near the person delivering them and can request they leave them outside your door. Seeing as wearing masks isn't policied properly there is no chance of any system being put in place for veryfying vaccination status on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shinsen

I wrote this post before checking the last update in relation to quarantine.

I'll be coming from the EU.

There is no quarantine for passangers from the EU in place at the moment, is my understanding correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There is no quarantine for passangers from the EU in place at the moment, is my understanding correct?

No. You'll need a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before your arrival.

Advertisement