Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfers

Options
  • 19-09-2021 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭

Time to discuss GW6 transfers.

I’m tempted to bank but injuries may force my hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT and after watching Motd I can say Alonso will be one of them.....he could have had a hat trick today.

Might dump Torres as well for either Gray or Sarr

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im tempted to give up on Shaw and go to Rudiger a week earlier than planned but Chelsea have City while United are at home to Villa. Might just bank and do it next week along with another transfer. Will wait on Raphinha news before deciding, if his hip injury is bad then that changes things a lot when Sarr has a couple of nice fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus to Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's league cup this midweek too and I'll probably hold off until after those have been played as some of the low-mid priced players could feature for their teams depending on how seriously they take the league cup.

All PL teams bar Newcastle & Palace will play in the 3rd round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Issues: Neves and Dallas tempted to bring in Douglas Luiz and either Trossard/Benrahma/Gray

Gray is at home and playing Norwich so that should be a home win.

Benrahma up against Leeds, with Antonio back - that will be an open game - bound to be goals.

Trossard - return in last two games and Brighton flying high.

Sarr is another option - but scoring two against Norwich doesn't really tell us much.

Alternatively could leave as is for another week and swap steer for Foster as he's getting his game.

• Advertisement

The City game could easily be 0-0, City aren't really firing on all cylinders and Chelsea are a tough opponent. looking at city's 5 games to date in the league:

City lost against Spurs

Scored 5 against Norwich - that doesn't say much

Scored 5 against 10 men Arsenal who were depleted of their first team - again doesn't say much

Scraped a one nil win against Leicester

Held to 0-0 against Southampton.

Yeah watching MOTD too and it was incredible how many times Alonso wandering into the box, he is getting even more further forward that Trent and he shoots on sight. I wonder is Chilwell frozen out because Alonso is playing so well. Will be interesting to see who starts v City.

Had forgotten about the league cup games, that means we should get news on Raph in Bielsas presser. Will also be watching the United line up to see does Greenwood start or get rested. iirc United play West Ham again.

yeah you're right, the City Chelsea could well be 0-0 and thats on my mind becasue Rudiger is likely to rise 0.1m and it was always my plan to get him in GW7 anyway. I didnt see enough from Shaw today to suggest these assists are coming and United arent keeping many clean sheets. Whereas that Chelsea defence seems elite, 5 games in and they have conceded only one goal and that was a Salah penalty so they have yet to concede from open play.

I sold Shaw in WC because of the lack of CS, their team is built on attacking, and others may argue against this - but Ronaldo is not really one to track back, so they don't defend from the front as much as other teams would. Having said all that Shaw was taking every corner today from both sides, so he should get assists, it's just is an assist and no clean sheet worth 5.5m? Especially when you can get a Chelsea defender for less, or Alonso for a little more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Playing home to City next?

I’m raging I never went with him earlier. Kept saying.. ah he’ll be rotated with Chilwell now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was a bit apprehensive about getting on the Gra(v)y train with doubts about his form extending longer and Everton's injuries, but Everton are playing Norwich next which has it's own potential advantages. But then looking at the recent trends, maybe Townsend is a better option.

The person playing RW vs Norwich this season:

GW1: Salah - 1G &2A. 3 bonus

GW2: Jesus - 2A. 3 bonus

GW3: Albrighton - 1 A. 1 bonus

GW4: Pepe - 1A.

GW5: Sarr - 2A. 3 bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Darn I've Gray (LW) for next week.

Anyway, bigger problems. Can no longer count on Mount. Amartey isn't at the party. And Jota is too hard to rhyme but on borrowed time.

Raphina is currently yellow but likely to be bringing him in for his run of fixtures for Mount or Jota. Then, wouldn't rule out a -4 later.

As I said in GW5 thread...

Spurs can go sh*t and Pep-roulette can go sh*t.

Reguilon/Torres out

Rudiger/Kovacic in

Was also tempted to bring in Sarr for Allan but I'll keep me powder dry on that one for another week.

yeah watching Shaw get 1 clean sheet out of 5 has been frustrating. There was a stat going around that 7 different Chelsea defenders now have more points than him so that shows the extent of the chasm. Ive no doubt Shaws assists will come because he is on set pieces but without a foundation of clean sheets I dont think he is worth holding.

Rudiger is the obvious shout but I am tempted by Alonso becasue when Chelsea are in possession he is like a striker who has the license to wander anywhere he likes That of course comes with a rotation risk but Im thinking the way to offset that risk is to also finally get rid of Tsmikas and get in Livarmento as first sub who would then cover Alonso if Chilwell gets a start. Livarmento has to be nailed, he gets forward and that Soton defense now has a clean sheet against both Man City and West Ham which is pretty decent for such a cheap player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might have to Wild Card. Digne, Shaw, Mount, Torres out

Yea I've gone with Alonso and Christensen, and if they don't play - I have two playing defenders on the bench, would be terrible luck for both of them to be dropped, especially given how well Alonso is doing this season. Alonso was popping up in the box a few time and got a couple of shots away - very lively.

If you knew that Alonso was going to start every game in the way that say TAA does, i think then that people might view Alonso either as under priced, or TAA as overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Waiting for more info on the flags (I've got TAA, Raph and Ayling flagged) but thinking of bringing in Alonso also.

Bit risky but I still have my WC so if he does start to get benched I can fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Have exact money for Reguilon to Alonso, so don’t think I’ll have much time to decide. Annoying that Chelsea have City up next but given where he’s playing on the pitch defensive points seem like a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Once Kante came on yesterday it looked like Alonso was playing more advanced than Lukaku :-)

Playing City isn't ideal obvs but their fixtures after that are green all the way. No doubt Tommy T will start rotating his back four soon but Alonso is always fun to own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've gone with Rudiger from the start as I feel he will be rotated the least - famous last words because Tommy will no doubt rotate him at some point. I have Livramento and Williams on the bench though to sub in when a defender is missing.

Are many people going for Lukaku?

My team is:

Sanchez

Livramento, Rudiger, TAA (Ayling, Williams)

Salah, Gray (transfer in this week for Mount), Torres, Benrahama (Gilmour)

Ings, Antonio, Ronaldo

I have enough at the minute to be able to go Ings to Lukaku and Torres to a mid 5.5 or below next week for -4. In my thoughts are Emile Smith Rowe, Odegaard or Kovavic - any other recommendations?

I had thought about wildcarding but I'm fairly happy with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Without even thinking about budget, there's about 20 players I want right now. Literally can't fit them all in.

Hoping to bank this week, agree about Alonso, with all the 4m playing defenders it's easier to take a punt on him even if he's rested. Might just hold until next week and double the Untied to Chelsea switch Shaw/Ronaldo - Alonso/Lukaku when the fixtures swing.

I really don't think you can sell Ronaldo - everything goes through him. He's already gone up 0.2m, you could be priced out of getting him back in if you sell imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think at the moment he's going to be going through an I'm back at United run and scoring like it was 5 years ago. Eventually he will revert to age and possibly become too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Actually, just looking at it a bit closer, I might try to leave Ronaldo where he is and sacrifice TAA for Chelsea's easy run.

While Chelsea have..... Southampton (h), Brentford (a), Norwich (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h) - you'd fancy 5 wins there

....Liverpool have..... Man City (h), Watford (a), Man Utd (a), Brighton (h), Arsenal (a) - could still see them winning 3/4 but not as emphatically.

I'm slow to ditch Ronaldo (even though their fixtures are tough), so maybe getting Lukaku for Bamford by sacrificing TAA and Jota for Alonso and Gallagher/Smith-Rowe for a few weeks is an easier way to get the Chelsea run.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Has there been any word on how long mendy will be out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Had a WC Torres/Raphinha Problem. Went with Torres for GW5, burnt! Stick or Twist on Raphinha with one card from a ban or is there a better option in that range?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I don't have TAA and was going to get him in last week but came to the same conclusion as you and decided to wait for week 10 and go double Chelsea instead. I have that Alonso Gallagher combo with Lukaku upfront now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Surely with how toothless Pep saw his charges were in their previous game, his only recognised striker Torres has got to play the next game ?

Surely? Surely ??? Bueller ????

• Advertisement

yeah you'd kind of think so given they couldnt score v Soton. Took them till the 90th minute to register their first shot on target too. I read Pep blamed the build up play as not being good enough, he was probably expecting the usual Sterling or Foden to the end line with a cut back for someone to tap in, maybe teams are getting wise to one of his favoured ways of scoring?

Advertisement