Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Anyone have any thoughts on Mount? He's a doubt in my mind given the last few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think when he got rotated v Villa that was just Tuchels usual pattern of rotation, theres a good few Chelsea players you can expect to get rotated one in every 5 or 6 games. It didnt help that they won against Villa 3-0 without him on the pitch though.

But the more worrying thing was him being subbed off at half time v Spurs. It was 0-0 at half time, Tuchel took Mount off and put Kante on and changed formation. Chelsea dominated that second half and again scored 3 goals without Mount on the pitch. From what I read Mount didnt play at all well v Spurs so thats a worry going forward.

I had a plan in GW1 to go triple Chelsea in GW7 with Lukaku, Mount + defender. But he hasnt established the relationship with Lukaku that I thought he would so that plan is gone. If anything I would be taking a look at Kovacic, he is so cheap at 5.1m that if he doesnt start its not a major panic if your bench is okay. He has started 4 out of 5 games and came on for 45 minutes v Liverpool. In that time he has accumulated 29 points from 3 assists and 4 clean sheets, i.e. the exact type of output that you would have been expecting Mount to deliver. He also had a shot on target v Spurs so he is getting in the box the odd time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

While Kovacic is decent and cheap, you can pick up a Chelsea defender for cheaper and is more likely to outscore Kovacic over their run of fixtures. Although there isn't much in midfield at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's -8 plus whatever your other players gets, so if they all just get 2 points, you need to get 14 points to break even.

I don't have any of these players, so it's hard to say should you sell them, there are good reasons not too, but equally good reason to sell. But one thing I would feel is that you need Ronaldo in your team. He's 12.7m atm and won't be getting cheaper, and everything is going through him. I would probably try to keep Jota over Greenwood if you could.

Agreed, there are Chelsea defenders who will likely out score Kovacic over their good run as you'd expect clean sheets in at least 3 out of the next 5 games. But was more saying it in the context of a midfielder to replace Mount if tripling up on Chelsea but not wanting a double up in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I think Gallagher is a key part of the picture that enables more premiums. Looked good even against Liverpool, and looks like they have a proper goalscorer now too so more chances of assists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’d agree on Jota over Greenwood but I’m kinda set on losing the 2.

Salah, Lukaku, Antonio & Sarr are my other attackers & im not shipping any of those.

I want to get Gallagher long term too. I’d go Gray/Doucoure over Townsend but haven’t enough.

the alternative is to ship Jota & upgrade a defender to a Chelsea defender (James) next week and have double Chelsea defence.

My doubts on Ronaldo are that I wouldn’t captain after this week for at least 6 GW’s so Is it money tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I really wouldn't consider a Chelseas midfielder at the moment, you should be looking to get 2 of their defenders in. They look rock solid and are all chipping in with attacking returns apart from Christensen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

2 FT's and a good few players I'd like to move on but unsure what to do.

Jota - Getting chances but just doesn't look like he's playing well. Tempted by Sarr but Jota's does have Brentford next. Brentford have been good defensivly but they haven't played a top 7 team.

Digne - not returning points but Norwich next. Might give him another week

Shaw - Like Digne, not returning. Would love a Chelsea defender but after they play city.

Torres - City not firing but I don't want to give up on him just yet

At the moment thinking about Jota - Sarr this week and then moving Digne and Shaw to Alonso and Cancelo the following week, but still unsure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Is Mount worth hanging onto to? Subbed off at half time last week and missed the prior one completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Digne went off injured last night. Not sure if it is a precaution or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've shipped him. By all accounts, he was dreadful in the first half last week and Chelsea ran riot when he went off. I have Rudiger and looking at getting in Lukaku & Kovavic. I don't like going with two defenders from one club - too much pain when they concede!

yeah I can see the thinking in behind going with 2 Chelsea defenders. Their defence looks unreal at the moment with just one goal conceded in 5 games and that was a penalty. Its early days but if that trend continues they'll be in the mix for setting a new PL record on least goals conceded in a season, a record currently held by Mourinhos 2004-5 Chelsea team who conceded just 15 goals. Will be interesting to see how they get on v City.

Is it just a price issue where people are so insistent on double Chelsea defence, and not double Liverpool or Man City defence? Liverpool have also only conceded one goal and was also a set piece conceded. There is a lot of talk of one but not the other. Generally speaking, 3 of their back 4 are rotation proof. Man City have only conceded one goal too, on the opening day. Cancelo could potentially be a better selection than James because of rotation and Ake seems nailed for a couple weeks now.

FWIW, I will be getting in a Chelsea defender ASAP. Might eventually upgrade Schmeichel to Mendy once those Leicester fixtures change back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Bamford out for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Pretty useless info for Raphina and Ailing Luke Ayling owners

2m

Diego Llorente, Robin Koch and Patrick Bamford are not available. "Not sure on any others," reveals Marcelo Bielsa. Therefore the status of Raphinha and Luke Ayling remains unclear. Pascal Struijk is suspended but Jack Harrison is available following COVID-19. #LUFC

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it is for attacking returns that the talk is of double Chelsea defence, Alonso currently has more points than TAA but is much cheaper. Not saying he is a TAA replacement but having both could be very fruitful, provided you have a good starting bench option if Alonso doesnt start which is where Livarmento comes in for me.

Outside of TAA its hard to see any other Liverpool or City defenders racking up the same attacking points as Alonso or James if they continue playing. Thats the risk some are willing to take or else go Rudiger + Alonso or James. VVD, Dias, Cancelo will all chip in here and there but they are 0.5m-1m more expensive and likely wont have the same output in attacking returns and potential bonus points. Especially with Chelseas fixtures as well, I wouldnt be surprised if they won all 5 out of the next 5. They have got the perfect storm of both form and fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Sarr or Gallagher?

With Bamford out might be best to go ahead with this -8 now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

For me:

Sarr short term with fixtures and Gallagher long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I'm getting riddled with injuries this year, another -4 as i have a bare 11 and ill take the gamble shipping out bamford for antonio instead of allowing gilmour to sub on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭crushproof

Eurgh tempted to take a -4 to Antonio in for Bamford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭crushproof

I shoulda gone for Sarr but went Gallagher instead. He's a lively looking fella so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

We haven't really settled on a formation/team yet but it seems like 3-5-2 might be the favoured route of Smith, with Luiz likely to be the holding player of the CM 3 with McGinn & J. Ramsey either side. He was pushed into McGinn's more advanced role against Everton after McGinn went off injured and that's where he got his assist. However, Chukwuemeka was injured for that game and probably would have come on for McGinn in a like for like instead of Nakamba who's much more defense minded. Interestingly Luiz was on some set pieces so potential for some assists with our new set piece coach starting to have an impact. In short, he'll play most matches but likely in a defensive role. If Ramsey cements his place he could be worth a punt @4.5m, only a matter of time before he starts scoring/assisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

For me it's price and fixtures at the moment. I can afford TAA and 2 Chelsea defenders with a couple of transfers. I'd consider Cancelo later on in the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking like a Bruno, Bamford to Sarr, Ronaldo -4 for me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Any Watford fans? Thinking of going Bachmann to Foster and banking the 0.5m. Rest of team is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Not a fan but on a podcast called planet fpl they had a watford fan on (they have a correspondent from each club) and he bashed Bachman and wanted foster starting.

I have Sanchez and foster and wondering should I start foster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Was very tempted by Lukaku --> Ronaldo but I'll take the gamble of not buying him this week. United fixtures to get trickier and I think Lukaku is a bigger flat track bully than Ronaldo so I don't want to waste the transfer bringing him back next week again when I've bigger fish to fry.

Mount or Jota or both to go but to who. Was set on Raphina earlier in the week but lucky I held off on that. Do I free up cash by getting a Gallager or a Sarr.

I've enough in the bank to do:

Jota --> Gallagher/Sarr and then

Mount --> Son for a -4.

• Advertisement

Currently looking into Bamford replacements, which can be direct or indirect. Indirect would be Veltman -> Cancelo/Rudiger/James or Jota/Greenwood/Barnes -> Sarr but I'm leaning towards keeping those 3 mid priced mids for this GW.

I'm probably gonna WC in GW7 and load up on Chelsea DEF, Lukaku, Cancelo etc. I could bring one of them in this week as I have 2.8 ITB but I would only really be saving 0.1 at best and Man City play Chelsea anyways so it's risky. So that is kinda ruling out the DEF move when I can just get them in GW7 with better fixtures

Might aswell take a one week punt.

Currently looking at Adam Armstrong and Vardy. Vardy I've never had luck with, I think he's overpriced and I already have Barnes & Schmeichel. Vardy also has a poor record against Burnley. Adam Armstrong fixtures take a change soon and maybe this could be a nice audition to make it into the WC team as the 3rd striker with his fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I wouldn’t take a hit for Son away to Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'd be inclined to move one of the mid priced mids to Sarr this week if I were you and you had no fires to put out. I like the look of Armstrong also. The difference between them at the moment is that Sarr could go up in value tonight whereas Armstrong won't (if that's important to you)

Bamford, Jota & Greenwood…. I don’t know what to do to be honest.

Do I give them another chance or do I bite the bullet now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

From the info we have Bamford is out for a week and the upcoming international break might help Leeds field a more normal side afterwards.

Personally I'm on a wc and got rid of Jota this week as he has been immensely frustrating to own, however watch him haul this week.

Greenwood I feel is suffering from Ronaldo the most and i'd be inclined to get rid until their very good fixture run and see what kind of team Ole develops around Ronaldo moving forward.

You have your pick of cheaper mids this week if you want to punt on any of them.

That’s exactly my thoughts. I’m half in fear of Greenwood & Jota hauls as they will both score eventually (after 2/3 games blanks).

im not interested in any replacement for Bamford other then CR7. So do I go for the complete -8 & bring in the likes of Gallagher & Townsend. It’s probably easier to swallow all 3 out then 1 by 1.

If I leave it a week I’ll prob be at same situation next week.

Not sure if I'll shift Bamford, think it sounds like a 1 week injury so might be better to ride it out given Leeds fixtures. It would also cost me a -4 for the third week in a row (Ronaldo in, DCL injury) and I'd promised myself to try keep -4s to 7 or less of them for the season.

Im trying not to play the WC in GW8 and just get to Chelsea asssets using FTs. I want to try to get to the international break in GW12 and use the WC then, theres a few good fixture shifts at that point whereas GW8 mainly offers United to Chelsea players

Ya maybe that is the better option. Half looking into Greenwood from those 3 this week, as he is playing further away from goal now with Ronaldo playing and not getting the full 90 either. He's also the only 1 of the 3 I can bank money on, and I was going to sell him on WC anyways. Jota will probably leave on WC but I can't sell an OOP forward versus a promoted team. This will be Firmino's last game of not being available to start but there is also the chance that Klopp starts all 4 forwards due to the injuries in midfield now. He started all 4 against Man City last season and it worked well for 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

With the Leeds news I'm stuck on trying to decide on the below options, first 2 are with an eye on WC next week. Any thoughts welcome

1. Bamford/Raphinha to Vardy/ESR for -4
    2. Bamford/Bruno to Ronaldo/Pogba for -4
    3. Wildcard this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Gone torres/ soucek to gray/Townsend

Was just thinking there, with Leeds weakness at set pieces, along with missing their CBs, then maybe the likes of Soucek / Cresswell / Zouma could be an option this GW also.

I'm just not convinced by them longer term after Brentford & Everton with the European games. Antonio & Benrahama is enough for me for WHU.

Pretty close to finalising my 2 FT this week with:

Ings to Dennis and,

Ayling to Alonso.

Watford have a nice couple of fixtures and Alonso should score well in the next few weeks as well

It means that Torres and Tsimakas are still lurking around my squad but not worth taking hits to move them on atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Mount & Torres to Zaha & Sarr for a -4. Zaha is a punt instead of the likes of Townsend/Gray/Gallagher but it could work out. He usually disappoints me historically though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So I did DCL to Bamford last week. And I'm considering Bamford to... Chris Wood? Yep that's how stumped I am atm about who to bring in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭Xander10

Yikes! That probably feels like a double downgrade. WC?

• Advertisement

Good lord I came back in to post the exact same thing with the view to then using the spare funds to upgrade a budget defender to a Chelsea defender next week.

Wood plays Norwich next week too!

If you're thinking Chris Wood for a short term move also consider Neil Maupay for a similar price. He's got 3 goals in 5 games and has favourable enough fixtures in the next three, Palace, Arsenal, Norwich. A few seem to be going towards Jiminez as a Bamford replacement but he still hasnt scored whereas at least Wood and Maupay have a few goals under their belts. Brighton are looking good this season, Graham Potter has them running like clockwork

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’ve gone Torres out and Gallagher in. This leaves me with 2.2m to get Trent or another Chelsea defender in next week. Have Antonio, Lukaku and Ronaldo up front so happy enough with the way the team is shaping up. Have made a vow to keep -4s to an absolute minimum this year, have yet to take a hit (I’d way too many points given away last year)

Im similar in trying to keep -4s to a minimum. 7 of them max is the target for -28 over the season. But Ive already used two because of the Ronaldo situation and DCL injury.

Is there any way of finding out how many hits we took last season? It would be good to get a bench mark to try to improve against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am aiming for the same front three, but have Salah included as my premium MF and Shaw and James DEFs. Getting close, but need one more cheapy, and leaning towards Gallagher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement