Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What scares those who scream "conspiracy theorist"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

I'm not rambling in the slightest. That is your opinion and your position on what I posted. Historically you have displayed that any post longer than a few sentences is a rant or a ramble. It's the first thing you do to attempt to discredit, besmirch or invalidate. Your next cheap and shabby trick was to see who thanked my post and then sneakily attempt to align MY beliefs and opinions with theirs.

Nice try, PAL, but you're efforts are not only weak and underhanded, they are also childish.

If a paedophile thanked one of my posts would you say that I am in line with their thinking? If I posted something about ...any topic....the weather, food, architecture, poetry, music and it was thanked by the Pope would you try to align me to religion, despite the fact that I am an atheist?

Or is this just another "ramble"?

Why are you lumping in skeptics with "conspiracy theorists"? It sounds like you are lumping in a black pickpocket with all negroes or a homeless woman with state-teat-sucking "junkies", or a guy with a scarf around his neck on Saturday outside Anfield with football hooligans.

All you're doing is categorising. If someone brings up the fact that Hans Blix was run out of town [fact], that Rumsfeld lied, repeatedly about Iraqi WMD [fact], that Tony Blair told the world that we had 45 minutes before we were all incinerated by Iraqi drones [fact], that some bought and paid for twit witnessed soldiers throwing babies on the floor out of incubators even though she wasn't even in the country to witness the rubbish she described [fact]. These lies are all laid bare yet you seem to think that anyone who brings them and myriad other up is somehow worthy of the title "tinfoiler"

Simple question for you. The farce staged Jessica Lynch "rescue" was completely denied by her. She ought to know. She was there. Apparently she "fired her gun taking out multiple "terrorists" until she ran out of ammo and succumbed to shock / unconsciouscness" She was being treated in a hospital but it was reported that she was kidnapped by bloodthirsty insurgents. There were even crappy stories on CNN about her being raped. And this moronic operation to "rescue" her from the clutches of the enemy was broadcast.

What a load of bollocks. So it was all a lie.

So tell me if you think that crap was real or a lie like so many others?

A good book you should read, BTW is Ray MacGinnis's:

And before any of you scoff and say "I'm not going to give a penny of my PUP to some grifter seeking to sell a book and make money", sure then I'll send you a second hand copy gratis. Read the book. It's pretty good. And if you are afraid that it will turn you into a tinfoiller/lizard/flat-earther, fear not. I've read the Bible and the Koran and Mein Kampf cover to cover. I'm still an atheist, a non-terrorist and a non-Nazi.

Edward Snowden is an extremely intelligent man. He knows how these tricks work. He probably has as many doubts about the official 9/11 story as anyone else who has half a brain. His beef is with the NSA and how they tried to kill him in order to shut him up from leaking government malfeasance. If he was to come out and say 9/11 was an inside jobs and there are paedophile pizza businesses and the Earth is flat, etc. He'd never be listened to again. Abby MArtin backtracked on her 9/11 questions because she knew where it was going. She knew that a witch-hunt would ensue. Deep down I'm sure she has her doubts but to stick by them would slate her from all the other exposes she uncovers.

And Snowden was a high school graduate in 2001. How would he have known whether it was an "inside job" or not? Was he part of the apparatus at the age of 19?

You keep bringing up the point that there were so many people who had to keep this all a secret. People who were part of the mesh, yet you hang on a guy who was not part of that internal tapestry to make your point.

A hundred or even several hundred witnesses who were there throw up a question and you dismiss it.

A spook who wasn't there [even though I have infinite respect for the man's courage] says it wasn't nefarious and you hang on his testimony?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yup. Pretty much another ramble.

A pretty hypocritical one at that.

I didn't align your beliefs with anyone's. I asked your opinion of their beliefs. I did this to highlight that for all your rambling about valid and invalid conspiracies the people thanking your posts and backing you up hold theories you would consider invalid.

The issue is that you're not willing to state that though. You ignored the question because you don't want to give your honest opinion of Markus' theory. You don't want to do so because questioning other conspiracy theories is not permitted.

If this isn't the case could you answer the question now?

Is the theory that all space flight fake a valid conspiracy theory?

• Advertisement

Also Alan before you dodge again any chance you'll be addressing your false claim that 1000 American POWs died in the Nagasaki bombing?

We've shown that this claim is false.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Or otherwise could you explain why you made a claim that was obviously false?

Post edited by King Mob on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

So much yet so little.

This is the primary reason that people tune out conspiracy theorists.

Just an endless, vague, shifting, ramble.

And instructions to read entire books for their pleasure.

And then "I don't have time to answer 3 questions!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You provide a bunch of examples where people have conspired to do something bad, or lie to their population in some way. Yet these are all things that we know about, they were not kept secret, didn't take a massive amount of investigation to uncover the lies and there were minimal people involved in the telling of the lie.

Yet you are subscribing to massive alleged lies that have remained unexposed for decades, no person involved has ever come forward to substantiate any of the claims, there is never any logical reason behind the claims or why whoever you are claiming to be lying would want or need to do the thing you are claiming, and the claims would generally involve hundreds if not thousands of people to be in on the secret.

But still zero leaks, whilst the examples that you gave would have involved at most a handful of people, and they get leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I didn't lump sceptics in with conspiracy theorists. The rest of this is just another political rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

half the time I would be happy just to know what the claims actually are. some people are very shy about what they actually believe.

Massive alleged lies that can be figured out by amateurs with no training in any relevant field and often with a shocking ignorance of basic things like science, history and math.

And those amateurs expose this lie using information found solely on the internet with a minimum of research.

And often these clues found by the amateurs are left by the conspirators for literally no reason.

According to Snowden 9/11 wasn't an inside job. Note how when faced with that fact you resort to inventing rationalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

In relation to shanksville- the live coverage that day shows smoke coming out of a big hole in the ground with people gathered around it. Yes you don’t see the plane but that doesn’t mean a plane didn’t exist.

the people inspecting the crash site would have to be part of the conspiracy and if so why didn’t they throw pieces of plane around the site to make it look like a plane crashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

When you look at the pictures it's clear to see the plane hit the ground nose first, this would have caused it to disintegrate. But conspiracy theorists sidon like that explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

The new boards format has only served to exacerbate the trolling issue in the conspiracy forum. On the last site - 5 or 6 heavily paragraphed posts would be enough to move the thread to the next page, thus burying any conspiracy related post and reducing its chances of being seen by lurkers.

Now that the thread pages are so long in the new site they have to up the collaborative effort and collectively increase the incessant spamming to ensure the posts are sufficiently buried.

Really clever the tactics they use to render the forum unusable. The mystery to me is how they have the time/energy/motivation to do this.

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

Yeah it hit soft ground at high speed, almost vertical. Ultimately around 95% of the plane was recovered. Conspiracy theorists found some photos of the site that didn't show much wreckage, so of course created a vapid narrative that "no plane wreckage was discovered"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Is this your new conspiracy?

Do you realise they the old boards had an option to display more posts on each page. That’s why someone saying look at post X on page 40 meant little to others where post X would be on page 5.

So anyway. Please continue to explain this conspiracy.

Lol. Again, you dodge points and run away from things you can't deal with directly and honestly.

And now you're continuing with these really odd rants about "tactics".

So tell us, since you've obviously figured it out and you aren't interested in discussing conspiracy theories any more, why are we doing this? How are we coordinating these "tactics"?

Or are you playing to pretend to satisfy the idea that you're a martyr and a rebel?

Are you trying to hint that all the people who disagree you are actually part of a conspiracy to silence you because your theory that all space flight is faked is too close to the truth?

Sorry man, but disagreeing with some one is not trolling. Asking questions is not trolling. Pointing out when you guys lie and get facts wrong is not trolling.

It's what happens in adult conversations when people claim false things.

If you want to discuss conspiracy theories where questioning them, there's plenty of forms out there that cater to conspiracy theorists who need to be coddled and protected from dangerous and upsetting questions ideas and facts.

Also, what do you think of the fact that no other conspiracy theorists actually seem to want to talk to you or engage with your conspiracy theory? What do you think about the fact that they react so offended that we might be comparing their conspiracy theories to yours?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wut?!?

Boards is now in on the plot to keep the truth about the fake space programs a secret by increasing the number of posts that appear on each page?

As for the forum being unusable, yoy seem to be coping pretty well with posting, bringing in new even crazier conspiracies, and continuing to ignore any questions that are asked of you whilst complaining about being asked questions. Other than that lack of answers or any evidence to support your claims, the forum seems to be functioning correctly as you are able to post and people get to see what you are posting and respond to it. That's basically what a forum is meant to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Always remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

lol. if they want to render the CT forum unusable couldn't they just ... delete it.

Real world consequences.

Basically one of Ben Gilroys supporters/anti vax/consiracy nutters was really sick in hospital with Covid, was taken out of hospital by some other nutters because the hospital "were trying to kill him", so had no oxygen, was really struggling at home with no oxygen so they re admitted him but he died.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1438674073127637001

https://twitter.com/JoeCraig79/status/1439026286396067842

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The guy behind that is a serious looper and a big supporter of a far right Italian group.

Hopefully this kind of thing doesn't become commonplace here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Meanwhile in America

"Just a day after testing positive for COVID-19, a Florida Republican official who battled against mask mandates, attacked the vaccine, and railed at CDC officials has died in Tampa.

Gregg Prentice, who was 61, led the Hillsborough County Election Integrity Committee—and his sudden death has sent the local GOP scrambling as it no longer has access to essential campaign finance software without his help."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

So he was the only one with the password. More evidence that anti-vaxxers aren't that bright...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Another attempt to change the charter is under way via the feedback forum.

Off the charts paranoia. Seek help, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sadly it seems that man is very likely to pass away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Advertisement