Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We landed on Mars... again? [Mod note post #1]

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

You wrote that you found it in a google image search

I just watched that video. Did you edit that photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So you created your own picture as a screen grab from another video which includes some simulated images to give a close up impression of what the moon would look like, but everyone except you understands the difference between a genuine picture and a simulation. You are then using your modified image which you created yourself as proof of there being fake images, but you created the fake.

Next you'll be telling us that Matt Damon didn't spend a year and a half alone on the surface of Mars and that Yoda is really a puppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So Markus since your not hiding from your own theory any more, why do you believe they faked a photo of a Martian moon?

Also I think this is the first time that we've caught a theorist here trying to fake their own evidence.

Markus must be a bit desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!

You had to use photo forensics software to prove that my picture was a fake!!!!!!

I made the picture from scratch using, not photoshop, not microsoft paint but Microsoft Word!!! LOOOOOOOLLL!

And guess what? It took less that 5 minutes to fake a picture that you needed forensics software to prove fake! (And even then you still weren't sure!)

Maybe Deimos is really the twinkle in Markus Antonius' eye (like what he must have had before he had his way with Cleopatra)

• Advertisement

Sorry what point were you trying to make?

You faked an image to prove Nasa is faking images? You lied and claimed that your fake image was actually a Nasa image to prove that Nasa fakes images?

Also previously on the thread you were claiming that these kinds of images were impossible to fake.

You've reached very profound levels of dishonesty now.

Why, man?

Right, so when you wrote the below:

"I did a quick google image search of that image. How come there are so many definitions and resolutions of the same image? Like this one:

How can you tell which one is genuine?"

That's all a fabrication, why would you lie? what does it accomplish?

So here's what I think happened.

Marky being the 4d chess master he is decided to show us up. He made a fake image and posted it expecting that we'd offer an explanation for it. At which point he'd spring his clever trap and go: "aha you fool you've fallen for the classic blunder! That image isn't even real! Your explanation is false therefore all your explanations are false!"

But snag! You guys did the reasonable fair and patient thing (far fairer and more patient that markus has earned imho) and asked what the source of the image was.

Thinking quickly Marky lied and claimed he found it on Google. But then when you guys couldn't find it with image search he lied again and claimed it was a screen grab.

Then finally dohnjoe dug a little deeper and found out why no one else could find the image.

Hoping to salvage his clever ploy Marky announced that it was a trap all along (though no one actually got traped) made a big to do about how dumb we all are and dropped his line about twinkling eyes and Cleopatra that he was probably waiting to us since the start.

We could ask him if this is accurate, but he'll never admit as much.

Embarrassing show all together.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Creates a fake picture to prove there are fake pictures.

Lies about finding it on Google.

Lies about taking a screen grab from a video.

Claims some kind of victory because the picture he faked, and said was a fake in the initial post, turns out to be a fake.

No idea what point they were trying to make there?

I also notice that he's changed his avatar to the fake image he made for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Probably thinks he has got one over on everyone, still childishly giggling to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,026 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well, now that we've put the whole "space programme is a fake" rubbish to bed, maybe he'll answer our questions about how and why Newton is supposed to be responsible for the deaths of "thousands" of seafarers....? I won't hold my breath.

Life ain't always empty.

We're not going to get answers about anything. Not about his beliefs about the space program. Not about his views on Newton. Not his belief on the shape of the Earth. Not about his latest dishonesty and embarrassment.

We're either going to get a stroppy dramatic exit from the thread or forum, complete with rant about how mean and dumb everyone is. Or he'll lay low for a while before linkdumping on the thread and doing his best the rest of the thread didn't happen.

We can be reasonably certain though that he is genuine and not just a troll though. Trolls tend to lean into their character and don't have an issue with responding to posts. They don't get huffy and start ignoring opportunities to express ridiculous opinions to stir people up.

The benefit is that he's provided a great example to counter all the whinging in other threads. The prefect illustration of how inherently ridiculous and dishonest conspiracy theories and their proponents are.

Advertisement