Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of seed balls increase 20%, any good alternatives?

Options
  • 15-09-2021 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

It seems seed Balls are now 29 euro for 12, which when you add delivery costs doesn’t make them that much cheaper than other premium balls now. Think I will just buy whatever is on offer in the pro shop as and when I need them instead of messing about with ordering online and arranging delivery, unless there are any other good alternatives to seed around the 25 euro mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Welcome to Boards.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

there is a world wide shortage of ionomer - I would anticipate that prize of golf balls is going to zip right up especially for the DTC companies. Would imagine it will send a good few to the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

EDIT: Scratched the previous post about subscription being cheaper, I just tried from a different device and browser without being logged in. The price is gone up now on my side also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭big_drive

I think they may actually be €35 a dozen now if not buying in bulk

Not great really as you'd probably pick up a previous years Premium model from the likes of Bridgestone, Srixon on sale for about €40

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thefloor

If you already have a subscription do you still pay 25 euro per dozen? When I log in thats the price my sub is showing up as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

Yeah when I logged in it looks like it's still €25 but I'd suspect it's going to update next time I order. My last order was for 3x dozen a few weeks ago so it should see me through the year.

I wonder has there been any public comment on it. I haven't seen anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thefloor

You would think any company that hikes their prices 20% overnight (and more than 20% for people who buy outright) would put a message on their website outlining the reason for the increase. And if it is due to a shortage of ionomer then maybe an assurance that if prices of that lower in the future then they will reduce the cost of the balls again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya, especially with it not actually being a ‘new’ range of balls I’d have thought an explanation would’ve been needed too.

They could’ve snuck around the increase by branding them as a new ball but didn’t and it doesn’t look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

Once you buy through the subscription they seem to be 29. You only pay one delivery amount with them, so you could order 3 dozen and pay 31e per dozen. That's still much better value than the big brands for an equally good product. And I like the fact that I'm supporting an Irish company.

It's slightly less good value. I think delivery used to be free over 50e, so you're probably paying an extra 45c a ball or something. But it's still excellent value (relative to the prov1, penta, etc).

Advertisement