Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Price of seed balls increase 20%, any good alternatives?

• 15-09-2021 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23 thefloor

It seems seed Balls are now 29 euro for 12, which when you add delivery costs doesn’t make them that much cheaper than other premium balls now. Think I will just buy whatever is on offer in the pro shop as and when I need them instead of messing about with ordering online and arranging delivery, unless there are any other good alternatives to seed around the 25 euro mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice

Welcome to Boards.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭ willabur

there is a world wide shortage of ionomer - I would anticipate that prize of golf balls is going to zip right up especially for the DTC companies. Would imagine it will send a good few to the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭ coillcam

EDIT: Scratched the previous post about subscription being cheaper, I just tried from a different device and browser without being logged in. The price is gone up now on my side also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭ big_drive

I think they may actually be €35 a dozen now if not buying in bulk

Not great really as you'd probably pick up a previous years Premium model from the likes of Bridgestone, Srixon on sale for about €40

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thefloor

If you already have a subscription do you still pay 25 euro per dozen? When I log in thats the price my sub is showing up as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭ coillcam

Yeah when I logged in it looks like it's still €25 but I'd suspect it's going to update next time I order. My last order was for 3x dozen a few weeks ago so it should see me through the year.

I wonder has there been any public comment on it. I haven't seen anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thefloor

You would think any company that hikes their prices 20% overnight (and more than 20% for people who buy outright) would put a message on their website outlining the reason for the increase. And if it is due to a shortage of ionomer then maybe an assurance that if prices of that lower in the future then they will reduce the cost of the balls again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92

Ya, especially with it not actually being a ‘new’ range of balls I’d have thought an explanation would’ve been needed too.

They could’ve snuck around the increase by branding them as a new ball but didn’t and it doesn’t look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭ blue note

Once you buy through the subscription they seem to be 29. You only pay one delivery amount with them, so you could order 3 dozen and pay 31e per dozen. That's still much better value than the big brands for an equally good product. And I like the fact that I'm supporting an Irish company.

It's slightly less good value. I think delivery used to be free over 50e, so you're probably paying an extra 45c a ball or something. But it's still excellent value (relative to the prov1, penta, etc).

Advertisement