Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you want as the next Late Late Show host?

Options
2»

Comments

John Creedon

Clearly you'e never dealt with her in real life. Miriam "Don't you know who I am?" O'Callaghan. I wouldn't give her the steam off my pi$$.

Gaybo hosted it for 30+ years, could we not get a cutting edge graphics company in and some sort of Artificial Intelligence company, to make a hologram of Gay, and have the hologram ask the questions and let the guest answer them? There should be enough examples of the following phrases on tape to recreate them:

Roll it there Roisin

Tell me about your Mother

Is this your first time in Ireland?

They might even be able to splice together individual words together to form new questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

John Creedon

He would have to give up interviewing all the Hollywood A list as theres no way that set are coming to Ireland on their media tours because their promoters know they already tap the Irish audience via the BBC.

Plus RTE couldnt come anywhere near to matching his current wage which was reported as 3.75 million for 2019 which is about 4.4 million in euros. He aint taking a pay cut down to 500,000 to interview the guests on the Late Late

John Creedon

Plus he lives in the UK. He's hardly going to fly over every Friday night just to host the LLS.

D 4bes: Graham, do you want to be the new host of the LLS, we'll offer you a million a year.

Graham: So, you want me to take a 3million paycut, for a show with a smaller audience, with guests you found in the RTE canteen, versus my current Hollywood A-Listers, with a longer commute? Let me think about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

John Creedon

Give Ryan something harmless in the televisual spectrum to assuage his ego, which is so dissociated with the real world, tame down his wages a bit. He's had his big feed from the trough. Send in John Creedon who would bring something back of the Late Late of old times. The man is likeable because he's sincere and he puts the yards in.

John Creedon

I'm definitely feminist but hate token feminism.

• Advertisement

John Creedon

Er... eh... have you encountered her in real life as a minion? Cos she treats non-vip non-guest folk like minions.

No more stale pale males.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That's why I said at some point I think he'd falter during the melodramatic segments and I'd say he would crossbow the audience if he had to do a multiple hour show every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Tommy Tiernan

Tommy Tiernan for me. He proved he can do the big interview on his show. Miriam O'Callaghan is a desperate interviewer but anyone's better than RT. Tubs revels in misery and cant interview politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gay byrne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

John Creedon

Graham from the BBC? will never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

So you all have no doubt the show will continue?

I shouldn’t have a say in this, because last week was the first time in months I saw any of it.

there was a lady in vibrant pink impersonating a 1950’s standard lamp. She had a strange accent, I didn’t have a clue what she was saying. I thought she wasn’t worth the effort of attuning my ear to her accent so I moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

How about no one, they scrap the late late and come up with a new idea that isnt misery & the rte canteen for a friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

John Creedon

I voted for John creedon but in reality he’s not got a hope because well he’s a man has the second reason is he’s actually talented and would be good at it. I’ve no issue with the next presenter being a women if they are the best for the job and it’s amazing how given how many people work in rte, there level of on air talent both male and female is poor.

I will say I got a laugh out of ray darcy being on there because unlike the third secret of Fatima it’s a mystery how he gets paid so much for being generous, he’s poor at his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

John Creedon

Well Sillius, it looks like only I got the reference. (assuming it is D & D).

Anyway, I voted John Creedon. Like Derek Davis, he has a presence, and seems to be able to talk to anyone. I don't want political interrogations, I want interesting guests that can be drawn out of themselves and encouraged to tell us about themselves. Throw in a few jesters and the (very) occasional serious chat, without trying to make the guest cry for the camera. So, definitely John Creedon, and if poor old Derek was still here, I'd be torn.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Dara 'oBriain

He would never host the Late Late shite show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Tommy Tiernan

I only watch the toy show or the occasion guest slot but I would tune in more frequently if Tommy Tiernan or John Creedon were in the seat. Claire Byrne is too cold to me. She'd come across as noticeably fake imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kilkennyguy5

Doireann Garrihy surely?....The funniest presenter in the country after all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Not sure creedon would be as good as ppl seem to think...

someone I think would be decent enough at it (but prob will never get it as not in the montrose mafia) is Matt Cooper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

If that's all we have to vote for I would just let it pass into history!

None of those people are anyway suitable for the role or position!

Advertisement