Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Brea - US Pace - NBC - (**Spoilers**)

• 26-07-2021 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭

Next in the line of mystery series that will probably get cancelled before we the the answers.

In La Brea, a massive sinkhole mysteriously opens up in Los Angeles, tearing a family apart by separating mother and son from father and daughter. Part of the family finds itself in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a disparate group of strangers. They must work to survive and uncover the mystery of where they are and if there is a way back home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so, journey to the center of the earth, (will they find Kong? too) was it nbc who did the family travel to dinosaur time show, and then UTV had dinosaur show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Or the tar pits are a portal to the Pleistocene?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This first 5 minutes.

Starts September 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I can't be the only one who saw the title and thought it was in Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lá breá brothallach a bhí ann.

I can still remember that thirty years later... the opening sentence of my Inter Cert Irish essay that our teacher made us memorise in full.

The show looks ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a great setup and the effects are very good. Pretty original too. One to watch out for.

A decent opening episode however I'm not sure I want to give time to another show that will more than likely be cancelled without a proper ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caryl24

I agree Agent Coulson. Found the show interesting but I'm worried I will get sucked into it for it to be dropped. I will watch tho...I'm a glutton for punishment lol

It really is Lost 2.0, isn't it? Very similar setup and structure.

Liked the opener though.... I'll keep watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't watched yet but with other shows like The Event, Terra Nova, Flash Forward, Manifest, Debris and I'm sure I forgot 1 or 2 surely we're at at least Lost 6.0. 🤔 and of those only Manifest made it past 1 season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, this truly does have "cancelled after X episodes" written all over it. The premise does look interesting to be fair, but these Weird Mystery Shows, clearly made to emulate Lost, always flop hard. They're premises better suited to SyFy, or similar smaller channel - not the large networks trying to make big swings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Watched the first 3 episodes, liked it so far, it has potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I normally have a three episode policy. Watch three before I make my mind up.

Got halfway through the first episode and turned it off before deleting it from my download schedule.

Will probably be cancelled before Xmas.

I have to say I have been enjoying this however with every new twist they add I just go to myself it will be cancelled before we get answers.

M

It's like Lost, meets Back To The Future, meets Fraggle Rock.

Well after this weeks episode I'm guessing there is at least 2 people for the other place in modern time and that why the visions link back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

La Brea Renewed for Season 2 at NBC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Holy shít. I honestly never thought this smelt like anything that'd be renewed. Guess the numbers have been good.

• Advertisement

That was a cracking twist, in fairness.

Another good episode this week.

Finale next week.

Fun finale, and lots more questions. 🙂

This show really grew on me over the season. I think having only 10 episodes has really helped it.

I enjoyed that season I must say, I just can't help that I'm getting invested in something that won't any really answers.

Saying that I will be back for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

It wasn't on my radar for a week to week watch so I binged through the entire 10 episodes this past weekend.

I actually really enjoyed it. The only character that annoyed me was Dr Rebecca Aldridge, what was with all the spoon feeding of information. You know something, just tell them!!!

M

Season 2 will start on September 27 on NBC.

Season 1 is being shown on Monday 10pm on Channel 5 for anyone who missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 finale was this week. They really are making it up as they go along. 😂😂

No doubt in Season 3, we're going to see anything from vikings to WW2 soldiers to cavemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭horse7

Like a TV cop show , where the music doesn't blow your ears off and you can hear what they are saying, usually the best one's are UK produced but here's a good one,. Murder in the first, you can catch it on channel 5 catch up(my5).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I expect all the Primeval gang will show up as well, I see that Hannah Spearritt is short of cash. 😜

Advertisement