Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 14: Monza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lewis had a great start in fairness, the bump with Max has cost him - which he has complained about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭McFly85

Love seeing Danny Ric leading a GP.

Lewis complaining contact didn’t benefit him.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

If they punish Max for that there is something seriously wrong, what Hamilton did to Verstappen previously which he got barely anything for was far worse. This was just a racing incident with a slight bump of wheels.

Not sure why the Hamilton fanboys are moaning on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Excellent start from Bottas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Nothing in that contact, Verstappen was ahead of Hamilton and stayed on the racing line. Racing incident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

That sucks for Giovinazzi

Well the Hamilton onboard footage of the "incident" shows nothing in it.

Lando was all over Max at the start who defended and moved against him - which in turn cost Lando his place to Hamilton who had unreal grip on his tyres.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Croft is a terrible commentator, especially on starts, he reguarly says someone has had a good start that anyone who is not blind, can see hasn't.

So much resting on which car can pass a McClaren first - if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Disaster for Alpha Tauri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Danny Ric has had two warnings for turn 11 so he needs to not do it again.

It will be interesting to see if Perez can pass the Ferrari's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Further down, twice in two races that Stroll pulled questionable moves on his teammate, costing Vettel quite a bit (4 places here, possibly some points in Zandvoort when he was much faster). Wonder what's going on there.

The Verstappen/Hamilton thing...once again, it's one of these "racing incident, but..." gray area things like the Norris/Perez thing in Austria. If the defending driver is allowed to "take the normal racing line", overtaking becomes absolutely impossible.

Lewis getting a radio message there about tyres - he needs to preserve his as they are seeing higher deg on some of the mediums, he will have the soft at the end if he can go long. Might be the only way he is going to pass Norris is when Norris pits.

However just as I say that he is as close as he has been to passing. Guess that shows how hard it is.

The super slow mo makes Lando's and Lewis's tyres look pretty much just the same in terms of wear.

LeClerc closing on Hamilton, and Perez closing on LeClerc.

As long as a track limits penalty doesn't have a big impact on the race I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hamilton is burning through his being so close behind Norris the whole lap.

Don't think his tyres will last as long as Merc want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I can see one of the medium tyres giving up spectacularly causing a safety car.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Vettell losing out big time there, his tyres will have taken a big hit there. Definetly was not left enough room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

It would be great to see Riccardo win

Some of the slow-mo's make them look pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Bottas is the driver of the weekend for me so far. Pole, sprint win and now carving through the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Wrecking my head today.. I’ve lost track at how many mistakes he’s made so far mixing up drivers and saying Max doesn’t have DRS when the wing is wide open on the straight! I think the stress of Lewis being 4th must be getting to him!

Lots going on in this race though, can’t wait to see how the strategies pan out!

Love how calm Danny Ric sounded on the radio there.

My Mrs isn't allowed to talk to me when I'm playing the game, never mind flying around in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭klose

Does max not have a race engineer or? Just always seems to be horner giving him instructions which I find a bit odd?

Pit stops are imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭klose

They said yesterday Aston Martin never invested in a package for monza so I guess they're puntinf this one a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The engineer just happens to sound like Horner.

• Advertisement

So Max needs to cane it here on shot tyres.

Advertisement