Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 Round 14: Monza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Damon Hill can't help it, he gets flashbacks to Adelaide 94 and sees Schumacher's smiling face in his nightmares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What Damon Hill said is really out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Horner should punch hill and walk off

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think Christian Horner is being very balanced in saying it is a racing incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Loved Horner there. Took the questions and comment before with no emotion showing. Answered calmly ready to move on but equally ready to answer again in a calm manner. I say drove Hill up the wall. Good job he had the mask on

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Damon Hill seems very bitter and like he has a chip on his shoulder.

Not a surprise through from a driver who showed no appetite for racing in his last stint at Jordan.

Schumacher still is inside Hill's head all these years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Herbert still at it too… unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭McFly85

“ I don’t like to do the blame game, but it’s 100% Max’s fault.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I fcucking hate Sky's coverage. Shut up Johnny Herbert.

Herbert is a d1ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭quokula

Disgusting comments on Sky trying to change the narrative and completely distort the view of that incident despite Paul di Resta’s analysis showing really clearly that Max was entirely correct to go for the gap and had the space before Lewis turned in on him to cause the accident.

Horner being extremely diplomatic, hardly surprising when the media turned the narrative against them every time they have made reasonable statements about dirty driving and tactics from Mercedes previously in the season.

Its such a shame to see this dominate the coverage on a day when there was so much to celebrate for McLaren and other teams.

Mind you, hypothetically if Max does get penalised and gets a penalty, can they serve the penalty at the same race they take the engine change penalty?

edit: I think it will be judged racing incident anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Is there any where else to watch F1? F1 channel is Sky's coverage as well and I'm **** fed up listening to this bias stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Just thought I'd quote this post if anyone missed it. :)

• Advertisement

First 1-2 for 12 years and this crap is talked about. Johnny going I don't want but then goes on a rant of how its Max and should be a penalty and then goes crying but I don't want to do that. If it was other way around this analysis would not be happening

Edit Decided to just tweet F1 Sky. it. Wonder will it be read or read out when they do some tweets. Doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Herbert showing why he never won anything of much note.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Literally had to turn the sky coverage off there, couldn't listen to Hill throwing round those accusations. That's really shocking and I really hope he gets called out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭tigerboon

The amazing thing is that the initial reaction from Brundle based on what actually happened and not Damon Hill’s fantasy, was whether or not Hamilton would be penalised because he was blatantly the one in the wrong by not leaving space. They’ve managed to completely turn that into a question of Verstappen being penalised post race by ignoring reality and the analysis and making up their own facts.

The thing is that we’ve seen time and again that the stewards are inconsistent and get swayed by pressure so who knows what conclusion they’ll come to.

• Advertisement

I'm only referring to his comment about backing out of a position that he had a right to be in (that was my take on it anyway) - not about any correlation between his opinion weight and his trophy haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭McFly85

I’ll be shocked if it’s anything other than a racing incident. You could argue neither had any massive obligation to move.

Back to Horner, Did I understand it right in that he seems to think the front right was ready to go, but the others didn't think it was ready to go. The wheel mechanic seemed to do his job, but then seemed to be looking at his gun and holding it a bit strangely before being ushered by someone to do it again.

My initial impression on the replay was front-right never actually sealed the wheel on but thought he had?

Still to be confirmed though and Christian didn’t specify, just said “car wasn’t released” or something.

Love to see SKY reaction when the stewards make there decision. but I rather watch paint dry

I suspect it’s due to the new rules, there’s a required delay now after fitting each tyre that came into force since Zandvoort to slow them down - they’ll have had to change their processes to introduce an artificial delay and I expect whatever change they’ve made has caused a problem as they’re normally a well oiled machine but it will have been hard to change years worth of muscle memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What's the story with the displays in the RB pit?

A mechanic holding a panel with two lights, one on the left and one on the right with the left illuminated. Then there is a panel over head with the same configuration but the light on the right is illuminated.

Herbert blaming max for Silverstone now

Had to go back to it just to see. Has Herbet been given a slap on the hand, He has seemed to back down a tiny bit and Paul is giving as much as he gets and Herbet is fuming

• Advertisement

Fair play to Di Resta

Johnny having a right cry here and going down the Hill opinion route.

Sorry, I never heard him say it as much without saying it.

He doesn't even want to listen to Massa now.

Herbert seems to forget max was ahead into copse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I wish they brought Brundle up for a chat with Johnny. He got it completely right in commentary.

I have a feeling that SKY big wigs might have had a word with Hill and Herbert to calm the words. Hill has not come back and Herbert is walking a dangerous line

Herbert is an absolute disgrace here. I’d say he will be sidelined by Sky after this. (Hope anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Harika

Herbert, Massa, diResta is hilarious

Hill going full conspiracy nut

• Advertisement

Lewis is the one guy avoiding incidents. Except when he punted max into the wall at 150 MPH

Also he could have pulled out of that one Today just as much as Max could have - there is a pair of them in it. As Paul said, the gloves are off, the scene is set and it won't be the last time this season.

Herbert basically thinks Max should pull over and let Lewis through like Bottas does

Double post in error

That's what Herbert and Bottas have in common.

They're both submissive, subservant certified losers with no backbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

apparently images can't be posted on their own so here's text filler to satisfy the Vanilla post requirements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Christian said the same, Hill went at him with Max had room to bail out and he said if you want to make that argument then you have to argue that Lewis had room to bail too! I think Horner was spot on with what he said and to be fair Toto was more reasonable than expected also…. Although he did throw in the “tactical foul” comment that Hill latched onto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hill and Herbert came across as clowns with those comments.

Johnny Herbert will be on here later and with your username he will be sure you are Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

I need to see the replay again of the Roggia incident, but it appeared to me it was a test of who would outbrake who going into this corner. With Max on the inside, he was always going to miss the apex a bit with the speed he was carrying and push wide. The first corner incident was a different proposition, it was a slower entry for both and there was room for two cars as demonstrated by some others running side by side here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

In other news, McLaren had a 1-2 finish!!!!! Great drive for Ricciardo, all is forgiven after his very slow start since joining the team.

He won this race on speed and merit. Red Bull and Mercedes made mistakes in the pits as they were under pressure to try and beat him in there as they didn't have the pace out on track. I laughed when Ricciardo set the fastest lap at the end. Good to see they had even more pace if they needed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement