Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Made a couple of changes to the above.

Guaita

Tanganga...Matip...Reguilon

Salah...Torres...Benrahma...Gray

Antonio...Lukaku...Ronaldo

SUBS: Gunnarsson, Allan, Amartey, Livramento

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I don't mean to wreck your head but you've maxed out on Brighton.

I've no problem with Duffy first sub but long term has Wilder changed his mind on him?

Check out post 623 by Muahahaha in the general chat thread. Their fixtures sort of look ok up to GW28 so one of their attackers could become an option.

Lose Steer especially if you got Duffy for 4M or perhaps Watford GK pairing for 8.5.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Im set on Salah & Lukaku. So final decision is Trent or Ronaldo.

Ronaldo, Traore & Christensen

or

DCL, Greenwood & TAA

Team is:

Sa

Alonso White ?? (Duffy , Tino)

Salah Sarr Jota ?? (McArthur)

Lukaku Antonio ??

Fill in the blanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

The second option seems better to me although Jota and Greenwood may be transfers waiting to happen. But there is 15 mill between them so you can down to some decent options like Raphina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Roll on the deadline to stop my changes. Keep flipping between a TAA team or dropping him for Lukaku.

Sanchez Steele

Matip Christensen Semedo Dier Duffy

Salah Torres Sarr Dallas Gilmour

Ronaldo Lukaku DCL

0 ITB

Considering two drafts:

3 - 4 - 3 (One premium forward) (0.6 in the bank)

Sanchez (Foster)

TAA, Coady, Rudiger, White, (Liveramento)

Salah, Trincao, JOTA, Raphina (Sissoko)

Ronaldo, Antonio, DCL

4 - 3 - 3 (Two premium forwards) (0.4 in the bank)

Sanchez (Foster)

TAA, Coady, Rudiger, (White) (Liveramento)

Salah, Trincao, Raphina (GILMOUR) (Sissoko)

Ronaldo, Antonio, LUKAKU

Post edited by joeyboy11 on

Yeah second option seems better but there are probably a few questions mark with players Jota, Greenwood, Alonso.

Im down to my final few players anyway & still contemplating. Like looking at Christensen & Tierney now over Alonso & White due to Alonso’s rotation risk. However going the Ronaldo route I get Christensen & I’d be happy to get 1 Chelsea defender on the field then at least.

Til end of Xmas I’m taken B, for first 3 weeks I’m taken A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Have taken my eye off the ball with team value, and am struggling a bit as a result. Current draft looks like :

Raya Steele

TAA Shaw Coady Christensen Livramento

Salah Jota Raphinia Gray Gilmour

Ronaldo Antonio Jimenez

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

No love for Harry Kane in any of these wildcard teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Seeing people sticking with DCL.

Is he definitely going to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If I push button on the WC he will be a placeholder initially and probably will keep money in bank to bring him back, still undecided between Auba/Lukaku/Kane for this GW. Auba with some luck could get a monster against Norwich - he already has one hat trick this season, so knows where the net is - just needs the service, read that Norwich lads arrived late back from internationals as well to make matters worse for them.

kane hasn’t really shown much in the league but it’s Kane, and then Lukaku playing against a depleted Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I weighed it up between him and Ronaldo. Think CR is a better pick given the likely goals he's likely to be involved in compared with Spurs. Read a lot about how Wolves were generally a "win by 1" team last few years under Nuno. Not a lot in it really, Kane will definitely be more of a differential now with Lukaku and CR in the game

I was thinking of doing the 3-4-3 and then the 4-3-3 in two transfers when Firmino looks like he'll start taking minutes off Jota. That might be the final decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Currently wildcarded on:

De Gea Steele

Christensen White Coady Livramento Ayling

Salah Gray Torres Benrahma Sissoko

Kane Antonio Ronaldo

PEA for Kane looks very tempting now though for this week....

If you were looking at nothing else accept fixtures this weekend, you would probably be looking at Ronaldo, Lukaku and Auba.

But Antonio's form is so good that be madness selling him.

Arsenals form in the league has been dire, though they have been hit bad with covid

Ronaldo will probably start the GW with top 10 ownership status - and who knows what his captaincy will be like

Stear playing in goals for Villa really could mean anything especially being away from home, Lukaku hasn't played a home fixture yet so will want to show Chelsea fans what he's about etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm tempted on a 1 week punt on Aubameyang and then switching to DCL next week as I'm not convinced DCL is fully fit for this week. Aubameyang did get a hattrick in the league cup so he still has the quality with the right service.

• Advertisement

I may regret playing this WC now, but i feel that for almost all of my players i'm getting an upgrade, other than losing Bruno, will also be dropping Pogba - which not sure about - as he did say he aim for the season was to end up with most assists - and who better to have put Ronaldo to score for you. Never would have sold Son but news didn't sound good at the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Will alternate between the two most likely fixtures dependant, 4-3-3 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Read some of Tuchel's comments on Alonso V Chilwell which put me right off him, sounds like a lot more rotation incoming, so have switched him for Shaw.

Also switched Dier to White to allow me upgrade Mendy to Sissoko. Figured with Torres and Greenwood I'll need a playing bench. Yes, I know I'm firmly anti-Arsenal but I'll give them a chance

Sa 

TAA, Shaw, White (Duffy, Livramento)

Salah, Torres, Greenwood, Gray (Sissoko)

Ronaldo DCL Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Sanchez (Begovic)

TAA Semedo White (B. Williams, Duffy)

Salah Torres Benrahma Raphina (Bissouma)

Antonio Ronaldo DCL

Finally came to my WC conclusion. Ronaldo was a must have so had to pull the trigger this week. Thoughts on Semedo? Am I mad to include White given Arsenals form? Any alternatives to Bissouma? I’m happy enough with everyone else.

Semedo is a tough one, he's 27 and hasn't been too prolific in his attacking output from what I can see on wiki and a site called transfermarkt. I'm far from a stats guru though so maybe someone else can give more insight on his attacking potential. Going with Coady saves 0.4 mill which would allow me to get B, Williams to White. It's a tough one as I think White is well worth picking up at 4.4 mill despite Arsenals start.

I think viable alternatives to Bissouma are Sissoko and Gilmour especially if they save you 0.1. Hold onto Bissouma if you got him at 4.5, you could make 0.1 if he rises again.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Andrew Omobamidele dropped to 3.9 overnight so that extra 0.1 could help out on a wildcard team.

Done dusted!

Sa

TAA Tierney Christensen

Salah Jota Greenwood Sarrr

Lukaku DCL Antonio

Subs: Steer McArthur Tino Livramento

Tierney & Greenwood/Jota can become James & Raphina/Traore in a few weeks depending.

Good luck all

Oh ****!!!!

Ive ended up with Pickford as my GK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yeah I’ve only got 0.1m left in the bank with my current draft. Realistically Brandon Williams is never going to play for me so I might swap him for Omo for the extra mil itb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Norwich are at home to Watford next week. You might want to start Brandon Williams for that. At a minimum, he might come off your bench at some point. I’m not sure it’s worth the 0.1 saving unless you really need it.

Advertisement