Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm between (A) Calvert Lewin and Torres or Jota (3-4-3)

Or (B) Lukaku and a 4.5 mid (4-3-3)

I'll wait for the press conferences

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

So you’d have two 4.5 mids on the bench for option B?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah before I bought him for GW3 I reasoned that in that Everton team he should match last seasons tally of 16 and then hopefully another 5 maybe 6 on penalties. In the 3 games so far he has had 3.91 shots per 90 minutes (Salah is 4.33 to compare) so he has been involved a lot and his next few fixtures are decent enough. If it turns out to be a hot streak like last season I dont mind selling him later. I missed his early hot streak last year and it cost me a lot in points in a ML.

Latest Draft with 0.6 in the bank.

Sanchez (Steer)

TAA, Rudiger, Semedo (Williams, Liveramento)

Salah, Raphina, Torres, Benrahma (Sissoko)

Ronaldo(C), Antonio, DCL

Could do

• Leave as is and keep some money in the bank
    • Torres to Jota if Firmino is out for a while.
    • Sanchez to Sa and have double Wolves for 3 gws, then for GW 7 get in Lukaku and James for Ronaldo and Semedo.
    • Upgrade Williams to White/Ayling to have a stronger bench.

I wouldn't mind changing Benrahma but I might just hang onto him until the good mid priced midfield picks are more clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I have DeGea over Sanchez as I think Maguire/Varane will be a decent partnership you could go that route.

I like your Semedo/Ronaldo plan though, this is actually a great idea!

Tonight, ive taken out Torres for Jota due to Firmino injuries & 3 of City’s next 4 are away to Leicester, Chelsea & Liverpool.

Although I love(d) having Benny from the start I’m looking at Traore & Sarr for that spot as 2 WHU attackers has become the flavour and they won’t score 4 goals every week. They seem to also have more options ( Fornals) now also to get their goals.

*Sa for Wolves is the way to go for your strategy :)

• Advertisement

yes, the price of having three premium players

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

But then you also have to factor in that TAA is potential captain material, the 4.5, Azpilcueta or Dias almost never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But given the fixtures until January - how often would you realistically captain TAA? Ronaldo/Lukaku/Salah will most likely be the top captain players in most GW's depending on which has the better fixtures.

I know I’ve played around with that too. I’m thinking of having a route to that structure in 2 transfers if both Lukaku and Ronaldo are hauling simultaneously

Cheers, im thinking double wolves and then double Chelsea defence might be a nice little differential. I totally forgot de gea was 5.0. Ha another decision to make!

• Advertisement

I see that they added Carson in at 4.0m - most seasons would never consider him as takes up a City spot but chances of having 3 of their players is very slim - might be worth a shout, although Leicester away isn't an easy game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I contemplated captaining him in GW2, but didn't have the courage to do it.

I think GW5 is a good week to captain him. Lukaku has a tough away game that week to Spurs and Ronaldo away to WHU. Antonio a tough game too. Pep Roulette after a CL game. Even this week alone where he could be a better captain option over those premiums.

Chelsea v City in GW6 along with Arsenal v Spurs. Ronaldo probably is the best captain option this week at home to Aston Villa but TAA v Brentford is not exactly the worst shout. Although Salah is a better option here from Liverpool to be fair.

2 weeks out of 5 for a defender is a lot, especially with the other options available.

Thoughts on this? 1.2 in the bank

Guaita/Gunnarsson

Matip, Duffy, Reguilon, Tanganga, Livramento

Salah, Jota, Son, Gray, Benrahma

Lukaku, Antonio, Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Barring injury, he's 180 points guaranteed, without any headaches. He's as close to the set and forget as it gets for me.

While it’s possibly one of the highest scores in the game, it further highlights that no player is must have or set & forget as equating £ to points leaves you very shy here on overall points/rank.

its all about being on the right players at the right time.

Yes 180 is great score but he will have dips due to form & fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Draft 101 which I am quite happy with

DeGea Steele

TAA Christensen Semedo Dier Duffy

Salah Torres Sarr Grey Gilmour

Ronaldo Antonio DCL

0.5m ITB

Defensive cover from United, Liverpool, Chelsea and wolves for their good run with Duffy and D ier as decent back up.

I like the midfield although Torres could be rotated all solid.

Strong front 3.

Anything obvious I am missing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Highly possible so question is DeGea/Semedo or Sa/Shaw

Probably less risk with option 2

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭FantasyFool

Howr ye lads.

Off to a mediocre start to the season and thinking of wildcarding to this. Any insight/criticism would be much appreciated:

Sanchez/Steele

Digne, White, Reguilon, Stones, Omobamidele

Torres, Salah, Gallagher, Saka, Gilmour

Ronaldo, Lukaku, ASM

Leaves me with 0.7m in d bank

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's not always possible to get the big hauls unless you just set + forget some players. A few years back, LEicester away was one of TAA's toughest fixtures of the season on paper, got 24 points that night I think.

Each to their own, but himself and Salah are two that I just put in there, and forget about, It's easier when you're only thinking about 9 players for transfers than 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

The 5.5 price point for Grey is a lot more bearable if you had 1M itb imo.

So do you sacrifice the attacking potential of the wing back for the more nailed Coady (Kilman passes the eye test for me but is he gonna keep his spot...) knowing you can get Raphinha in a later transfer say.

I suppose I could extend this point to TAA as well but lets not!!

GL

Week of humming and hawing, main decision was to go for one premium (Ronaldo) instead of 2 (Ronaldo + Lukaku)

Sa

TAA, Alonso, Dier (Duffy, Livramento)

Salah, Torres, Greenwood, Gray (Mendy)

Ronaldo DCL Antonio

SA a bit of a different choice, but superb fixtures, and looked solid so far. Not sure about Dier at the back, solid so far, but a few new faces to come in there, and he's no attacking threat. Shouldn't expect much for 4.6 I suppose. Midfield was the toughest choices, Jota, Raphina, Benhrama, ESR were considered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Your losing too much with all the big hitters I think.

ASM is poor value as a forward.

I'd go to a dud 4.5M forward if you really want to keep the big boys but consider the 3 different possibilities with only two of them and map out your captaincy.

Granted price wise they are different, but if people where against doubling up on West Ham, i don't see how Doubling up on Everton players is any different.

At 5.6m, there are probably a few better options than Gray, that will give you exposure to other teams, the likes of Dallas - 8 goals last season, although played oop last year for some games. Bit of a left sided pick but Rodri is probably the most guaranteed player in City's team after Ederson/Dias, he does get goals and assists and for 5.5m isn't a bad pick imo. (obv if you have Torres probably wouldn't double up), Neves at Wolves another option who has goals in him and even better fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

This is my WC team thoughts

Sanchez

TAA Shaw Christenson

Salah Jota Torres Traore

DCL Ronaldo(c) Antonio

Subs: Steer Duffy Williams Mendy

I did consider 352 with Greenwood instead of DCL but feel GW is more a risk now . I am also not sold on Traore but Fantasy Scout have him high on their numbers . I am considering downgrading Christenson to Ben white that way I'd have 0.6 to up grade Traore to Raphina and Shaw to R James in future gameweeks . Decisions Decisions . Let me know what you think guys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The whole wildcard thing has my head melted haha.

This is what I have atm but could make changes yet.

Sanchez Bachmann

Shaw  Trent  Coady  Livramento  Williams

Salah Sarr Raphinha Jota Allan

Antonio DCL Ronaldo.

0.2 in the bank.

Long-term I'm keeping an eye on the Wolves midfielders and will more than likely swap Shaw out for a Chelsea defender. Up front I want Lukaku in soon so will have to drop Antonio and DCL unless I mess up the rest of my midfield.

Any comments or something im missing?

Genuinely think you need a Chelsea player if wildcarding now.

There could be a serious case of triple Chelsea by GW7 so best to be ahead of curve (plus having to make 3 transfers) before then.

You just need a Chelsea defender & take rough with smooth on rotation. Lukaku could be another one & then if (when) Chelsea take off 3 players will become a differential over 2.

Just have at least 1 in now if wildcarding is my advice. Even Lukaku over Ronaldo

Agreed on the Chelsea comments, Rom should be getting 20+ goals this season, and defensively Chelsea look strong, and those fixtures from GW7....

he could even do the below if he wants to keep Ronaldo.

Sanchez, TAA and DCL to

4.0, 4.5, Luakaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Can't get rid of Trent atm he's basically a midfielder. Only way id consider getting rid would be if he wasn't performing or someone cheaper could get same points. Right now there's no one yet.

Is Lukaku going to outscore both Antonio and DCL together that's the thing.

Advertisement