Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lignum restaurant, Loughrea-menu?

Options
  • 09-09-2021 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'd like to try Lignum, been hearing amazing reviews. However they don't publish the menus, anyone able to tell what was on the tasting menu or Sunday menu please?

Thanks,

Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭1641

We were there for Sunday lunch once at least a couple of years ago now. It was really delicious. They stopped doing Sunday lunch shortly afterwards - otherwise we would have returned. This was well before any pandemic. There were lots of small courses - more than the 5 that were on the menu. But I can't remember what we had.

I hadn't realised Sunday lunch was back until I saw your post. On Facebook this is listed for next Sunday:

"Featuring on this week’s Sunday Lunch menu is our 21 day dry aged Thornhill Duck cooked 3 times at 3 different temperatures in our wood burning oven, a technique we’ve been working on over the past few months."

(Sorry about the double post - I don't know how that happened)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 daniel_h

From looking at their Instagram they have been serving a lot of seafood last week. It is always very seasonal. I've been there three times I think and it was always really amazing but you do need to be prepared to eat some interesting and different things. If you are not a fish/shellfish fan for example I'd ring ahead as the majority of dishes could be based on this.

Advertisement