Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is an awful idea. The product is hot now but one surefire way to cool it down is overexpose the product. WCW & WWE both had major drops in popularity as they added key hours of content. Much better try and build the numbers for the hours they do have then dilute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I tend to agree. They have it right at the moment leaving you wanting more. I've started dipping into Dark and Dark Elevation too. There can be some enjoyable short matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The amount of people that love watching Rampage, love it because it's 1hr long.

It's a show that goes so fast

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wish they'd tighten them up though and reduce the number of jobber squashes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ha yes that's true. The words "making his/her AEW debut" never bode well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I could see Rampage going longer in the future tbh. Needs a night change though for that as a 2 hour show starting at 10pm on a Friday won't be viewed. Also extending it longer would also mean it'd need to always be live whereas atm it only some times is and most of the time it's been taped after Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

I feel like they should re-tool the Youtube shows personally.

I know they have their defenders and people will leap to correct me but to me Dark and Dark: Elevation are practically interchangeable. I know that's not what they are pushed as but to me they are. They're also exceedingly long and mostly pointless at least whenever I try watch it. It will be like 15 matches that are rarely of a significant length designed to gimmick the rankings.

Again if you enjoy it, more power to you and I don't begrudge their existence and know people like them. I just think one 'Dark-type' show would be enough and the other could be something that feels like it matters more and is worth investing in for people that aren't the hardcore fans.

Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

JR's voice is f*cked

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Punk becoming one hell of a hype man.

Punk against Team Taz is pretty cool.

• Advertisement

Dan Lambert is great.

MJF and The Pillman family getting very edgy.

Love Taz signing wrestlers theme songs.

The first appearance of Colt on AEW since Pink debuted.

Anna Jay taking control of the Dark Order could be the way to go. Having a female leader of a major faction would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Everything feels a bit off about the show so far. It's a pity they normally drop the ball following a PPV.

Adam Cole telling Tony not to flirt with Britt was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who is the gobshíte that cut Suzuki's entrance short? The "Kaze Ni Nare" is about 70% of his appeal.

Punk vs Starks is one to look forward to.

I've only gotten to watch the first hour (I'll watch the rest tomorrow)

Black hits Dustin in the shoulder with his kick and Dustin has a bloody mouth?

Punk needs a proper feud so we get pissed off Punk.

Did Hobbs knock himself out or something? Something was wrong with the ending of that match.

A complete **** up at the end of Hater - Ruby, they just fell down when Ruby was on Haters shoulders.

Really sloppy first hour. Was hoping they'd hit it out of the park after Sunday was so good. Hope the second hour is better when I watch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Punk clearly has control on his segments, pretty much all of which have been solid so far, and a very different pace to much of what AEW do. Looking forward to the programme with Hobbs, and hopefully we see some promo time with Punk and Starks too.

The Bryan segment was a bit of a let down. His first appearance on TV needed to be more about him, and it was just a rerun of the multi-man skirmish we saw at the ppv.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sucks they didn't go with Punk -MJF when they are free, both are too good for the people they were put with

Very glad to see they are continuing Miro - Kingston, finally a proper feud for Miro to sink his teeth in to

Dark Order don't belong on dynamite at this point

I wonder if they'll go with Bryan as champ now when he has the momentum or are they still holding out for Page. I'd still rather see Page get it and be put over as a star, but it does feel like things are moving on

Hangman chose to take the time off himself, I'm very sure he understood then that his push would be held off probably till next year.

No problem with the American Dragon winning the title and holding on to it for a good run and having Hangman taking it off him next spring summer.

Angel Garza now teasing his future on Twitter.

There will be a lot of underused WWE talent testing the waters to see what reactions they get on social media if their contracts have a year or so to run.

There will also be a lot of upper card talent doing it to see can they get a deal off the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The end of Hayter and Ruby was indeed scary. A simple miscommunication but it should be a warning to work out such moves thoroughly before performing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really enjoyed that, not the best in ring episode you'll see but everything felt hot, the crowd was great all night.

MJF was on fire going off on the Pillmans, he's too good on the mic. I was really enjoying the main, felt like it went a bit short, they might have wanted to check Suzuki's eye out maybe. Cutting Kaze Ni Nare off was a shocking decision.

I'm here for Punk vs Team Taz.

The Elite/Danielson segment was great, BD/Omega will be so good when it happens.

I think maybe the best news of the night is that Lee Moriarty has been signed to AEW, he's top class. Taiga Style is All Elite!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd rather Anna became the defacto leader of the Dark Order as opposed the Bray.

I want Bray to sign for AEW but the DO are basically a bunch of misfits now. Anna as their leader would be fine and Bray can put his charisma elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Dark Order split is clearly setting up the Hangman return imo. Hangman comes back cos his friends need him and takes control of The Dark Order. It's ramping up too so I reckon he's returning soon (you've Arthur Ashe and Rochester show coming up so I'm thinking he returns at Arthur Ashe and the coming together is at Rochester). Then a 6 week build for Page to take on Omega at Full Gear hopefully (the show after Full Gear is a homecoming for Page which adds to it).

Danielson taking the title off Omega would be a giant misstep imo. If you want to do the match now, it has to be a non title match imo (unless he's losing his first match). It would completely invalidate 2 years worth of the rankings mean something etc if AEW pushed Danielson into a title match, and the Page story would be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'd say it's 99% certain that Hangman is the man to dethrone Omega. You had the usual heads jumping on his absence to have a go at AEW, they abandoned the story etc., even though it was Hangman requesting time off. But I think they'll be proved wrong. The return pop is going to be class.

I could be wrong too of course, but I see it going Omega to Page, who will eventually lose it to MJF and then Punk or Danielson take it from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Angry Bryan is great. That's about the only thing great about that show. Cole putting Schiavone in his place was good too.

Black has gotten less and less accurate with the Black Mass over the years.

Punk still doing his happy-clappy shíte. You're only entertaining when you're a whingebag, Phil. Hobbs will be a star. The Hook memes are shíte, by the way.

That MJF segment dragged and dragged and dragged. Swallow cum, abortion, slut etc. Such edgy shíte.

The women's division continues to be muck.

The Dark Order, Christ. Anna Jay is the only redeeming bit from that mess.

No Suzuki entrance. Rubbish.

Advertisement