Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dacia Jogger. I must say this looks very good.

Options

Comments

Why do you insist on recommending these heaps of trash?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have to say it does look good, Ive spoken to a few owners of Dacia's and honestly rarely have I heard any negativity. Fair enough, specs are limited, interiors a little drab and perhaps lacking in power but it's hard to fault the value for money and reliability, admitidly those I know maintain theirs well.

Resale value might also be a concern but in all honesty, no worse that other similar type models devaluations.

I sense a bit of snobbery attached to the Dacia brand but I recall the same attitude to the Suzuki brand, I went on to own 5 new Suzuki's, 2 X Jimny, 2 X Vitara and one ignis sport (amazing little car)

Whilst I'm at it, raging the new Suzuki Jimny not on sale here, I'd buy one in a heart beat 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Usually publicity shots make a car look as good as it can but even then I don't like the look of this. Having said that I'm sure it'll be good value in the 7 seater market. If they've thought to have 3 isofix across the 2nd row then it'll be a winner. We recently got a Peugeot 5008 over a few other 7 seaters we were looking at for this specific reason and I know for a lot of others that's a deal breaker too

Have to say Peugeot making some fabulous looking vehicles, a friend got your model also, simply fantastic looking.

PCP's the only way really. I've a GFMV on a Sandero and even before things started going mad this year I expected the actual value at the end of the term to be at least 2k above it. The way things are going I may be able to hand it back at the end of the term and get another brand new one at a lower monthly payment.

And yeah, they can be a bit basic but at the same time for under 20k you can get a Sandero Stepway with about as much spec as the vast majority of people care about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

I don’t think Dacia and Suzuki are comparable to be fair. Dacia is designed as the budget brand of Renault. They are basic and often used the previous generation technology. If you are buying a Dacia, the fairest comparison would be against a 2-3 year old car of the same size from one of the main brands I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I thought we were supposed to be moving towards a world that uses less plastic..

I only used the historical comparison when Suzuki entered the car market here, the same applied to Seat, seen as a cheap VW, when infact the original Ibiza was a fantastic car, I had a brand new one, all those years ago.

But yes, Suzuki now a well respected Brand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

@dempo1 The Suzuki dealer near me in Drogheda is advertising the new jimny, there's one on the forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Seen that Jimny yesterday, black one. Think it was just under €19k but i believe they are only going to sell them as commercial here in Ireland so might just be a 2 seater. Fantastic looking vehicle, id buy one if it had the 1.4 turbo engine from the Vitara in it. Pokey little engine

• Advertisement

Is that one with UK reg🤔 I've seen advertised but I'm not sure the new Jimny actually for sale in Ireland in the true sense (open to correction) obviously if UK reg or being imported for sale VRT considerations would be additional costs 🤔

But again, I'm open to correction but understood Suzuki decided for some bizzare reason not to sell this new version in the Republic 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I'd say they thought the market for it would be very small here and that as they knew they would not be selling it cheap it would not be worth it. They have stopped selling the passenger version in the UK and Europe because of emission regulations but are now importing it as a commercial. Its not like the rear two seats had that much room anyway and with them there there was virtually no boot so it as a commercial makes sense.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Doesn’t Dacia just produce vehicles for people who prefer new cars to good cars? Bit of a false economy. Hang on to it for a few years and it’s neither.

I pay 200 quid a month and 100 a year servicing. Cheap tax, easy on fuel, no worries about anything. In 3 years I can hand it back and do the same again.

Hang on til PCP is up, hand it back and get another new yoke at the same cost.

Not sure what else I could get for 200 a month that I'd never have to worry about NCT, bits and pieces failing, full warranty etc.

It's not for everyone, some people would rather pay 600 a month instead for a nicer interior and good for them. For someone who wants a runaround, no hassle and no worry (and after a horrific first car for me) I certainly don't see where the false economy is.

BTW, have a look at 2nd hand prices for Dacias and see how much they depreciate. When I saw that is when I started considering one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

My wife has a Seat Arona FR at the moment. After being broke for years and having old knackered cars we had a few bob to buy something nice. Its a really high spec car with loads of options added, including the 1.5 Evo engine. Cost us about €35k when you include the interest over 3 years (HP) In another year the warranty will be up and so we will change it.

She is getting a poverty spec Dacia Sandero when we change (her choice). Lowest spec possible (which still has AC and Cruise Control surprisingly). Will cost €13,000 new.

She just wants and needs a car that will get her to work reliably every day (About 90km round trip ). She has no interest in having all the bells and whistles. Only thing she wants is a car that she can get in and go and has a warranty so she does not have to worry about any unexpected bills.

The Dacia absolutely fits the bill for people like her. A new car with a warranty for €13k. Thats all they think about. And after 3 years you can just trade it in and get another one. Will still be worth a few grand at that point.

Would I want to take it on a long spin around the country - No - but I bet it would do it no problem. It will also be great having a car that you dont care if it gets beaten up a bit in carparks etc.

I do think the Jogger looks well - and if people could only get over their brand snobbery they might find that they are a decent car at a really competitive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Jogger provides a 7 seater at an incredible price point that will be music to the ears of cash strapped families who have better things to spend their money on.

It will be a game changer to the 7 seater market.

Dacia has just placed 2nd in the what car reliability survey. The sandero reported zero issues which is incredible and a huge selling point.

I love the disruption this brand continues to have to have and the challenge to other car makers. I would seriously consider one myself. A bigster maybe.....

I've gone on about the new Sandero on another thread but everyone I've had in has been hugely surprised so far. Mate with a 191 3 series, another with an A4 S-line. Both would be handy so would prefer 3-4 year old cars that were nicer for themselves. I've had one of them on a couple of 2-3 hour spins and he was surprised how comfortable it was. It's not as good in the corners as my old Focus but the seats are more comfortable.

As the above poster mentions, as a disrupter (though some EVs will have a bigger impact) it's all good stuff. That Dacia can sell a car for 15k or so with most of the bells and whistles is a positive. Check out the Spring as well, it could have a big impact on the EV market in a couple of years, apparently can be had for around €10k in some countries which is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Yeah. Agree with buttomftw. The spring is another one to watch and the smaller Chinese EVs look even more interesting in terms of cheaply mobilising a younger generation.

Ms

Maybe the old was very basic but a piece of sh-it it was not and the new certainly is not in fact it is one of the best cars in its class now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

What would be the expected cost of this at base spec when it eventually is offered in Ireland? We probably fit the market for this perfectly.

Ms

I would say 16000euro so a budget of 20k should get you into one handy enough.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

That's some way of justifying your own decision. For not a whole pile extra I've a new leaf on the driveway as a second car and In 4 years I'll own it outright ... and I'd prefer a new leaf to a Dacia any day of the week !

Ms

It's still only a Nissan do.

You do know that Nissan, Renault, Dacia, Lada and Mitsubishi all are part of the same group now right.

An electric car especially only a 5 seater might not be suitable for everyone yet and what Dacia will be offering here is a 7 seater that looks decent for a very reasonable price with proven mechanicals in it as well so it will be reliable too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

i was responding to someone else about thinking paying PCP only of €200 on a standard Dacia was the best opinion. I'm no badge snob .. drove skodas for years.

i was making the point that for just over a 100 more a month I'll own my leaf when the other poster will have only paid off the depreciation on a Dacia he doesn't own

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jesus that looks vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Really? I think it looks alright. Brand new car for the price of a car a couple of years old. What's not to like.

• Advertisement

If the date on the reg plate is the most important thing your dead right

Advertisement