Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Dacia Jogger. I must say this looks very good.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

The people criticising this probably did the same when the Duster came out. And we all know how that went. The new Sandero is Europes best selling car. This will suit a lot of people who want a 7 seater without the inflated price tag.

Dacia is proving very adept in building cars that people can actually afford and want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

Theres a lot not to like to be fair. But I do see the appeal of them. No point bashing people who want to drive them

German review but first one Iäve seen outside marketing videos.

It looks like an impressive "lump" of a conservative big car.

It will be coming as a Hybrid in the new year using the Clio etech solution.

It will be an automatic too.

Here is the 5 seat comfort specification LPG version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqyIns5TUzc

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A nice review here by MarkN himself,

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Cars seem to be getting universally good reviews however the price is steadily rising and rapidly getting out

of good value territory if it continues - some dealers are looking for close to 29k for mid spec. At that price it may be worth looking at second hand

Kodiaqs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭Gusser09

15k in uk?

Probably be around45k over here so haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its a heap.

Dreadful quality, have heard tales from the trade of shocking lemons arriving in for delivery with jammed brakes, clutches and gearboxes falling to pieces, trim separating, seat mechanisms failing almost immediately etc.

You don't even get what you pay for, walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I wouldn't be quick to believe those stories, worked with Renault and Dacia for years and the 100s of new Dacias we sold have never seen any of those issues. The Jogger is just a longer Stepway, I'd be very surprised if those issues were actually true as it sounds like bullshit

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Rubbish. Your just making all that up.

Where is your evidence?

All the mechanicals used in Dacias are a proven technology that have been used in Renaults for years and all issues ironed out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't believe that poster either. I own a Sandero over a year now and I have zero issues. As the others said it is just a longer version of their other cars so I doubt they managed to get all those issues he mentioned by just making a longer car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They're all proven once they aren't f***ed together on the production line.

There are production issues, I've heard them straight from a very pissed off Renault/Dacia agent in Dublin. I've seen locked back wheels on them, brand new, with my own eyes.

I don't care if ye buy them or not, I'm just suggesting maximum caution and a good conversation with the dealer about their rejection policy.

Advertisement