Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 13: Dutch Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Lewis had a great view of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

latifi crashed now. Red flag again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Had left wheel on the grass turning in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Did I see Hamilton move his car just to the left as Latifi was coming round on his hot lap? That’s bad form if he knew he had company!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Redbull grassing on the Mercs

• Advertisement

Dead right too. FIA want to start bullshit like that, make sure it's enforced everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

What happened there, I didn't hear Wheatley or Masi's reply

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The FIA decided that the times aren't allowed to keep tyre blankets on for "too long" (not sure if they've even defined what that is) and it was targeting Red Bull and suggesting they were trying to cheat the tyre pressures. So Red Bull and just pointing out that Merc are doing what RB were accused of.

Redbull engineer over the radio saying that the Mercs have the heat on the car for too long, something he said Redbull have been pulled on before, He also said it is not like they are waiting for a gap.

The reply was something like "Ok, we will look into it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Saw it on the onboard, it appeared he was warming his tyers and weaved left just as Latifi came last!

Might it have been enough to cause Latifi to react? I dunno. (It wasn’t noticeable from Latifis onboard I’ll admit)

No, he was moving left because he was approaching a right-hander. His presence may have contributed but he didn't do anything he shouldn't have.

It makes no sense to me that the horrible airbox above the drivers on the Alpines can be better than a smaller one. They don't even have particularly small sidepods which might be the benefit to a bit top airbox.

Those roars of the crowd are immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lovely stuff and I’m not sure but I think the crowd are happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That the boy Max. What a lap. Max to win this. Go on Max. I can not wait.. Should be a great race.

Great Pirre Gasly too to get onto the 2nd row.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Great job by Max.

Had he not improved his time then Hamilton would've match his time with his lap but stayed 2nd due to Max setting his time first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭McFly85

Phenomenal job by Max yet again! I just hope we finally get to see him race this weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭quokula

Surprised how much time Lewis gained and Valtteri lost in sector 3 of those last laps. Did they manage to slow Bottas and get him in a position to give Hamilton a tow down that last straight without being too close the rest of the lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChrisFinch

Is the sound terrible for anyone else using the F1 TV app? Car noises coming through much louder than commentary.

This is Max's to lose. Looking like it will be a boring enough race tbh. Looks like a cool track and a cool event but the it will take safety cars to make the race interesting

• Advertisement

Love how the track looks and the on board footage is great. Q1 was a complete farce though, the current breed of F1 cars is really not suitable to classic tracks like this. Would have been incredible to see them racing on this circuit in proper F1 cars a decade or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

I might be wrong but i think this track is too narrow and dangerous with very narrow run off - qualifying was good but i hope there are no nasty accidents tomorrow 🤐

Looks like the explanation for Lewis bigs gain in that sector was that Verstappen’s DRS failed. Doesn’t explain why Bottas was so slow but presumably he made a mistake or just backed off when it looked like he wouldn’t get Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Fair play to Gio getting that Alfa into 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Perez....

How is he not setting a time that's safe from elimination with his first lap??

Redbull a bit premature with the contract extension? I wonder do they have their own performance clause in his contract like Max has in his.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Max messed up shifting up in turn 3 and his drs didnt open on the straight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Old school track where mistakes are being punished .... We don't need any more runoffs the size of Kerry airport

The track evolution was huge. Latifi ended up in 5th. Vette and Perez both lost out massively by not being able to set a time when the track was rubbered in, largely through no fault of their own.

Something really needs to be done about it as it’s been happening regularly, but it’s hard to know what can be done when you’ve got these current cars and tyres that are ridiculously sensitive to temperatures and dirty air.

I’d kind of like to see them go to a early 2000s style single lap shootout on the tracks that are shorter and narrower to get a fairer outcome. They’ve established a precedent now with the sprint races that the qualifying format doesn’t have to be the same at every track.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Awesome lap by Max, he had more time but for the double upshift and DRS failure. Merc to split their strat as well at the front but if Max can get away quickly then he should be good. Although the last time Lewis and Max started on the front row...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Plus you can take a couple of different lines out of turn 3, the banked corner. They could be side by side coming out of there, be interesting to see who would give way out at the next corner

Advertisement