Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ah thankfully it was part of the 30 day trial.. so cancelled about an hour after signing up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

I have just bought , 53 euro with delivery at €12 on top!

im 50/50 on what to expect, genuine delivery or some form of scam!

time shall tell.

i just decided to go for it! So will keep you posted, its 2-3 weeks delivery, i have not done anything like this before and lord knows why i took the plunge now.

how do you buy this in Ireland?

let us know what you get.

as said the uncompetitive logistics landscape in Ireland makes online selling very cost ineffective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

It was via a link i found online, just came across it as an add.

the purchase was straight forward and payment was secure online.

the order confirmation came from order-codes! No idea who they are, within 24 hours i got a second mail stating shipment has been sent.

its 12 euro delivery, so thought id chance it. These guys it seems have locations in US, and also mention UK, so guess my box ships from UK. It just seems like a low cost for shipping a large box!

as i said ETA is 2-3 weeks, but suspect it will arrive sooner. Will let you know when it arrives and whats inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

just ran into this trying to order a couple of things. Pain in the proverbial! If only Prime worked across regions...

Does any eu AMZ site do free shipping to Ireland since brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Historydoll

I ordered a Niles from Frasier funko pop back on 6 July and I got an estimated delivery time up to Aug 19. It still has t dispatched and it is now saying 'Not yet dispatched, we will email you when available' and I got an email saying

'We're still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered, We’ll email you as soon as we have a delivery date, and we’re making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible. If you would prefer, you can cancel this order'

Does this mean they don't have it and it's possible they won't get it in? I ordered the pop as soon as it became available as I am really eager to get it to complete my collection and it has been really difficult to find somewhere that can deliver it to Ireland that doesnt charge an extortionate amount of money. Even the third party sellers are charging way too much which is why I bought direct from Amazon while the item was available from them. Is it possible however that they will get the item eventually? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I ordered something on Amazon DE, but it doesn't appear to be as per description. Is there a Chat function similar to the Amazon UK, or is there any way of getting support beyond just returning the package?

EDIT: I found the email function hidden away ... seems Chat isn't available though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Shipping of a pallet for 12 quid from the UK seems really dam low.......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Maybe its just a pallet that has been returned.......

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

Why would Amazon get useless AnPost to deliver they're items?

Items stopped due to customs that are already paid.

There's no way to contact AnPost other then an email.

The chat after waiting an hour, gives same information.

Just wait and someone will get back to you.

Phone calls not being answered just automatically hanging up on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Because Amazon is useless and of they want to improve their service offering then they will finish off their Irish distribution something they waited years to even bother doing or plan.

No idea why people are blaming An post for Amazon being outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you may well have already paid the VAT but if amazon don't include the correct documentation to confirm it has been paid then An Post can't just assume it has been paid. If I was you I would be getting on to Amazon.

Amazon was the first to contact. They're policy regarding refunds it's great. I will get my money back. The lack of information and the lack of support from AnPost it makes it harder. Always the ''teething problem'' on implementing something new in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm not sure how much effort you expect An Post to go to for the €3.50 they receive. Amazon screwed up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

There are numerous products on amazon that can be ordered to be shipped to Ireland, but have no estimated date. Most of them are labelled flammable in the detailed description, others not, but they are most likely categorised as such in amazon's database anyway. Once ordered, they have the status "Order received. We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." even though they are in stock. I assume they can't be shipped by air. But I am wondering if they will ever be shipped using a different mean of transportation? Or do those orders end up in a limbo forever? Does anyone have experience with that? I have of course queried this with their support, but none of them had any clue and they would e.g. offer to contact the warehouse to request an urgent dispatch, as if they had forgotten of my order, but that was obviously not the reason. I had ordered a product like that before and went on to cancel after 3 weeks, as I couldn't wait any longer. Here is an example of such a product: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mystic-Moments-Orange-Sweet-Essential/dp/B0050K3JYE Looks just like any other product page, but there is no ETA for delivery.

Amazon ship in to Ireland by truck. I couldn't see them going to the hassle of shipping things like that by air. The paperwork alone for the hazardous would be crazy. Depending on quantities it might still have to be declared by truck. I have a Sodastream CO2 bottle waiting, I'd say I'll cancel and buy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FearDamhan

Is anyone else seeing where ALL returns are now going back to Dunfermline? I have asked their chat help several times and they are telling me it is 'item dependent' but its 6 returns in a row now. All having to pay, keep receipt, wait for item to get there, then get onto chat and send them screenshots, and get the balance of postage refunded (where it exceeded 9GBP).

I'm convinced there is something up with settings in my account or a change in overall policy.

What was cost and hassle free to Portlaoise is now a right royal PITA. To the extent is influencing me regarding purchasing from Amazon to being with.

Friends are having the same issues.

Is it really item-dependent and I've been unlucky, or is my paranoia valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

I notice tonight that amazon order no longer says import fees deposit and just says Vat, I assume they just swtiched the name back.

items are sold/shipped by amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

That's only if there is only VAT, if the order is liable for VAT and Duty it still says Import fees deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭bdmc16

I was wondering this too , presume like you say they just switched back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

order arrived today, without any issue. the label on it just had the UK value before vat declared on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭bdmc16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Fantastic news

Advertisement