Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CoolroeMan

No Dept, just the name of the town, nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Philipberry

Thanks all for great advise on Etray, I feel it went well. I know this has been asked before but could anyone answer a question on EO pay scale. I am a serving CO and have read that when a promotion is accepted you are put on the closest point on EO to your CO scale and jump up 1 point. My query is does the increment date stay the same as CO scale or is the new increment date the date you accept the EO position.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

I would ask for the Department. Is there a few in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WishfullT

Hi all. I am hoping someone might be able to give a beacon of hope.

I received a message this week advising me of an interview date in September, however as I was viewing it on my mobile phone, I didn’t see/realise I had to confirm the interview.

This mistake is completely my fault, almost makes it harder.

I have emailed them explaining my mistake and have asked to be still considered.

Has this ever happened anyone before? If so were you able to?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I’m after doing the same with my interview, also as a result of viewing it on my phone. I’m so sick over it. I’ve emailed but not too hopeful. Just gutted.

I am the exact same; there may have been a few tears. 🥲 Hoping against hope at this stage I know.

Keep me posted if you hear anything, good or bad. Best of luck 🍀🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Will do. You too…. Honestly can’t believe after waiting for so long and so much work I’ve done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Hi, the same thing ALMOST happened me and I nearly passed out, I was soooo lucky to have just logged in again and re-read the email with about 3 minutes to spare. But my friend did the same as you and didn't realise her mistake until she received a message saying "as you did not confirm your interest to move to interview you have been removed from the panel". She nearly died but made contact immediately and explained that she didnt see the line where she had to reply and they did put her back on the panel. That particular line should be highlighted IN BOLD at the very top of the message, IMO!! I hope they do the kind thing and let you back on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

ETray taking place last week, I’m guessing it’s for outside Dublin?

I’m most definitely in the next batch for Dublin so want to make sure I wasn’t skipped haha.

• Advertisement

I honestly cannot believe I have made this mistake.

can I ask did they let your friend keep their OOM score, or were they put to the back again?

Im in the regional (Longford) and these kind of opportunities don’t come up regularly.

Thank you for sharing your experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BananaButter

I got a notification about my interview today but the message is confusing me too.

It says if you are interested in an interview then please send an email to X.

But the next paragraph also says to email the exact same address if you are not interested in the interview. "By submitting this email you are withdrawing your application from the panel and will now only be considered for your other location choice, if any, as selected by you in your initial application."

So do I have to specify in the email that I'm still interested because it sounds like based on the above that all emails sent to that address are seen as withdrawals?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

What regions are people getting interviews for?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

They are asking you to decide on which location basically for me I had Limerick as my first choice but Tipperary my second choice I was called first for so I had to decide take Tipp and be withdrawn from Limerick or wait for Limerick with no guarantee of being called. So I emailed saying I wasn’t interested in interview for Tipperary but my Oom was top 10 and top 15 so I was pretty sure I would be called.

Hope that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Glad I read this about the email confirmation.

Just so people know. If you're already in the Cs and get appointed, get onto people point and ask to transfer rather than resign and start again. It stops service from being broken.

You'll have to go in at point 1 but can claim back the higher scale if Co salary is above point 1 of eo scale

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amsat

Hey I know two ppl who done this - they emailed PAS and they were given another interview date

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amsat

How long do results take for e-tray please

also for those who didn’t conform interview i no someone who emailed to explain and they were given another interview time fingers crossed for ye it’s worth a try

It has been taking at least 2 months for results from e-tray

I wonder if some poor sod has to read through all the emails in the test and mark them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

doesn't surprise me - I turned it down in the end, after 12 months from first application I have decided to stay in private sector for now anyway. Of all the postings to get I had to get offered the s**t one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 3029G

That's a shame you went through all that to then get a posting you weren't happy with. What is the problem with AGS can I ask? I remember seeing mixed opinions about it a while back on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 porcelaindoll

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking, as you seem to know a bit about payscales and promotion, I just got my contract from HR with a start date of 27th September and it states I will start at point one of the EO scale. However my next increment is due on 11th September and from what I can gather, from searching through different circulars, if the new pay scale is more than my current pay by less than the difference between point one and point two of the new scale, then I should be put on point two!?! I am on point 5 of the CO scale but due to go to point 6 in two weeks! Am I totally misunderstanding the situation?

Cheers

You automatically go to point 1 and then have to claim for the extra increments.

When you start give the payroll Helpdesk a call and you can find out about your point, next increment date etc.

It's HR make the decision on what you're on so contact them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

Hi guys. I've been offered a position in the department of housing? Could anyone tell me anything about the department with regards what they do exactly and what an EO's role would be?? Any help would be massively appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

Hi guys,

Just wondering on the pay scale can you carry your years on both open and interdepartmental or just interdepartmental?

And how long after etray were people waiting for interview? OOM 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Sorry, can't help on the role - just wanted to say congratulations on the job.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Ah thanks very much. Not 100% sure I'll take it as its over 45KM from home so I can possibly defer it as I am also hoping to stay in my current department but thanks very much 😊

Talk to your manager or local HR before you make a decision. I drive 35 km when in the office.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been on to my AP and HEO. They want me to stay but no positions available at the moment. I'm very torn. Was told that if I defer and a place comes up within 45K then they go back to the top of the panel. Only thing is there's 5 people ahead of me who have deferred already too.

Advertisement