Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

• 23-08-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Pushed the button early as usual even though the start of the season has not gone too bad. Afraid of being priced out of the team I would like with price rises predicted for the players I want. Currently on the team below with 0.4 mill in the bank and might upgrade Tsimikas to a 4.5mill defender if he gets a second rise as I have really gone all out attack. Any comments appreciated.

Sanchez, Begovic

Tsimikas, Reguilon, Pinnock, Amartey, Duffy

Bissouma, Salah, Fernandes, Benrahma, Greenwood

Ings, Antonio, Lukaku

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Playing it well. If you get that extra 0.1m out of Tsimikas, then you'll be laughing for the upgrade. Would've said Dier, but not sure about loading up on Spurs defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

I would have Livramento and Williams ahead of Amartey and Tsimikas as the 4m defenders, but obviously wait on Tsimikas to rise first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭macraignil

Tsimikas rise has happened so have replaced him with Dier and will likely have a Spurs double up in defense for the next couple of games. Have also brought in Liveramento for Amartey as you suggested as it looks like he may have a better chance of starting. The talk about Vestergaard being out for the game last night I found is that the scan showed nothing serious so he is likely to be back in training during the week so Amartey may be dropped fairly quickly seeing as they defended fairly poorly against West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd have DCL over Ings just for the penalties but not much between them. Good team overall.

DCL is that 0.1 mill more expensive for me since I have had Ings in since the start of the season and so I will not get his current price if I sell him which puts DCL out of reach unless I start cutting elsewhere to get the extra funds.

Am considering if it might be worth swapping Ings to Adam Armstrong to free up 2mill to upgrade the defense. Ings to Armstrong could let me go for Dias instead of Livramento but not sure if that is a good idea.

• Advertisement

News of Ronaldo moving to Manchester United making me unsure of keeping my Manchester players on the wildcard. I was happy to have Fernandes and Greenwood in their current set up but will Ronaldo come in and steal the penalties off Fernandes and the centre forward position off Greenwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I would say both those things are likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone else hovering over the button?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Currently considering it...have a few players I want rid of...

Emi(Villa don't look great, and potentially missing games due to International Duty)

Tsimkas

TAA(just downgrade to Pool defender)

Vardy(Leicester look very poor)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Trent is flying though. Wasn’t there some stat earlier that is is leading the lead for changes created this season (3 games in, but still).?

Just looked it up and he is 2nd for expected assists behind Jesus.

I think he’s worth the premium over the other Liverpool defenders.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pressed the button yesterday, aiming to have 2 premium strikers in Lukaku and Ronaldo and a 5 man mid-priced midfield, although Antonio looks like a must-have too.

Something like

Sanchez

TAA Sanchez Shaw (Duffy Livramento)

Salah Torres Raphina Smith-Rowe Benrahma

Lukaku Ronaldo (fodder)

I like Smith Rowe but arsenal look dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Yesterday was the perfect example of why you’d keep TAA. No clean sheet, no attacking returns => 2 bps

Add that up over the season.

Hes passed the eye test whenever I saw them this year too, and they look far more solid obviously with VVD back

Agree but there has to be compromises somehwere if I'm trying to fit in Ronaldo, Salah, Lukaku and Trent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Wildcard active! Just under 200k OR but have a couple of deadwood I’d like to get rid of.

no idea where I’ll end up but at the minute placeholders for players rising & falling

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Demari Gray Everton instead of Smith as has been said, he is 5.5m.

He's looked bright and attacking down that left flank. Cheap price for an attack minded side who keep trying to put crosses in on all sides. Pacey but small, looks decent on the counter.

Arsenal look awful and I'd say it'll be sooner than later before Arteta gets the bullet and then a new manager could just bench smith and tear up the roster of regular players.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is wildcarding towards Ronaldo this week not a little bit dangerous?

When the deal gets properly done, he is straight off to Portugal to play for them. Their final international game is away in Azerbaijan on the Tuesday evening so realistically he isn’t even going to train with his teammates for the first time until Thursday.

He defo starts this game against Newcastle? Messi has only come on for 24 minutes on his debut for PSG tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Think it’s more a case of leaving space for him. I might leave Bruno in my wildcard team as an easy switch.

• Advertisement

Is your team in really bad shape? I figured Ronaldo was one of the driving factors behind many of these wildcard decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭remoteboy

None of my differential pics worked out - Harrison, Townsend, Bertrand. Shaw has underperformed. Tsimikas needs moving on. Ings has rotten fixtures ahead and I’m not convinced by Toney. So time for a shake up. Sitting just inside top 1m at the moment.

Ah ok. My previous post wasn’t really directed towards you so. More towards people who have been heavily influenced by the Ronaldo news.

I know people will be thinking ‘yeah but it’s Ronaldo, of course he will start’, but Messi and Sancho didn’t and theyd have had a good bit more training with their team than Ronaldo will have had.

Im not completely out on the idea of bringing in Ronaldo and captaining him but I think it will be based on what I hear Ole saying in the lead up to the game. Ronaldo is a very naturally fit guy but also 37 in February.

Wouldnt think of it as dangerous, but can certainly see why many will play it safe.that’s the opportunity as I see it. It’s a high ceiling pick that will have relatively low ownership. If he’s rested, you’re down one player, but realistically, he’s gonna want to make his debut at Old Trafford. And Ronald doesn’t strike me as the sort that will need a rest after a game against Azerbaijan.

It’s not so much that Ronaldo needs a rest. But rather Ronaldo hasn’t actually played any club games yet, and hasn’t trained with his new teammates yet so even after international duty (against Ireland, Qatar and Azerbaijan so not the most elite competition there is) he is going to be way behind the rest of the players right? Look at Cavani and Sancho in particular at how Ole has treated guys with kid gloves.

Maybe dangerous was the wrong word to use, but with the wildcard the timing is very important and with us having only 3 weeks of data to work off, similar to this week, there’s going to be a new batch of players that are ‘must have’ after gameweek 4, not to mention the fixture swings that always happen. Torres will be in most wildcard teams now, had done nothing after GW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Had a good start to the season , I have 246 points after game week 3. I have played the WC . Would appreciate opinions on my team/squad

Raya/Steel

Arnold Shaw Amartey Duffy Williams

Salah Son Benrahma Gray Brownhill

Kane(place holder for ronaldo) Antonio C Lewin

I would love to try and get Torres in and would appreciate some advice on my 4.0-4.5m defenders , perhaps livramento would be a better choice than Amartey

Livramento would be a better choice yeah. Only a matter of time til Evans or Vestergaard come back and push Amartey out.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think they will be the 4 premiums to own - TAA, Salah, Lukaku and Ronaldo. But I want to wait until gw 5-7 to make sure Ronaldo is on pens and Lukaku is definitely going to haul regularly.

One reservation I have is there is serious value in the mid priced striker category - Bamford, Antonio, Wilson, Jimenez, DCL, Ings and even Armstrong/Toney if they get momentum going and have a good fixture run. I don’t see the same value in midfield. For me there is still question marks on benrahma and other mid priced mid fielders. Raphinha would be the only one I’d put my hat on long term.

Also subs might be an issue with that team. Liveramento seems to be the only reliable one and he’s only 18 and breaking into his first senior team.

This is my team for gw 4. I don’t think a wildcard is necessary just yet.

Sanchez

TAA, Shaw, Ayling (Liveramento, Omobamidele)

Salah, Bruno, Greenwood, Benrahma (Brownhill)

Antonio, DCL, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

DeGea (4m dud)

Varane Reguillon Christensen (Marcella, Livramento)

Salah Torres Benny R Raphina Greenwood

Lukaku DCL Antonio

That looks a serious well balanced team to me. Obviously I would have a benching headache a few weeks but happy enough to take that.

if Trent starts to pick up I can’t revert to Varane & drop one of the 4 mid midfielders

• Advertisement

Anyone have concerns about West Ham players and Europa League?

Their group doesn't involve any trips to any parts of the former USSR, but will the squad have the depth and quality to compete, Thursday & Sunday?

Advertisement