Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSPaint Reveal - Vanilla, the ultimate fixXxer

Options
  • 26-08-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭

REVEAL SETUP UNDERWAY for the first (and 😏 possibly only) Vanilla Boards MSPaint game… [Reveal date & time to be determined by here & there] 

When did we start this one, 1992?  Any delays attributed to fixXxer have been far outdone by Vanilla; hence, we present  VanillaPaint, the ultimate fixXer ! 😁

Sign up thread HERE or (in case linking fails) here -> https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058198988/mspaint-vanilla/p1

Many thanks to all our  PaintScribers for sharing your time, energy, and talents! ...You all give Vanilla, true flavour!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Plenty of time to gather your favourite vanilla treats…  

...maybe a White Russian  😏 ....or three

And while we wait, get in de mood -> dim the lights, pop on yer fave heavy metal choone, slide into your summer bikini &/or mankini (your choice) ...and take a moment to  review basic hot tub safety regulations, before proceeding to the staging area...

(clicky the vid to see)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I drank all the weekend wine already but I will still be ready 🤞🤣 whenever we are a go! (Thread bookmarked... I think 🤣)

:D Thanks for the remind, must bookmark the thread as well (else I may never locate it again)

▶️ ORIGINAL PIC

Let's throw up the Original Pic that Mam randomly chose:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,051 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah for heavens' sake! How would you describe that in 10 words?! Brainstorm would be one I suppose?

Post edited by looksee on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Yep, that's pretty much what I painted.

Said no one ever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I love it! It explains a lot 😉!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I can do it!! 😉

Festering mess of random objects on a lilac background. Blame Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

You know, I wasn't too far off! Can't wait for full reveal!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,824 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I thought it was a very good pic , full of ideas , and a lot of leeway for the pics and descriptions to get (very confused) interesting 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

This is gonna be good, i can tell!

Edit: Ugh stupid site, trying to embed gif. Not much fun for little harpo.

Post edited by Noo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Eh? There’s way too much going on in that original pic. There is absolutely zero chance of success here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I can see some elements that makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,824 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I honestly thought it was a great pic as the only hold back would be a persons imagination when they'd receive their description.

I don't understand the success part properly though , do you mean how alike (or not) the first and last pic will end up ? For me the success of the game is in the fun everyone participating in it has , not what the final picture ends up as . That's just my thinking though , in case I've offended anyone.

ETA,

I forgot to say that the amount of work the game Host puts in , also contributes to the fun in the reveals .

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If the final picture came out looking like the original picture I'd consider that a massive failure, not a success.

The best first pictures are the one like the above, where the possibilities of where it can go are literally endless. That's the whole point of the game.

It's great fun when it goes totally off the rails!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Ok, I can see I described third, and I see an interesting pic (poor Mamof4 faced with describing that 😜), but even with these two pieces of information, I have zero idea what I saw or wrote and I'm not going PM hunting 🤣 so this will be excellent 😁

Thanks all :) ... lol, Both Mam (and Necro) did an excellent job :D ...but yes, there is alot going on - knowing that, I (used to) think it gave first describers more options to choose which fun parts they wish to include in the game. But yes, after reading comments (here and at the other site) I now get the idea that players prefer simpler images.

Frankly, it wasn't my first choice of Hobby pics, but at the time, I couldn't locate (something like) what I had intended: https://i.imgur.com/2MaBUTA.jpg so I went with (after a quick google search) an image that reminded me of one of my favourite descriptions in an older game (but due to vanilla search I can't find nor link the post)... Since Mam was the first describer, I thought it might be fun to loosely "tailor" the original pic to her former "ethereal question mark" description, hence the "idea" theme... Had someone else described first, I would have tried relating the first paint to one of their former descriptions. ...tis blatantly clear I overthink everything.

Maybeeeeee we should just get this game over and done with quickly... Think it might be best for all, then we can just move on to the fun, fast paints in the new place... If people aren't here to participate in the reveal, that is ok too - seems rather apropos as Vanilla has sent people away anyway.... and anyone can read thru the thread, and catch up quickly at their convenience... :) Cheers and thanks everyone for playing, especially with the busy images I pick. X to all.

I honestly think it doesn't matter what image a game starts with, so don't be worrying! It usually goes off the rails quite quickly, simple or complex! :D

• Advertisement

We shall get started directly,  with a few   vanilladjustments (and repeatedly banging head on desk) as  some images are non-compatavanilla. Many apologies  when things go haywire (and get a bit delayed) ...If images don’t post properly. I shall try to remember to include links.

No panic, we all know how the site is. Can't wait!

nothing  started and ended our game, let’s see if their first picture made it through to the bitter end...

🔸Original Pic Link

Much like our new  platform, the pic seems  a lot to process, but (trust me) you aint seen nothing(s) yet! 🤪

LINK 1 DESCRIBER: Mam of 4

After joyfully receiving the above imagery  (ok, she may’ve used the words ‘ah hell no’, but still her excitement was palpable) Mam  summated remarkably well...

Lightbulb having eureka moment, exploding with every game, activities imaginable.

She also expressed pure delight in providing such a specific description to our next painter *

* nothing I say on this thread may be true

An absolutely excellent description of that image imo! Well done, mam

Now,  you may think… 

that “every game imaginable” could be considered rhetorical ...but… 

nothing is nothing if not a literal thinker ! ☺️

I just paint what I'm told ;)

LINK 1 PAINTER: nothing

Our first painter  took Mam at her word  and featured  EVERY POSSIBLE ACTIVITY KNOWN TO MAN (except parachuting lol)  in their masterpaint!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/D86P27ZRBCA8/boards-paint-drawing-13068030100556651421.png

Which leaves the next describer ten words… out of emm -  57 possibilities?!  Seriously, how many paints-in-one is that?

Pure brilliance nothing! Thanks for the effort it took to paint that!

I may have misinterpreted the eureka moment hehe

• Advertisement

LINK 2 DESCRIBER: HeyV

After seeing nothings paint, “Crikey!” was exclaimed by HeyV, and quickly jumped in with this (before their head exploded trying to whittle it down to 10-ish* words):

Bathing lightbulb hosts party with every game/hobby attending and a Karaoke Sewing-Machine

*in fairness, extra leeway in word count was given, a remarkable job summarizing in 13-ish words! (extra word count should have been given to mam as well, sorry about that!)

Advertisement