Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need a covid pasport to walk through bar to beer garden?

Options
  • 26-08-2021 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am bringing a family member out a to a beer garden this weekend, they dont have a covid passport. You need to walk through the pub to get to the beer garden, does the person need a passport to enter pub first? I'm sure you mustn't need one, but they are worried you do!? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No, you can go in to pee, pay and promenade to the garden without papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

You are entering a licensed premises,the regulations state that you must present a proof of vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

In my experience lately it depends on the venue. Some places are stricter than others. Best thing to do is ring the pub explain the situation and get an answer. I've seen a guy get kicked out because he forgot to put his mask on to the toilet and I know places that never paid one bit of notice to any guidelines. Ring the pub mate. If I was to guess I'm sure ull be fine walking through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

No, you don’t. Wear a mask until you are seated, and if you are going to the toilet. Enjoy the 🍻 🍻!

• Advertisement

Not in my experience. Been asked at the door if I'm going to be sitting outside and nothing has been required to do so, even if walking through the main pub section to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Thanks a million everyone for replies, it didnt make sense to me that you would need a passport just to walk through a pub to get to a beer garden where you didnt need one!?

Advertisement