Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just saw that. Another quality review from Mark, really like his channel. Have to agree with everything he said. Indeed the door makes a very solid clunk when closing it, on a par with say a BMW 5-series :-)

He is just shy of saying the Ioniq 5 is better allround than the VW ID.4 (the big competitor) but based on a lot of reviews I've seen of both cars, it simply is. Although I haven't driven one myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

An interesting one from that video.... If you look closely inside the charging flap it lists 230V/32A single phase and 400V/48A 3-phase. That would suggest it can pull 19kW on a public AC charge point?

I checked the website and they only list 11kW AC charging. 🤔

That would be worth checking.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Spotted one if these out and about in Galway today, really striking looking. Made my 28kw Ioniq look ancient!

• Advertisement

My sister in law bought one. Base model with metallic paint (the best value of them all really) for January 2022 delivery. Paid full list price, dealer was not entertaining any discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did she try a different dealer ? Once you know the spec you want , simply ring around

They didn't afaik. And her husband is a very savvy businessman. Always worth a try, easiest money you ever make, etc. is all I ever say, but even I would not have put too much effort into trying. There simply isn't a hope of getting a discount on the base model. There are a very limited number of them available to book right now. These cars will fly out. Not only do they look good, but they simply are far superior to any of the competition. If you want one for January 2022, you need to book one asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

the base model definitely raises a question over whether to spend 10K more for the base model 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

More competition right now for potential Model Y owners as well.

For such a big car I’m struggling to see why you’d go for the smaller battery. It’s great the charging capability the car has, but it won’t make a difference in Ireland until the infrastructure improves in a few years or when Tesla open up the supercharger network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

when Tesla open up the supercharger network.

Is that even on the cards as a possibility? Surely it would remove a major appeal of buying a Tesla if anyone can use the superchargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As a Tesla owner this was a big plus to buying one. If they open it to other drivers I probably won't buy another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,894 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Grants should be bigger, plus the 50k cut off for a grant needs to be raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Can you explain how the grant works please for over 50 k and under 50k. Pardon my ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 35,894 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dude I have no idea, but I was sure 50k was a cut off point, I maybe wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I thought it was simply that there is no grant if the price is over 50. But I was just looking at the Kia EV6 and it is 55k but advertised as 50k after the grants.

Post edited by Grumpypants on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Above 50k there is no VRT rebate, above 60k there is no seai grant.

Vrt changed at the last budget,

Vrt was reduced from 14% to 7% and full rebate was got when car was <40k and reduced to 0 at 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wouldn't that then mean you aren't satisfied with the vehicle itself then....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

No I like the vehicle but one of the biggest selling points for me was the supercharging network as it's perfectly placed on the 2 longest journeys I do every year (exactly halfway on both of them!!).

If it opens up to other vehicles then I'm going to open up to other manufacturers to see what's out there.

I had looked at the ID 3 and the ID4 but the lack of very fast charging on both my trips made me look to Tesla.

I like the look of the model Y but I'm definitely going to be looking at other manufacturers in a few years time when it comes to changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

I just got my Ioniq 5 this afternoon. Think it is the first one registered so far in Ireland, so said the sales guy. Grey , 58kw in premium trim. Went for test drive on Thursday and they had 2 in stock so ordered it.

First EV so is going to take me a while to figure out out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Dealers aren't entertaining discounts any place. These cars are going to be a phenomenon and the dealers know it. If it loses them a sale, they've got 10 more people with deposits right behind them.

As for buyers, your customer satisfaction should be if a dealer can get your bum into one before next Easter.

Well wear!

The car has a lot more than 58kW, you got to figure out the units alright ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Someone replying to an Ioniq 5 post on IEVOA Facebook was told April for the Ioniq 5 she's ordered.

Not sure id have the patience to wait that long

She was obviously too late as the dealer she was ordering from already had his first allotment sold. If she wanted the car earlier, she could still have ordered from another dealer. My sister in law ordered last week and should get the car for January (as she wanted)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭sk8board

from a business perspective, Tesla don’t nearly sell enough volume to justify leaving the charger network as a walled garden, and their future volumes will remain niche while they can’t deliver a cheaper mass market model (and that cheaper model hasn’t even been mooted yet, and then it would take Tesla 3-4 years to deliver it).

imagine how few Tesla’s will be sold in Ireland now post July’s price change? Keep an eye on the 212 sales numbers.

If they can charge for it, it might be good for them for 2 reasons - they make money from it, obviously (and they answer to their shareholders at the end of the day); and also users of other manufacturers have a positive Tesla brand experience.

The potential for current owners not being recurring buyers, based on not wanting to share the network with other drivers is probably a long way down their priorities when you consider how much they could make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭sk8board

and from all the m3’s I’ve seen, another €500 on mandatory paint correction and ceramic on delivery day.

doug de muro had a review of a MS plaid a few days ago and again the owner (who had a huge car collection) said the paint quality was the worst new car he had ever seen, so clearly Tesla aren’t improving that.

if you’re not dead set on a Tesla and are shopping around, this stuff matters

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The SR+ model is unaffected by the grant changes.

For me, I was interested in the Ioniq 5 but the spec I wanted (top spec AWD) is too close to Tesla money so I ruled it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Enjoy, I saw one of them around Dublin airport last week, fine looking car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Wow, cool!! That's exciting, best of luck with it. How are you getting on 2 days later? Well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Spotted one yesterday in Co. Kilkenny, but for once didn't turn around when I heard the electric whine and just caught its distinctive tóin. Looked great in dark grey, just as it does in light grey and white.

Advertisement