Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blindboy cancels himself.

Options

Comments

I have met him. I don't like him. He's a self made public figure who made a public statement which we are commenting on.

I can lean into being nasty to people I don't like, once I am being honest. I'm comfortable with that.

You are "mistaking" me being honest about a person you like as being nasty.

I guarantee you if I voiced the same opinion about someone you didn't like, you wouldn't see it as nasty.

Your passive aggressive and condescending response could be perceived as nasty.

You've not met me, but you are judging me on my words.......

Like most are doing about Blindboy.

But "they" are the nasty ones?

I see how this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,789 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do you not think it might be you that's holding them up as a champion of virtue though? As he ever said that ? Is he not just dishing out his view point on stuff and opinion?

Anyway I've given this 'thread' enough credence. It's noticeable that this sort of stuff is created late in the evenings when people have drink on and all of their anger and resentment is free to flow as they don't have work to contend with.

Very common on boards for this stuff to occur. Anger for the sake of it. Nastyness to glue it together. It's like a bunch of kids in primary school except it's grown adults .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Ah come on, everyone in primary school knew what the words retard and spastic were when using them. If the evolution of the blindboy character is to now claim that he didn't know what the word meant in his mid twenties then that's a fairly backwards step for him.

Well done, you've just leaned into stuff you said you weren't doing.

If I'm being condescending it's because I chose to be, to absolute childish behaviour.

Enjoy the cesspit. I'm sure it's delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Yet here you are being incredibly nasty.

Why are you woke people always so oblivious to your own awful behaviour?

• Advertisement

No I don't.

What a "nasty" post.

Thanks so much for giving "credence" to the thread. Your contributions were the only thing making it in any way validating it and making it credible.

Is that you blindboy?

I'm not sure, but I doubt it.

Tell me this and tell me no more. Does the likes of blindboy cause you or yours harm ? Is he doing bad in the world ? Does his actions actually negatively impact others.

Does Tommy Robinson? Does trump ? Or do you (as you raised it) revel in the fact that both people you chose to raise get at people you dislike ? Perhaps reveling in the wind up of others is why their followers follow them .

Im intrigued as to what actual harm you or those around you have suffered at the hands of this personality that makes you so angry.

You've found me out Dunne. I'm here on boards spreading my wokeness.

My raison d'etre is to follow threads you comment on and have you re-evaluate your ways.

It really gives me power and a feeling of credibility.

Can I have a medal now and do you want a book signed ?

I wouldn't really call it a prize. You've bought into a dishonest and incorrect ideology and most people around you will dislike you for it.

We all know why people are woke - it's to hide the fact they themselves are awful people.

How about you go fix yourself instead of walking around claiming people are nasty?

• Advertisement

Three things.

One woke isn't a thing it's a word you've bought into to reflect people of any cred methodology or ideology you don't like. It makes it easy for you to throw people into the bucket and then think it's a slur at them.

Two I don't fit into any bucket I've quite a wide range of opinions actually. I'm sure we will cross paths again various times on items it is a forum after all.

Three, read the thread if you can't see personal vitriol and nastyness with abandon then you obviously haven't grasped the English language in full.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You are making no sense. I have no issue leaning into what you perceive as nastiness as what you think is nasty is simply an opinion that you don't like.

You are equally nasty to people who don't agree with you or your beliefs.

You think that criticism of Blindboy is nasty. I don't. I think it's valid, especially the criticism on this thread. You feel the best way to combat the nastiness is to come on and CHOOSE to be condescending.

My side is a cess-pit apparently. Yours is just "reasonable responses" to people and opinions you don't like.

Enjoy your double standard. I'm sure you think it's amazing.

as for what you win?

This thread was going along nicely - some decent potshots being taken at one of Ireland’s most pompous and self-regarding individuals.

Now it’s just a load of lads in their 30’s and 40’s going on about woke. Hugely tedious stuff.

There are sides ?

Lol. If you've boiled life down to that then I'm sorry can't help you.

You've probably bought into the term woke too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I must have missed the part where his podcast became compulsory listening and we all lost the ability to not listen to it.

A lot of the people here throwing slurs at him must spend an inordinate amount of time listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't really give a shite either way to be honest but that statement from Blindboy is disingenuous when he claims he wasn't aware that spastic was used as a slur against people with disabilities.

Just look at the video. That 'Spastic Hawk' in question is clearly drawn as a bird with cerebral palsy.

Like I say, I don't care either way really but if you're going to pivot in your career from someone who pretends to be an edgy working-class Limerick boyo to someone who's going to try and take on the mantle of Ireland's mental well-being spokesman, be honest and own up to your past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFdK_TBrBGs

Fair commentary. Pretending not to understand a term is an untruth.

I thought you were leaving?

Anyway back on topic.

I doubt this gobshite will suffer the same scrutiny for his past "indiscretions" as other would have if they weren't riding the righteous train.

It's bizarre but not surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement

I can handle almost anything as long as there's honesty.

My problem with woke is it is entirely dishonest. If the woke people were actually decent people who genuinely care, then it would just be a minor annoyance, but woke people are usually the absolute worst people in our society. To reiterate, the problem isn't even that they are terrible people, it's that they pretend you're the terrible person and they're the good one.

You are a classic example of this, coming into this thread with vicious attacks, accusing people of being nasty creatures, and that you're somehow the good one... yet you're the person being horrible to people.

I've seen your posts here for years. Are you aware how horrible you are to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He's a tosser but not as big a tosser as that Tadhg Hickey who does the Twitter sketches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was gonna say hang on a min..back in my younger days we called all our mates and non-mates spastics...it just became a saying...then I realized I'm in my late 40s jesus christ and this was actually back in the 80's and 90's so there's no way he wouldn't have known the reference.

There's no such thing as woke buddy , Just people you see as being different to you .

I'd don't really care how many reregs you've gone through. I pointed to the thread as being nasty toxic and full of vitriol and it seems you internalised that as being you personally. What does this tell you ? It tell me that you think you've contributed to the nasty Ness and signed on this morning to defend your stance .

Are you aware how vitriolic this thread is ? Do you care? Why are you coming at me personally like this thread has the blind boy lad. What do you expect to gain.

Assuming you read the post you're responding to...

I shouldn't be talking to you as we're not peers and it's pointless as you won't understand and don't want to learn anything, but there is a difference between attacking a celebrity for lying to the public and you insulting people here for having a different opinion than you.

This is really basic stuff, so of course you can't grasp it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I used the word " spa " in secondary school, hadn't a clue what it meant, that was early nineties mind you

I actually think Blindboy is right about feminism, women's rights are good things for men but what bothers me is his massive dishonesty about his own upbringing. I posted this elsewhere but it sums it up for me - He went to one of the best, free, secondary schools in Ireland. He grew up about half a mile from it in a pretty middle-class area. By any metric he is a child of extraordinary privilege, even within Ireland. In world terms, most people could never afford what he was given for free by the accident of his birth.

Basically more or less anything he says about his upbringing is untrue, which is fine to a degree, but then he gets ridiculous about identifying with rappers from Compton because they reflected the type of life he knew in Limerick. I mean, that's such a bizarre take, in no way at all does growing up in middle-class Limerick compare or reflect to life growing up in gang controlled parts of LA.

He's just another middle-class bellend tbh. (as to be fair, am I, and I'd say 90% of the posters on this thread)

There's actually really no difference tbh. If you are comfortable being mean nasty and vitriolic to someone one in the public eye then you should be the same level of comfort with your next door neighbor.

You might find tempering how you view personal injustices to yourself may change your interactions with public figures and then your peers.

May I note again. I made a general comment about the thread and you've took it personally on board and are now making it between me and you. That's fine I can talk to you on a peer level because you are a person. I don't stick some mask over your head and label you woke because it's suits me to dehumanise you.

May we meet again without the baggage. X

• Advertisement

No thanks.

I added you to my ignore list on the previous iteration of boards, but they've removed that functionality now (it does nothing) so this website is pretty much unusable now. Not sure how long I'm willing to tolerate seeing posts from people like you.

Advertisement