Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water pipe for tams shed

• 24-08-2021 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

in the department spec for animal housing for tams shed it says u must use pipe to certain standard which is a blue pipe or black pipe with blue stripe. Local co op didn’t have blue pipe in the size I wanted. I got the 1/2 heavy gauge which has blue writing on the side. Is that the correct specification?

also builder propping to put it under floor and have the pipe come up where each of the water Troughs will be. I’d be a bit cautious of putting water connectors under concrete. Would u agree?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Never had and issue with fittings under concrete. Take time to fitting and pressure test before the pour. Once fitting is installed correctly and set in concrete. It's not going to budge.

A friend did a shed recently and ran a single pipe at each drinker. All connections were made in a manhole outside the shed. Bit tough to make fittings in a small space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Tileman

sorry I double posted this thread as it went into cyber space when I first went to load it. so mods please delete either or merge. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭DBK1

It may or may not be correct depending on the manufacturer.

I know Cork Plastics heavy gauge pipe is not possible to be used as it’s made to an older specification.

The specification it has to adhere to is “IS EN 12201”.

Cork Plastics piping is made to specification “IS 1341977”

This is an older spec from 1977. EN12201 is a newer spec from 2011 and it supersedes IS 1341977.

To give you a simple answer the best thing to do is ask the co-op to contact their supplier and confirm in writing or by email that their pipe conforms to specification IS EN 12201.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Tileman

Thanks for reply. It is cork plastic who manufactured it. Think I will bring it back and get the blue piping instead.

I tried to attach pic but it won’t load .

what size is the equivalent in blue piping. 20 mm ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭DBK1

Yep agreed. If there are only 2 or 3 troughs it can be handy enough to just run a pipe to each trough. If there’s a lot of troughs it would be a lot of work.

If fittings are done properly there is no issue with joining them underground. Just make sure the proper “top hat” insert is used in the pipe before it is put into the joiner and the joiner is then properly tightened with a Stilson.

A lot of people don’t even know that inserts exist for the Philmac fittings. The joiners will work fine without them 90% of the time and of above ground that’s ok but for underground insist on the inserts being used. It only takes seconds to put them in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement