Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blindboy cancels himself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

What an absolute fool.

Why are woke people always so dishonest?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Spastic shitehawk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Spastic used to be a medical term if I remember correctly. A person who has spasms.

I dunno. I think he means business. Apparently after he posted this, he sealed up the two eyes and the mouth area on his plastic bag, leaving only two tiny holes for air to get through to his nostrils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Another grifter on the mental health bandwagon.

Can anyone pass the left wing purity test?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Still is. I've met a couple of people who self identify as having variations of spastic paraplegia - their words, not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What a clown he is. Initially a funny novelty act but now a self righteous woke idiot.

Blindboy is an unfunny tool with a massively inflated sense of his own importance. The dude should release a statement about that.

Art.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The old reliables once again on the non-woke bandwagon.

Quelle surprise!

We'll probably see a thread later today about John Cleese and praising him for 'someone finally said it' about a program he is creating for Ch4 on 'Cancel Culture'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sounds good, might give it a look and post about it. Possibly praising him for being the one to finally say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Utter twat, with a vast over inflation of his importance and the fact noone gives a shíte.

Has gone from edgy, to utterly spent and uninteresting with a podcast that did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

TBH, i'm surprised its taken him this long, thought he would have disowned half the rubberbandits back catalogue at this stage. He's so far up his own hole he's probably forgotten about half of them

Horse outside - Animal curelty, anti-traveller

Bag of Glue - glorification of drug use, homophobic video, anti-fat hate

I wanna fight your father - glorifying domestic violence

Double dropping yokes with Eamon De Valera/Willie O'Dea - Anti-FF propoganda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

The bag of glue song was about only being able to have sex with a morbidly obese girl when you are off your head on bags of glue.

Now I know blah blah it's a joke.... but this is is the EXACT problem with being a woke comedian. You either do a South Park and utterly embrace the obnoxiousness of ripping the piss out of fat people, eatin disorders, drug abusers etc, or you 'rise above it'... you totally don't get to have it both ways, and Blindboy, who recently got woke, is now finding this out to his chagrin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,654 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ahh come on TMH, there’s a thing called ‘defending the indefensible’, and the idea that BB wasn’t aware of the connotations of the word spastic in 2010 is laughable. It’s precisely why he used the word, as opposed to any nonsense about it being a “Limerick specific” thing.

At the time when the song was released they were enjoying national recognition and doing rounds on the live gigs circuit. The song like all their other stuff is intended to be subversive, it was never intended to appeal to woke audiences. It’s simply the case that now he’s become somewhat mainstream, people are examining the content of their back catalog through a lens which was never intended.

BB has been unmasked for the great tit he is, so to speak 😂

EDIT: I don’t think it was actually entirely unprompted though -

There's nothing "non-woke" about acknowledging that blindboy is an absolute tosser.

You don't think he's insufferable?

To quote you... "Quelle surprise!"

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

Blindboy is a sharp lad

His podcasts are excellent 😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Such a self righteous ****, i really hoped he had said something worse than this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Blindboy really exposes himself as a dishonest person here. There’s no way he wouldn’t have known what “spastic” meant in 2010.

Is he still doing that inane auld surrealist shïte? Taking about dropping acid with Michael Collins and riding around Mullingar on a bicycle during a full moon? Surrealism is rarely funny, and is desperately unfunny when the likes of Blindboy does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Jayus, it didn't take much for the self righteous begrudging gobsheens to come out, I'm not fan myself and he for sure has a self inflated of his own importance but some of the knife digging here is just plain nasty.

As regards to his songs, they are satire, if you are offended by that I hope you get the help you so clearly need

• Registered Users Posts: 23,654 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cannibal corpse are making a statement later today cancelling the entire chris barnes era

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

He's a twat with a massive ego, nothing has changed since his collage days, with or without the bag....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I'm not offended by his songs. I do think its a cynical move by him to pretty much disown a comedy song he did ten years ago because he thinks that people might get offended by it in todays changed climate, and I think his statement that he didn't know the meaning of the word spastic back then is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

He claims to be a big fan of Flann O’Brien and yet despite constantly trying to ape the great man’s style I always get the sense that Blindboy doesn’t “get” him.

Much like how it took until his mid-20s for Blindboy to get what “spastic” means. Bit slow, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Oh for f*ck's sake, Spastic Hawk is one of the funniest parody songs produced at that time and anyone talking of cancelling it is, ironically, a f*cking spa.

I got a hawkery... That's where you keep hawks

Similar story with Frankie Boyle. I loved him, then I saw him turn into a cruel bully, now he's "enlightened" and embracing the progressive stuff, as if his cruel bully period never took place. Still obnoxious, but it's ok because he has the "right" views. Extremely dishonest, like OM 0000 said.

BB is exceptionally self righteous - that's just a fact, not nastiness for the craic. I didn't find the Rubberbandits funny most of the time (that's just me though) but I don't find his views particularly enlightened either. Fairly obvious, generic, predictable stuff. And inconsistent I think - I remember one time he was going on about how terrible Ireland is, and what "we" do to people. How it's awful for women (I'm a woman, it isn't - it was in the past; nonsensical to compare then to now, much as some like to wallow) but then other times he's practically an "up the RA" head. Make up your mind BB - stop crowd-pleasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,794 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I have never, never heard so much swill emit from a single human being, with such a grossly overinflated estimation of his own worthiness and earnestness, not to mind his own cultural significance.

A truly bizarre incident of mass public hysteria that elevated the composer of a joke tune about welfare culture, which featured on a niche TV show for adolescents, to some sort of honorary position as the nation's consciousness.

And I haven't even mentioned the plastic bag.

Advertisement