Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2021 (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not sure what they could do at this stage that could counteract it. They could bring Becky back which would be big but nothing compared to Punk last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A Cena heel turn would be huge but kind of hard to see how it would work

Finn Balor returning as the Demon as he pissed off at Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Finn Balor returning would have absolutely no klout outside the WWE world to be honest.

It would honestly be a near impossible task due to the length of time Punk was away etc. I actually don’t think I’ve ever seen as much hunger for people wanting to see someone who is still likely able to wrestle at a top level.

Lesnar etc wouldn’t tip the scales.

They should probably go with the flow and concentrate on long-term better booking.

The only ONLY thing o could imagine doing what they’d want would be a Conor McGregor type appearance which ain’t gonna happen anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Becky, Brock, Rock. That's about all they could utilise which says more about the WWE product than anything.

And only Rock coming back would come near to matching that last night.

None are happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There isn't one person connected to the WWE that could hold a live crowd in the palm of their hand for 20 minutes straight of a non scripted promo and leave them wanting more promo time, Hell there is barely anyone there that could hold a live WWE crowds attention for a 20 minute match.

WWE should not try to counter it in any way they need to focus on there own product instead of trying to hotshot old guy returns or celebrity guests to boost numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Any normal business would. But I guess we are talking about wwe here lol.

I can only see two ways of wwe getting better. They either loose to aew financially so much that they are forced to change the product or the company gets sold.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE have already said they will not counter the CM Punk signing. Not that they can anyway. WWE is in the gutter. Just look at the Summerslam card. Awful.

Their biggest match Reigns Cena has the most obvious outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've just read what they've done to the Reigns v Cena match

Why the **** would they even consider doing this, they honestly think their fans are absolutely stupid

I just don't understand what they are thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The whole if Reigns loses the title he'll leave wwe stipulation eh.

Yeah it's silly. I think the loser leaves town is stupid in modern wrestling. Fans know if someone's contract is up and if someone is genuinely leaving they won't go over.

Sure it once had a place in wrestling, especially going back to the territory days, not anymore tho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do WWE not do free trials for the network anymore? I’m not paying for the Summerfest or NXT 36, Samold Joe vs. “I lost my raw debut to Jeff Hardy” Kross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ThePott

No they stopped the free trials sometime back I think. I'm certain you could find another way to Watchwrestling *cough

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rock to return to confront Roman could draw huge

I don’t trust WWE not to tweet out hours in advance that the rock is to appear.

Think they'll save Rock for Survivor Series, 25th Anniversary of his in-ring debut.

12am-Pre show

1am-4.30am- Main show

These BT sports preview shows are odd

The guy presenting looks like he is about burst out laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Big E is going to face Corbin on the preshow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Logan Paul getting booed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are they going to keep showing that moron Logan Paul at ringside all night? And the Cardi B song is dreadful

And apparently John Cena is the GOAT now go and fcuk off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That entrance way is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Riddle is over

Stadium set up is impressive

Christ it will take Goldberg all night to make it to the ring with that entrance way

Stadium is massive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Twitter saying Sasha is off the show.

can't figure how how to do spoiler tags on the new site

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As much as I don’t get his gimmick Matt riddle is over, and Randy orton is a wrestling genius. Good opener that didn’t go on all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

RKO Bro are great.

• Advertisement

I just realised the reason they're putting Alexa against Eva Marie.

Fans will never cheer Eva Marie and they're hoping they'll cheer Bliss because of how hated Eva is. Even though basically everyone hates the Lily/Voodoo stuff.

I can book WWE and I take that as a personal insult.

Advertisement