Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Summerslam 2021 (Contains Spoilers)

• 18-07-2021 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭

First ever Summerslam Saturday night

Card TBC

Rumours are that Bobby Lashley is NEXT

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Seth Rollins vs Edge and

reigns vs Cena seem to be locked in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,506 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How is Cena next for Reigns?

I feel for Cesaro, was hoping his push would continue ending with a world title reign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE following in the footsteps of AEW who have aired there last few PPV's in cinemas in the US and have struck a deal with a chain of US cinemas to air Summerslam in them.

I want a 3 way dance between The Rock, Cena & Goldberg since they are all returning for this.

The Rock to confront Reigns and Usos?

I'd love to see Heyman get Rock Bottomed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah the Rock isn’t returning until Survivor Series at the earliest.

RKBro likely against Styles and Omos for the RAW tag titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Rumors now saying SummerSlam cancelled and wwe will be back to ThunderDome shortly as the Delta variant is becoming a bigger issue.

We shall see....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im pretty sure the take up of vaccines has slowed down in America with only about 60% fully vaccinated and its mostly the red states are not taking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Except WWE did it first a few years ago and the first few wrestlemanias were shown in cinemas.

• Advertisement

Well there’s a reinstatement of mask mandates in Nevada so if WWE do go ahead in Nevada then there’ll be an arena full of people in masks.

Yep latest update is WWE has secured a building for Thunderdome 3.0

Looks like summerfest won’t be the event they thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, that's shíte. Roman/Cena has a big fight feel and a crowd would've been great for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I watched a few WWE PPV's in the cinema while living in Canada in 2001 and 2010 so not really a new thing.

WWE SUMMERSLAM 2021 MATCH CARD

• WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs John Cena
    • WWE Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs Goldberg
    • WWE Raw Women's Championship: Nikki Cross (c) vs Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair
    • WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs Sasha Banks
    • WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The Uso's (c) vs Rey/Dominik Mysterio
    • WWE United States Championship: Sheamus (c) vs Damian Priest
    • Edge vs Seth Rollins

Presumably if wwe are doing that then AEW will have to do the same given they are the same industry and issues with Covid would impact them the same.

I’m sure AEW Have backup plans like WWE it makes sense as the delta variant rips through America.

Card is so meh.

There’s no chance Reigns is losing so where’s the stakes. Oldberg will be 1 and done again after he eats another loss.

The only interesting match is Edge/Rollins even then Edge isn’t the future of this biz.

I love it to end with Big E cashing in on Bobby, winning the Raw title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corbin to cash in. 🤔

Cena referred to it as the grandest stage of them all. Guess Mania has been forgotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Looks like Bianca v Sasha is in doubt as both missed live events over the weekend due to "unforeseen circumstances" which you would assume means they have been impacted by Covid in some way.

Eva Marie vs. Alexa Bliss now added

Match of the night contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just from looking at their tour dates I think AEW have been a bit cuter in their venue selections. Mostly northern states like NY / Penn / Illinois which aren't being as badly affected this time around. The vast bulk of the current cases are in the southern states where vaccination uptake has been lowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Really looking forward to seeing this from an aesthetic point of view in the raiders stadium which is incredible.

Summerslam from now on in a stadium is going to be huge for the company.

WWE trying to get Iron Mike Tyson in for the event and to do voice overs for the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

BT Sports summerslam coverage and content this week has been excellent.

Same with their ufc coverage. Second to none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to the event tonight but after last night's moment on AEW rampage it really has glossd over Summerslam

wwe need to counter act this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not sure what they could do at this stage that could counteract it. They could bring Becky back which would be big but nothing compared to Punk last night.

A Cena heel turn would be huge but kind of hard to see how it would work

Finn Balor returning as the Demon as he pissed off at Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Finn Balor returning would have absolutely no klout outside the WWE world to be honest.

It would honestly be a near impossible task due to the length of time Punk was away etc. I actually don’t think I’ve ever seen as much hunger for people wanting to see someone who is still likely able to wrestle at a top level.

Lesnar etc wouldn’t tip the scales.

They should probably go with the flow and concentrate on long-term better booking.

The only ONLY thing o could imagine doing what they’d want would be a Conor McGregor type appearance which ain’t gonna happen anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Becky, Brock, Rock. That's about all they could utilise which says more about the WWE product than anything.

And only Rock coming back would come near to matching that last night.

None are happening though.

There isn't one person connected to the WWE that could hold a live crowd in the palm of their hand for 20 minutes straight of a non scripted promo and leave them wanting more promo time, Hell there is barely anyone there that could hold a live WWE crowds attention for a 20 minute match.

WWE should not try to counter it in any way they need to focus on there own product instead of trying to hotshot old guy returns or celebrity guests to boost numbers.

• Advertisement

Any normal business would. But I guess we are talking about wwe here lol.

I can only see two ways of wwe getting better. They either loose to aew financially so much that they are forced to change the product or the company gets sold.

WWE have already said they will not counter the CM Punk signing. Not that they can anyway. WWE is in the gutter. Just look at the Summerslam card. Awful.

Their biggest match Reigns Cena has the most obvious outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've just read what they've done to the Reigns v Cena match

Why the **** would they even consider doing this, they honestly think their fans are absolutely stupid

I just don't understand what they are thinking

The whole if Reigns loses the title he'll leave wwe stipulation eh.

Yeah it's silly. I think the loser leaves town is stupid in modern wrestling. Fans know if someone's contract is up and if someone is genuinely leaving they won't go over.

Sure it once had a place in wrestling, especially going back to the territory days, not anymore tho.

Do WWE not do free trials for the network anymore? I’m not paying for the Summerfest or NXT 36, Samold Joe vs. “I lost my raw debut to Jeff Hardy” Kross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭ThePott

No they stopped the free trials sometime back I think. I'm certain you could find another way to Watchwrestling *cough

Rock to return to confront Roman could draw huge

I don’t trust WWE not to tweet out hours in advance that the rock is to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭ThePott

Think they'll save Rock for Survivor Series, 25th Anniversary of his in-ring debut.

12am-Pre show

1am-4.30am- Main show

These BT sports preview shows are odd

The guy presenting looks like he is about burst out laughing

I see Big E is going to face Corbin on the preshow

Logan Paul getting booed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are they going to keep showing that moron Logan Paul at ringside all night? And the Cardi B song is dreadful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

And apparently John Cena is the GOAT now go and fcuk off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement