Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to the UK from Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I see this late, but I was in belfast twice in the last week, and had no problems, in the restaurants and bars i wasnt ask my covid cert and in only 2 places i was asked for contact detiails, overall very relaxed in belfast I found,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Cheers, I might as well share in case it helps anyone else.

I went up via the train from Dublin and stayed overnight. (Got the PCR test as per the website)

Wasn't asked to show anything other than a ticket on the train up or back

Wasn't asked to show anything in the hotel

Wasn't asked to show anything other than contact details when grabbing food

When I went into the Stadium the steward glanced at the PCR test result, I was about to zoom in to show him the date and the result which was off screen and he waved me through.

So yeah seems pretty relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

In UK now and trying to do locator form for return trip. I am supposed to enter a mobile number to which they send a code but nothing arrives, tried 'resend' and tried a UK mobile number and same issue. It does not seem to like it if I say 'no mobile no' and request code to be sent to email address. Ok this arrived but could not proceed with filling out the form... still wants a mobile no. I have tried both ways of putting number with including or leaving off the initial zero of number.

What do people do who do not have mobiles or wifi/email?

Any ideas? I do not think they paper forms were available when I returned in to Dublin last time in June. That was an option last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

00353 ?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Nope not that :)

but thanks for suggestion.

• Advertisement

Sorted by using another household member's mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭santana75

Much appreciated thanks. So basically what they're saying is travelling from Ireland to UK = No vaccine, no test. Travelling from Uk to Ireland = Vaccine or test.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

I travelled Dublin to Bristol last week

Dublin to Bristol - I uploaded my Covid vaccine passport to my Ryanair boarding pass, but not sure if it was even checked. As part of common travel area. Didn't even go through passport control in Bristol it was skipped as coming from Ireland.

Bristol to Dublin - I had the same vaccine passport uploaded to boarding pass. Locator form filled out. Nothing was checked apart from my passport when I went through passport control in Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

I'm fully vaxed and travelling from Ireland to Portugal for a weeks holiday. I'll then be home for two days before flying from Ireland to the UK to visit family.

I see that Portugal is on the UK's amber list and those returning from Portugal to UK need to a test on arrival and 2 days after arrival even if vaccinated.

Will travelling back to Dublin for a few days negate the need to do a test before arriving into the UK, or will Ryanair pass on details that I've flown with them to Portugal and the UK within a couple of days.

I really don't want to have to waste money on more tests over what is essentially Brexit anti-EU nonsense when I will be fully vaxed.

Has anyone travelled in a similar manner in recent weeks?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

>Will travelling back to Dublin for a few days negate the need to do a test before arriving into the UK

No. You need to be in Ireland for 10 days before travelling to the UK to avoid paying for a PCR test.

>will Ryanair pass on details that I've flown with them to Portugal and the UK within a couple of days.

No, I don't believe that Ryanair pass on any details.

• Advertisement

So realistically it's an honesty policy as the British authorities won't know that I've been in Portugal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I was asked on arrival in a UK airport last month if I'd been in any country other than Ireland in the past 10 days. Wouldn't risk lying tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

What airport are you flying to in UK? When I flew into Bristol, we did not have to go through passport control as we were coming from Ireland/Northern Ireland/Channel Islands so there was nobody there to ask you "have you travelled to any country other than Ireland in the past 10 days"... could be different in other airports though.

I've always had to go through passport control in Bristol despite coming from Ireland, at least 5 times? On one occasion I arrived at the same time as a friend flying from Edinburgh. Saw them outside the terminal, then inside the Edinburgh flight was waved on and Dublin sent through passport control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Similar situation to the above poster. Flying to Liverpool tomorrow morning for the weekend but only arrived home from Spain 8 days ago.

I'm fully vaccinated but just realised this morning that officially I will need a negative test to go to UK and another one over there as I've been in an Amber list country in the last 10 days.

Not sure what to do, who is going to ask me have I been in another country in the last ten days? At passport control in the UK would they be aware I've been in an Amber list country and demand to see a negative test?

Get the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭JimmyChew

Travelled Shannon to Gatwick and return a few day later. checked, double checked then triple checked all Covid certs, PLF both Gov websites the days leading up to the trip... All in all I showed my DCC and PFL once during the entire trip and that was to a passport control box in Shannon on a wet Wednesday night. Not scrutinized in any way shape or form, I could have showed him the back of a cereal box and i would have been waved through.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

What has Brexit got to do with it? Up until the Covid Passport we’ve required everyone coming from the U.K. to have a negative PCR test whereas they continued to uphold the CTA. 🤦‍♂️

Well if it wasn't for Brexit the Brits would have the EU passport and fully vaccinated travellers like myself could visit Spain/Portugal a couple of days before visiting the UK without the need for pointless tests.

They’ve got a Covid passport and it’s recognised across the EU.

How are PCR test pointless? We’ve required them from there and other countries in and out of the EU up until very recently.

Other EU countries have imposed specific restrictions on other countries as well.

Nothing you’re moaning about is Brexit related.

Or did we Exit as well and all of us but you missed it?

🤦‍♂️

• Advertisement

Other EU countries have not imposed specific restrictions on EU countries.

'👎🤐😱🧐🤭🤫🙈🍆💦'

There have been plenty of closed borders by EU countries to other EU countries during the pandemic.

The EU passport has an emergency break provision in it for exactly that reason!

You’re conveniently ignoring my point that we imposed these exact restrictions on the U.K. when they upheld the CTA! For 7 months AFTER Brexit!! And we still require the passport or PCR test and a PLF yet they don’t we just stroll in!

Just get the test or don’t go! Your Brexit rants just make you look ridiculous.

👊💦💦

No EU on EU restrictions since the introduction of vaccine certs.

'Brexit Rant'? Do you mean one small half of a sentence that was part of a larger post?

The only person who looks ridiculous is you and your childish emojis.

W⚓

😂 your entire point in your post was ‘if it wasn’t for Brexit you wouldn’t have to get a test’. At this point I’m gonna leave you to it. Yet another chancer who says something then acts like they didn’t! I’m not a mental health doctor so can’t help ya!! 😂😂😂

And you’re childish emoji wanker signs say all we need to know about ya! Low post joker! 😂😂

may the ignore function finally works on the mobile site! Result! won’t have to read any more made up drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You make a legal declaration as part of your passenger locator form to enter the UK. If you want to lie, of course you can, is it worth the risk for the sake of 50£.....I don't think so..

Post edited by whomitconcerns on

Exactly this!

The PLF on the return from U.K. will have to mention the visit to Portugal to come back here, if it doesn’t then they’ll get found out here too and if it does it’ll get found out in the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Flying to London Gatwick from Dublin tomorrow. Do I have to fill any UK passenger locator form?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Not vaccinated and won't be for a while yet.

Flying to London in a few weeks from Dublin (as I understand it this trip is hassle free)

Flying back to Dublin after 2 days there. Anyone have any experience of what is required? Negative test taken in London?? All in all the trip will be less than 72 hours so unsure what to do. Thanks.

Post edited by jmlad2020 on

• Advertisement

Negative PCR test, then self isolate, then another pcr test after 5 days, which if negative means you are free to move around again.

Advertisement