Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Myth: Wu Kong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

really squeezing the juices out of Unreal 4. It looks fantastic though and i'm super interested in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Looks fun, I wonder how often you can change to other forms? some of the clips I've seen saw the players only change maybe 1-2 times, didn't seem like you can just chage form whenever you feel like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

A new trailer has dropped for Chinese New Year. It still looks incredible, but I refuse to get my hopes up that this will be in any way indicative of the final game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ah ffs. I knew there was a thread for this but Search Nouveau gave me **** all. 🙄

• Advertisement

Yeah I tried search too but couldn't find it so went through each page in the Games forum to find it as I knew there was already a thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tbh use Google to search, it at least works :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah tbh I’ve always used Google to search for old threads, well before the recent change - just makes life that bit easier!

Hopefully the ongoing work will improve internal search though.

8 minutes of gameplay and in game cutscene

----

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Reviews for this seem generally positive, though with a few mixed opinions out there too. Definitely sounds like the stuff outside the boss fights isn't great.

Apparently there was no PS5 code sent out to reviewers, only PC (where it's supposedly quite heavy). So definitely sounds like it'd be a good idea to hold off until release to see how the performance there is.

https://opencritic.com/game/17160/black-myth-wukong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would it be fair to describe this as a boss rush game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I really want to pull the trigger on this day1 , reviews seem to indicate it lives up to the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

only started the game, but after 20 minutes the invisible walls are already a pain..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't underestimate how big PC gaming is in China. This game is the biggest single player game ever on steam and 88% of players are Chinese.

Yep, 2 million plus concurrent players this afternoon Irish time, but down to a tenth of that now that most of China is asleep (still a very healthy western launch). There’s a massive market there, and it’s rare still for any kind of ‘AAA’ game of this type to be aimed directly at the Chinese market.

Very reasonable and thorough review from Katherine Castle on Eurogamer. Based on this and the DF analysis, definitely sounds like a technical showcase that maybe ended up a bit restricted gameplay-wise due to the focus on ultra-fidelity.

https://www.eurogamer.net/black-myth-wukong-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was interested in this, then lost all interest when it was deemed a "souls like" game, but now that reviews are out and it's just a good old fashioned action combat game my interest has come back. Will leave it until next week at least, purely as I don't have time to play anything this weekend. But then it's running up against star wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm in the same boat, thought it was a soulslike but hearing its more like God of War is getting my interest. May take a splash on it.

Unsurprising given the secrecy around the console launch, but Digital Foundry says the performance on PS5 is a mess.

There’s a solid 60 FPS mode, but it’s using frame gen from 30, so the latency is apparently really bad and doesn’t feel like 60. Which is a real killer for a fast-paced action game.

Image quality isn’t the worst other than the FSR movement breakup, though it is naturally a downgrade from PC in a few regards. Definitely a PC game if it’s an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Yeah, I'm really glad I watched that Digital Foundry video because I was really close to buying it. The lag on the 60fps mode is a real killer (for me).

• Advertisement

Yeah supposedly it actually feels worse than playing at 30 FPS because you have additional latency due to the frame generation process.

Sounds like 120hz support and a 40 FPS mode would go a long way to addressing some of these issues for anyone with 120hz compatible tvs. But lots of work to be done for 60hz displays too, including a 30 FPS mode with a properly implemented frame cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Interested in this but think I'll wait until they sort the PS5 performance out. Hopefully be a disc version by then too

Oh, there's no physical release... well, there is, but its a code in the box. And reading up on it, it sounds unlikely to get one unless there's massive demand over this side of the pond. Ah well, that's me out. Will wait for a sub inclusion.

I am genuinely **** at this game...😂 can't even beat the 2nd boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

How hard / frustrating are the story bosses ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I watched my friend in his house and he nearly broke the controller! He'd be better then me but he say's you level up even when you lose so eventually it becomes easier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That bastard took me ages as well, eventually got him 🙄.

I know it's all about timing your dodges etc but I'm just a hack n slash player 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

F**t that so 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 yappersmiths

Looks interesting, want to try it out sometime in the future. Kinda new to Souls-like games, so I'm worried about the difficulty of the game

I've a mate who is trying to convince me its the best of both GoW meets Soulslike. And that has me intrigued, but im still gonna wait for physical, if it ever happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Also defo wait until you get the Pro, hopefully it will help with the performance issues.

Duly noted!

Advertisement