Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Vuelta - Stage 6: Requena to Alto de la Montaña de Cullera (158.3km)

Options
  • 19-08-2021 11:40am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A chance of some excitement today but we may have to wait until the very end to get it. Before then we might get some nice footage of the Spanish east coast once they pass through Valencia. Roglic is understandably the favourite. Yates has looked good in the only climbing we've have had before now so he might challenge. It's also a chance for Bernal to lay down a marker if he has the form so the last 2km should be interesting.

Paddy Power

• Roglic 9/4
    • Valverde 6/1
    • Yates 9/1
    • Schachmann16/1
    • Bagioli 20/1
    • Bernal 22/1

Top 3 of the Velo League - https://www.velogames.com/spain/2021/leaguescores.php?league=866227521

1. Squeaky the BB Mouse - Enfilades
    2. Big Guns - Big Guns
    3. AG2Badger - MangleBadger

Sorry rebelsafc. A temporary lapse I'm sure :) By the way I don't want to step on anyone's toes with these stage threads. I'll generally wait until late morning and if nobody else has done it I'll chip in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

be nice to see a bit of greenery for a change instead of scorched brown and long straight roads.

Listening to Bardet there in an interview his English is very good. Surprised me given he's been on a French team most of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Why are Bikexchange riding on the front? Surely the finish is too hard for Matthews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Carlton "road furniture is all over the roads now a days"

Sean "the engineers that design roads definitely don't consider bike racing"

had to laugh...that would be good

Carthy is fecked here

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought he might have been stuck in too low a gear but from what I could see it looked fine.

Great stuff by Cort,

Roglic sitting up to give him the win?

I need to see it again but it definitely crossed my mind. Criticism from last year probably on his mind but he was well within his rights to go for that.

Maybe not sitting up, but not full gas to go for the stage win once he saw he had a gap on the others behind

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Great finish. Delighted for Cort.Matthews gave it a fair crack. Can't see anyone come near Roglic over the next two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Roglic was by far the strongest up that climb. He did his best not to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Morris Garren

Aside from the exciting finish, Adam Blythe's 'Austin Powers' without-socks ensemble alongside Orla in her micro-mini skirt and flailing hair had me say... OH BEHAVE, BABY! The dog is looking at me funny here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I think Bernal is looking good as yesterday's climb didn't suit him but he limited his losses very well. I think if Ineos can focus on 2 leaders then today could be good for them but there tactics are a bit all over the place.

Advertisement