Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens when a hypocrite gets a dose of their own medicine?

Comments

Did this messed up boards migration open a hidden door to the pits of Hell?

I am not an egg.

I have eaten some eggs in my time, though. I like a scrambled egg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭sporina

i'm not sure the OP understands the meaning of the word "hypocrite" 😬

I can't even remember her name.

TBH she was pretty tame relatively speaking, still a c**t, but tame by typical c**t standards.

But ya'll are focusing on the wrong part of the story.

It's not about the cooze being a cooze and doing what cooze does, that's just another day at the office.

It was the response of the cooze being exposed (which, with all the white knight a$$holes knocking around, is an almost unheard of event).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I'd reckon JJJ has the hump because he was the only lad in the office the cooze floosey, didnt invite, into her jacuzzi

lol - why do I feel so compelled to keep this conversation going?

No matter, lets assume all my chips are on the table at this point.

First, she wasn't a flooze, she had a consultancy role with one of the largest contracting firms in that hemisphere.

She was an ego-tripper, validation freak, empowerment hungry cooze (not flooze).

She tried to flirt with me and section me off with all other mindless swinging d**ks she had around her finger, but used to get seriously insulted when she'd realized she'd have more success turning water into wine.

Again, the point was seeing that harlotry back fire into her face (which, if she was dealing with 99.999% of the white knight a$$hole population, would never happen).

It was just a curious moment in space and time like, "worm holes do exist", "magic can happen" type of feeling.

Honestly too enigmatic for posters here to even comprehend I suspect.

Ya'll have been too conditioned to conventions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Op I have no idea what you're on about with the cooze story (and could care even less)

I'm talking about post #1, you said

I can't give details but essentially I thought his brain was going to melt

So - we're going to need details, spill...

• Advertisement

I seriously doubt this will make any impression but it was written specifically addressing "hypocrisy".

Plus signed under 120 bpm, one of my favorite deep-house labels so I guess I feel inclined to communicate the knowledge through teh music.

"A morally bankrupt b1tch.... a hypocrite...." - lol.

Love it ❤️

What was she actually doing. And why was she a “Cooze”. Or a “harlot”. Also how was she exposed. Exactly. Specifics

also. When did you realise you loved her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Could you please elaborate on why "everyone" expects a receptionist to be a slut?

Think very carefully before you type your reply.

To thine own self be true

I tried to block you just now but your profile is set to pvt which means I can't.

I guess that's something boards IT staff will have to look at.

How was she exposed:

The dude, truck manager, dude was a playboy. At the time I'd no idea how or why or what he had going on that made women go weak for him, but he had that.

She played the harlot, and then seemed to get terribly ashamed when a dude she actually liked treated her like a harlot (go figure).

It's that simple.

I know your comprehension skills are questionable at best. Just sit with it, let it percolate and eventually you'll figure it out... maybe.

But if not, seek council elsewhere and hopefully boards.ie IT will have this blocking-other-profiles issue sorted in timely fashion.

I thought I gave specifics.... 'ish.

I can't be too specific but basically as outlined.

It seemed to have an actual profound affect on the dude - life changing almost.

Be more specific about what specifics you want - ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

• Advertisement

1:01:55

Wouldn't be too far off I guess.

But I'll let Eric Weinstein answer on my behalf.

"In the civilian world, we are all wildly sexually hypocritical. It's the way it's always been.... "

PS - Reiley Reid is trailer trash (no offense if you're reading sweetie)

Gal, slut, cooze and dude along with BS stories and a misplaced sense of superiority. At least you’re one thing that’s remained the same after the forum migration.

If you stop all the furious masturbation, get some exercise and eventually swap your whores for a girlfriend, you might be okay.

It’d do you some good, really. It would do everyone some good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This is the worst thread ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Are we allowed to report a thread on the grounds of it being a complete and utter turd? OP deserves carding for wasting people's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I think you're being a little unfair to op, he's trying so hard to tell his story but is having difficulty articulating the main components.

Besides, I still want to hear about the events of post 1

tsk tsk. Blocking people with simple questions. Also I don’t think I’m the one needing “council”.

what do you mean “acting the harlot”. Specifics man. You said I was naive earlier for suggesting she was merely flirtatious. It’s not clear what the other guy did to “treat her like a harlot”.

What strange 19C world you live in, full of harlots and “coozes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

What's hypocritical about the girl's behaviour? Do you understand the definition of hypocrisy?

Alright, enlighten me Mr Chomsky.

I'm prepared for your wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Hypocrites are great though, you either agree with what they do or what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I'm getting old and stupid, I managed to read all the posts in this thread and wouldn't have a clue what's going on here :D

OP, it depends on whether they have taken the Hypocrite's oath. Now, some that have taken the oath will nevertheless go on to harm themselves by prescribing large doses of adderall and such, which is against the oath, but ONLY if they don't tell anyone and the head nurse doesn't notice. Others that have taken a dose of their own medicine actually report being more focused at work. So it's very much a mixed bag and outcomes on the individual level are difficult to predict with any certainty.

It makes more sense if you read the thread from finish to start.

• Advertisement

The Hypocrite's oath:

"As night follows day and my hypocrisy is evident in plain site, I will nail my colours to the flag and go on radio to say how I'm the oppressed one, and associations like the land league would come to my aid. I will alway do 110% to be that woke virtue signaling justice warrior. As a TD, I will always shout down the opposition at the earliest opportunity on programs like Saturday view and tv prime time. I will of course be best buddies withe same oppoi TDs in Buswells hotel the next day" "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,198 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So this hot young wan was a hypocrite because she was riding around but wouldn't ride the OP?

Is this one of these "incel" things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s one of the “weirdest” things I’ve ever read on boards.

It certainly gives the AH scat mongers thread a run for it's money as worst thread ever.

lol - this thread is dying a slow death.

I think clearly posters here are so conditioned to female sexual leverage as being the norm, they simply can't come to terms with idea that some hottie herself actually got played..... by a man, no less.

The ultimate oxymoron.

"Brain cannot compute" is the feeling I'm getting.

I have no idea who she actually dropped her undergarments for, I assume the dork whizz kid, probably cause he was at the top of the money and status ladder in that environ.

The point is she was playing every swinging d**k in the office = all is right with the world = standard for herself.

She got played herself by some enigmatic playboy = contemptible and condemned it outright = standard for others.

i.e. two different standards, exactly the same behaviour:

That's what you call a "double standard".

"Hypo" = under/below

"Critique" = to judge, pass judgement on.

"Hypo-crisy" = an underhanded form of judgement = immoral = a double standard.

i.e. she was a hypocrite, and when she got a dose of her own medicine (i.e. was subjected to the same behavior she subjected others to on a daily basis);

She went nuclear and evacuated herself from the environment.

My point was she should have done us all a favor and evacuated herself from the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

What did truck driver man say or do to her?

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

You wan't to know about hypocrisy .......take a look at Kabul.

I have no idea why that's funny but essentially, you are absolutely correct.

Hypocrisy extrapolated from a personality to a political level (same concept, larger scale) results in extremest and extremely destructive behavior.

The plague of humanity in many respects, cause we're all predisposed to it.

We all want to feel good about our lives; attention, a (deluded) sense of empowerment, validation, authority/grandeur, whatever you want to call it - all contribute to that (albeit destructively - but it's the path of least resistance vs accepting responsibility, developing oneself into a better person and leading a productive life).

The entire basis of Sharia and Islamic culture in general is essentially a means to try and reconcile their own emotional instability; there's a heavy emphasis on treatment of women (forcing them to cover up, throwing acid in their face etc., oppressing their sexual leverage), as reconciling said instability is based in biologically/genetically predisposed female sexual authority.

The "gender gap" is essentially its characterization.

Point being - it's terrible what's happening there and its entire basis is in this cultural/cognitive malfeasance.

• Advertisement

As far as I know he just expressed an interest in her sexually.

The difference was she was playing all the other horny idiots, but cause this dude was a Casanova, she actually genuinely liked him.

i.e. she didn't like getting treated like the harlot she was so determined of convincing everyone she was.

Ironic.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭jj880

I think most posters on boards (myself included) like their definitions to be tight and not interchangeable with other terms. In my mind a hypocrite is someone who voices their faux outrage about another person's behaviour BEFORE being caught out behaving the same way.

What you are trying to describe (I think) is more like karma, comeuppance or someone getting a taste of their own medicine.

Your language in general confuses me though. You sound like a character from the Wolf Of Wall Street script that got cut. Cooze, period, big ass job, world class bank, dude was a playboy, swinging dicks.

I hope you have more stories tho. I find them oddly entertaining.

What you're describing is called "semantics", which means "signify" - i.e. what a word alludes to applied in a specific context.

i.e. can have a variety of interpretations.

Genuine word meaning, indisputable, is found in "etymology", actual word origin.

I guess I'm as well to keep quoting it:

[quote]

The point is she was playing every swinging d**k in the office = all is right with the world = standard for herself.

She got played herself by some enigmatic playboy = contemptible and condemned it outright = standard for others.

i.e. two different standards, exactly the same behaviour:

That's what you call a "double standard".

"Hypo" = under/below

"Critique" = to judge, pass judgement on.

"Hypo-crisy" = an underhanded form of judgement = immoral = a double standard.

i.e. she was a hypocrite, and when she got a dose of her own medicine (i.e. was subjected to the same behavior she subjected others to on a daily basis);

She went nuclear and evacuated herself from the environment.

[/quote]

Honestly I had no idea after-hours standards were so high but, I guess when it comes to a sensitive topic like this, "hypocrisy" (which so many of us are ourselves are guilty of), I guess said "definitions" as you say, must be....... unimpeachable.

🤪

Jebus I can't even insert quote boxes anymore.

I'm seriously beginning to second guess this new platform.

A hypocrite isn't somebody who gets a taste of their own medicine. A hypocrite is somebody who condemns the very behaviour that they practice themselves.

Can't you get that into your head?

"A hypocrite is somebody who condemns the very behavior that they themselves practice"

i.e. one standard for themselves (being a proponent of said behavior, using it to their advantage or for their own gain, financial/status/empowerment/leverage/ego)

Another standard for everyone else (condemning the very same behavior = judging others in a very underhanded manner, "hypo" - under, "critique" - to judge = hypocrite).

aka "double standard".

Are we all in agreement on this matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭NiceFella

So essentially the chap in the anecdote who left town wasn't even a hypocrite. He just had his head pure wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭jj880

I see what you are getting at but not in the case of the behaviour being directed back to the person who is behaving the same. I would use the word hypocrite for someone gurning about similar behaviour by another person directed at someone else besides the hypocrite themselves.

Coooozeprende?

The last couple posts here really make me question the long term affect of supposedly benign alcohol culture on the Irish populous cognitive function.

They say it's harmless.

The incomprehensible jibberish I've just read suggests otherwise.

Mod - Thread is descending into personal abuse and it will be closed and cards handed out if this continues.

Discuss the topic of the thread or don't post

• Advertisement
Advertisement