Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There will be a rise in incel related terror attacks

• 15-08-2021 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

The modern world is brutal - I guarentee we will see more incels attack as the next generation feel the brunt of this toxic sexualised superficial and vapid society we live in

got to be tall

got to be attractive

got to be intelligent

got to be neurotypical

got to be funny

got to be successful

got to have a great dick

got to be great in bed

got to have many options

only then are you human and worthy of being loved. It must truly be brutal for the younger generation, it's over for most of us. just lol at not having status in 2021. I can't enjoy anything anymore - watching sport all I can think about is the adoration and love that these people receive. The status pill is brutal. Everything I see about the modern dating world is miserable and depressing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

Is that you, Chad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Think incels just had too high a standard. Usually they're socially awkward, overweight and unhealthy, nothing to talk about other than their right wing (as in try to blame others for their situation like foreigners, black people, jewish people, women etc), negative outlook, no job and live at home and suffering from depression. But they expect to have their pick of supermodels who are socially outgoing, beautiful, slim, successful, virgins, but completely submissive to the 'incel', cover up in public but a complete slut in bed but will cook and tidy the house. A cross between their mom and a sex slave

They'll call people like Taylor swift "fat", complain about "thots" and usually want a Japanese wife for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I was thinking the same. Something will have to be done about the incel thing sooner or later. For now nobody really takes the problem seriously

There is no such thing as a "school for scoundrels" like in the 2005 film. Lets say some incel lad wants to change his ways, is there any outlet for them? The online forums are full of putrid vitriol and reading them will only worsen their situation. I've seen worse looking fellas than the Plymouth lad manage to find a beour for themselves so that tells me the problem exists mostly in their own head.

There must be a way to pair up a good share of the women who don't bother trying to find anyone anymore & just spend their days knitting in their hobbit house with the incels.

Western governments were allegedly able to deprogram indoctrinated islamists and jihadists, so the same should work for these lads.

Not to mention China's 'thought transformation' camps.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-china-48667221

Will the 'incel' movement become another imagined enemy like the 'rise of the far right' scaremongering.

• Advertisement

Same type of dickheads with the same problem can't get the leg over

The world really has not managed to escalate at the same rate your threads have. Which on the one hand is a relief for the rest of us. But on the other hand really makes me feel for you. If _ anyone _ in this world needs to get laid it is you. And I genuinely wish you well.

So non existent then. Since there is no 'far right' in Ireland.

I thought this was gonna be a quote from some social analyst but it's just "I guarantee" and "there will be" from someone on Boards.

No a man doesn't "have to" be all those things seeing as there are countless men who don't tick all those boxes and are in relationships.

And why do people talk about those who are involuntarily celibate as if this is a new thing.

They do, but they have the same success with the electorate as they do getting the leg over. If they did they wouldn't spend so much time rereging on here to complain

• Advertisement

Yeah, a match made in heaven. :D

I don't think either would be interested in each other.

When you apply this list to the actual real world, you will find that 99.99% of it is bullshit. Being funny helps, being good in bed requires equal participation from the other person

I think I have had enough exposure to lads around my area where I have enough anecdotes built up to talk absolute crap. But I reckon I can translate most of the INCEL language.

"got to be tall"

I spend a lot of time sitting on my couch with a games controller in my hand and I am sick of looking up at people who come into my sphere as they keep standing over me looking down.

"got to be attractive"

If I like someone who does not like me - that means I am not attractive - because I literally have no idea how human attraction works.

"got to be intelligent"

I am talking crap as an INCEL which makes people feel I am dumb - but I have not yet realized that the INCEL play book is stultifying nonsense that just makes me look dumb.

"got to be neurotypical"

Ooooo I just learned a buzz word and I can use it as an excuse for not trying at anything ever.

"got to be funny"

I have not done much with my life so I do not actually have any interesting anecdotes to play with when I meet normal people.

"got to be successful"

I should check my privilege that I get to sit around doing nothing with most of my life but somehow still have enough income to sit here and talk crap - but somehow people working minimum wage jobs have better sex lives than I do.

"got to have a great dick"

I have never managed to reach a point where anyone has ever even _ seen _ anything inside my underwear - but somehow I am already of the opinion they are going to be disappointed by it.

"got to be great in bed"

See above. But I am great in bed. I can sleep better than most. Despite somehow not doing much except putting food in my mouth over and over without actually ever leaving the house.

"got to have may options"

Options? Like what? Get off the couch / stay on the couch? I go with option 2 every time. Environmental you know - reduce reuse recycle. I opt for reduce - as in reduce any and all ways to expend any energy doing anything at all. Like. Ever.

That is some 'rise'. Another bogeyman to legitimise the likes of Antifa.

So I am an 'incel' because I don't believe the so called 'far right' exists in Ireland and I don't support so called 'Antifa'?

Why keep going for the same type of bitchy women? They are only attracted to that type, which isn't all women.

Im trying to imagine what a terror attack of incels would be like.

The image in my mind is - - messy. And quite terrifying.

But - I am pretty sure - it will be over quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Most of the Taliban are incel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

ISIS was largely an incel movement. Especially the foreign fighters. It was a bunch people tarred as failures by their communities because nobody would marry them. There's huge pressure on Muslim young lads to be married by their early 20s and one night stands are not a thing in those communities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You’re not actually telling anyone anything they didn’t know already OP. Throughout history terrorists have been motivated by seeking to punish society for what they perceive as a failing of society rather than holding themselves accountable for their own behaviour.

It’s an excuse, nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Angry people being radicalised by the interweb is not new. We all seek out what convinces us we are right. Time was it was terrorism to be alarmed about, now it's anyone with a beef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

No Islamic State is not "largely an incel movemment". Dafuq is this ****!

@[Deleted User] there have been a number of incel motivated/related attacks in recent years. Most recently in Plymouth UK.

OP, you can't guarantee a rise in incel related attacks....unless you are an incel and are planning one.

The foreign fighters from the likes of the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium were absolute losers. Single males, virginity in-tact, unpopular in school, mediocre family name, no career prospects etc.

Anyone that generally joins or align themselves to be extremist movements ISIS, Antifa, White Nationalist groups, are generally losers in life, just looking for a cause and blaming the world for them being losers. There's never self analysis. Its always somebody else to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Eclectic Econometrics

The Asian wife infatuation is due to perceived subservience, which you mentioned before. I have seen someone say they want an Asian wife on this site in one of the weekly "I'm just asking a question so we can all be racist" threads.

The internet is full of rabbitholes. I have been curating my YouTube for years and yet I am still being presented with right wing garbage regularly. I don't know if the word sympathize is correct in relation to incels and antivaxxers etc. but I do 100% understand how they end up where they do. You look around and think how some societal issues have come about and the answer is because someone is making money on the presentation of advertising to this audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

It's a different level of self hate when the racists want to marry another race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That's a tad dramatic OP. Thankfully we rarely see incidents like the one in America where an incel went into a gym and shot a load of women. If you're going to maintain that sort of negative outlook then it inevitably becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I understand what you are trying to get at but it's far too simplistic to say thats why people join Islamic State. You don't sustain a global Jihadist organisation by recruiting "losers".

What I hope you are suggesting is that people out there who have not identified their place in society, seek opportunities (whatever appeals to them) which is what they do.

You are completely correct and I would agree that influence from the likes of QAnon, Boogaloo Bois, Antifa, Supremacist and incels etc manipulate and seek the mal adjusted, directionless and easily led individuals into their ranks. I would describe them as "moderate anti-establishment" individuals whose allegiance may flip flop over time. These groups provide an outlet for rebellion, having your voice heard, "upsetting the current world order" and generally just acting like spoiled children.

Islamic extremist organisations just attract a completely different animal, I think thats where we disagree. However, there are common characteristics to be found among those who are liable to join either grouping.

But you are categorically wrong about the motivations of Foreign Terrorist Fighters.

• Advertisement

Did they have any children after their suicide mission?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Y’know, if I’d been challenged to pick a poster who might type that, you’d have been right at the top of a list of one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭PicardWithHair

Gas the way people will complain about the imaginary far right in Ireland yet defend the absolute scumbags that make up antifa.

<edit cant post links, IT article about antifa luas attack >

I went to school with one of those scrotes, he could have gone either way,far right or far left, he wasn't the most open minded chap and quite racist and homophobic too - but this fits the narrative so all good.

Post edited by PicardWithHair on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Do incels actually exist in the real world? Moral panic for the internet age.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,503 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Post edited by Esel on

Not your ornery onager

People who are involuntarily celibate? Of course they exist. And always have.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Yet more proof of my theory that there are few things that can't be cured by a good ride.

We humans think we are a lot smarter than what we are. Ultimately everything we do, the very core reason of why we do anything is to enhance our ability to mate.

I am watching Cricket right now. Why do men like playing sport so much? To beat the other person? Why? To become dominant over them? Why? To become the alpha male? Why? Because the alpha male will mate with more women.

The Taliban are roaming through Afghanistan now, full of young single males, conquering cities. Why are they so enthusiastic? To gain personal recognition, To dominate others and become a dominant figure. Why? To get themselves a wife or wives.

Absolute nonsense, every single letter you typed is absolute nonsense.

Your particular motivations in life are not applicable to everyone else's.

I'm obviously only posting this as it increases my chances of mating. Have you got a Youtube channel by any chance?

You Sir, are bananas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah a lot of those guys have three or four wives

• Advertisement

Just more excuse making really - and the kind of navel gazing that requires not looking around the real world and seeing most people of all shapes sizes and types are pairing off all the time. Are some people left on the outside of this and remain single - sure they are. But the vast majority of people - tall and short - thin and morbidly obese - and more are all pairing off every day.

Sitting around doing nothing but moan about the genetic hand of cards you have been dealt is an option of course. I was certainly that person myself 20 or so years ago. Man I was miserable. All the time. And I blamed this on my genes. My siblings and wider circle of acquaintances all being better than me. The entire female gender wanting things I specifically did not have (money and height and so forth).

I even blamed things that were ridiculous like you do. Like penis size. How could penis size be causing any issue if you are not even getting to the stage anyone is actually seeing your penis? Basically the only person penis size was affecting was me. It was not affecting anyone else - their choices - or their impression of me. How could it? But it still seemed like an issue in my confused brain at the time like it is in yours.

In the end I copped myself on and got off the couch and I bettered myself. Will that work for everyone? Probably not. Will a person know until they try? Of course not. And even if it had not worked and I remained a forever single Incel it would not have mattered. Because doing it still make me feel better about myself - happier with life in general - and basically all around improved in my health abilities and well being. And it put me in a place where other men who needed help of guidance were able to come to me and I was able to help them improve themselves too.

And none of the things I can not change about myself - like my penis size or height - have come into any of that.

It was certainly better than sitting around imagining incels so demented by their single-hood that they are going to cause terror acts in greater and greater numbers.

jmlads post above strikes me as mostly nonsense too. But one thing not entirely nonsense is the guidance we give our children. I think the whole "boys are not being taught to be men" is somewhat nonsense - as this whole men/women division is not as clear as people like to pretend. I have asked on a few threads in a few areas of forums what it even means to "be a man" or "real man" or "man up" and no one was able to answer - or the answers they give were how to be a good person regardless of your gender. I hold out little hope anyone on this thread will be able to do much better there.

But even if the idea of "teaching boys to be men" is nonsense - what teaching and guidance are we giving them and to what end? I think that certainly can be looked at and questioned. The recent Joe Rogan interview with Jason Wilson is wonderful for example. And what is Wilson teaching boys? Almost how not to be men in terms of how they treat their emotions given the history of how men have been there. He is teaching them things like martial arts. But he is also teaching them how to cry and express their emotions and love and nurturing side and recognise they can be just as nurturing as men and fathers as any woman can. Are the people who want "boys to be men" and have "masculine traits" including crying - being in touch with their emotions - and being nurturing and caring? If not - then their impression of what it means to "be a man" is much different to mine. What are these "masculine traits" women are developing exactly???

So let's by all means improve the guidance we give boys. I am all for that. But let's be careful with what we think "teach them to be men" actually means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

We have a self entitlement problem. Maybe they should try some humility.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭volchitsa

What's a beour?

Assuming that it's a normal-looking woman, or better than normal, I think the answer, as someone said, is "expectations". These guys are nothing special (and that's probably being kind) but they seem to feel they have a right to "have" a woman who will skivvy for them as well as being great looking and up for sex whenever they want. Someone from a porn film, IOW.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

I fear the line in the sand between humility and self hatred is not always clear to some. After all when you read a post like the OP going on about every trait he either hates about himself - or where he feels inferior to other men in our society - he is clearly not suffering from an excess in pride, arrogance, hubris or narcissism. Self entitlement and privilege might be an issue there of course as you say. So can pure laziness. But not always.

But it is possible to remove self hatred from ones world-view without suffering from arrogance or narcissism or hubris. One can have pride and self confidence - and still have a wealth of humility.

You can be aware of your strengths and limitations. You can lean into your strengths - and push your limitations - and take great pride and confidence from that. But still maintain a lot of humility and stoicism (traditional meaning not more current meaning). And there is a lot of well being to be found there.

But a lot of people have given up. And they justify giving up by creating nonsense narratives about how the deck is stacked against them and it is all hopeless. It is a mind state of "I will never succeed so why even try" which becomes over time a more toxic "I was doomed never to succeed from the outset because society and women are all aligned to be exactly against success for someone like me".

I have seen it in people around me over the years. I saw it in myself quite deeply once too. I just decided to get up off my ass and not listen to that voice in my head. And that voice is not gone. Maybe it never goes. But I control it now - not it me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@jmlad2020

Perhaps nature will do its business (or is already at play) and offset the future Incel population and turn them gay, maybe then these lads can get some action. Just a wild thought.

Don't be trying to make these lads the gay's problem. There is a cohort of incels who blame their lack of sex on females solely for their gender not appreciating all those wonderful cretins clear sexual appeal and riding them whenever needed. These lads couldn't pull a man for precisely the same reason they can't pull a woman. Noone, noone is owed sex as a condition of their just "being" and if one chooses to treat people as objects, and lay blame for being ostracized on the world rather than having a modicum of self awareness? Well I'd be fairly sure gayness won't help their cause and I can't see a rush to add "asshole" to the pride flag 🤔 no matter how cool that could be 😝

The problem isn't women, the problem is that a cohort of people are basically becoming western Otaku. That cohort have "socialized" but only with others of thei predilections and it's a self reinforcing circle of stupidity. The lack of female interaction is now not only never their own fault. They now have a support group who agree and will reinforce the notion that women are avoiding and withholding sex, rather than the simple truth that they are quite often choosing a lifestyle and an approach to people that is an antithesis of how to engage with people and women in particular.

It's very much a culture of blaming the bitches and chads, then retreating to the incel safe spaces to be told they are right.

Also as @endacl has said... If I had to point out who on boards could write such a self indulged and whiney OP? The OP would have been my pick too.

That he has chosen to lay his thoughts out and seek to not only justify the Plymouth incident but, also to claim it's likely here? Would honestly lead me to believe it's time to report them to an appropriate authority and hope that perhaps some kind of intervention can be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Interesting post there. Maybe rather than "entitlement", it would be better say they feel they "need" a beautiful woman, because their lack of feelings of inherent self worth, lead them to judge their own, and other men's, value based on what they possess, particularly women?

I say possess because that's the point: a relationship with a woman in their eyes is more about how it makes them look to the rest of society. In fact they probably have no real concept of a relationship as being about two people, nor perhaps of a woman as being a person in her own right.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is not really a new thing, just a new name. Men who for whatever reason lack the social/interpersonal skills to have normal relationships with the people around them, and instead see the world as some form of rule-driven game where you get to have sex and be successful if you play by the rules.

From their point of view, they're playing by the rules, but still losing anyway, while others who are apparently not playing by the rules, are winning. The absurdity of this belief aside, it's easy to see why someone would become frustrated with the world.

It's obviously not a simple fix, it needs to be caught early on, resetting young mens' expectations of life. Most of it comes from a place of misogynism; women are a prize to be seized, chattel for ones' personal gratification, an entitlement.

Peoples' self-awareness is often lacking too. While one may have low self-esteem and feel like they're ugly, fat and unworthy, they also lack the ability to be self-critical. These issues - in their mind - are caused by external factors. Others standing in their way or forcing them to be like they are. Like that moron last week who murdered his mother because he blamed her for his failures in life.

Their issues are 100% their own. All of their problems, they have created for themselves, and they perpetuate themselves. Creating narratives in their head about imaginary "status pills" and blaming their lack of sex on "vapid sexuality". Somehow there are other very ordinary and unremarkable men getting into fulfilling relationships around them, but nevertheless the problem must be society. It can't be their own problems holding them back. Nosir.

In short, we need to be spending as much on mental health as we do on physical health. All of the "take care of your mental health" messaging is great, but ultimately fairly pointless without the structures to back it up. We're dismantling the stigma around admitting that you're not well, but we're still leaving families to have to self-manage mental illnesses that require specific treatment.

It's like saying, "Don't be afraid to talk to your friends if you think you've broken your leg", but providing nowhere to go to actually have a qualified professional look at your leg, put it in a cast and arrange physio afterwards.

Indeed volchitsa. It is funny when I look back on being what people would call a self hating incel now. When I decided to get myself out of that emotional black hole I turned into what people today would identify as MGTOW. I was MGTOW long before I ever heard the concept - perhaps before the movement was even a thing.

But the idea of "needing" a women to improve their self worth is likely yes. And deeply toxic. When we tie our well being and self worth into externalities like that (what is often referred to as "an external locus of evaluation") a lot of toxic things can come out of that. Jealousy and controlling or abusive behaviours to your partner for one. The needyness that it can lead to is also as dopamine based as any other addiction. As such it can also tend to escalate. So needing constant affirmations of affection and love and respect and so on which is unrealistic in most relationships.

Certainly my relationship for example makes a lot of men look at me differently. The word "legend" gets thrown around a lot and many others. And I have to be be cognisant of that and not let it give me undue opinions about myself. My relationship is a big part of my life but it does not define me - my worth - or my status. Nor should it. And it makes me no better or worse than any one else. Even if they think it does.

If my relationship ended tomorrow due to break down or deaths - I would be no less (or more) a person of worth than I am today. I would still not be better than anyone and I would not see anyone as being better than me. Which is in a single sentence the entire world view I try to base my day to day well being and goals and agendas upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the internet has definitely exaccerpated the problem. I see the spree killer in England was thrown off reddit, didn't they have a sub reddit for incels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

This reads to me like a threat. You state there will be a rise of incel terror attacks, and then give a list of personal issues. Are you planning something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement