Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There will be a rise in incel related terror attacks

Options
  • 15-08-2021 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

The modern world is brutal - I guarentee we will see more incels attack as the next generation feel the brunt of this toxic sexualised superficial and vapid society we live in

got to be tall

got to be attractive

got to be intelligent

got to be neurotypical

got to be funny

got to be successful

got to have a great dick

got to be great in bed

got to have many options

only then are you human and worthy of being loved. It must truly be brutal for the younger generation, it's over for most of us. just lol at not having status in 2021. I can't enjoy anything anymore - watching sport all I can think about is the adoration and love that these people receive. The status pill is brutal. Everything I see about the modern dating world is miserable and depressing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

Is that you, Chad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Think incels just had too high a standard. Usually they're socially awkward, overweight and unhealthy, nothing to talk about other than their right wing (as in try to blame others for their situation like foreigners, black people, jewish people, women etc), negative outlook, no job and live at home and suffering from depression. But they expect to have their pick of supermodels who are socially outgoing, beautiful, slim, successful, virgins, but completely submissive to the 'incel', cover up in public but a complete slut in bed but will cook and tidy the house. A cross between their mom and a sex slave

They'll call people like Taylor swift "fat", complain about "thots" and usually want a Japanese wife for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I was thinking the same. Something will have to be done about the incel thing sooner or later. For now nobody really takes the problem seriously

There is no such thing as a "school for scoundrels" like in the 2005 film. Lets say some incel lad wants to change his ways, is there any outlet for them? The online forums are full of putrid vitriol and reading them will only worsen their situation. I've seen worse looking fellas than the Plymouth lad manage to find a beour for themselves so that tells me the problem exists mostly in their own head.

There must be a way to pair up a good share of the women who don't bother trying to find anyone anymore & just spend their days knitting in their hobbit house with the incels.

Western governments were allegedly able to deprogram indoctrinated islamists and jihadists, so the same should work for these lads.

Not to mention China's 'thought transformation' camps.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-china-48667221

Will the 'incel' movement become another imagined enemy like the 'rise of the far right' scaremongering.

• Advertisement

Same type of dickheads with the same problem can't get the leg over

The world really has not managed to escalate at the same rate your threads have. Which on the one hand is a relief for the rest of us. But on the other hand really makes me feel for you. If _ anyone _ in this world needs to get laid it is you. And I genuinely wish you well.

So non existent then. Since there is no 'far right' in Ireland.

I thought this was gonna be a quote from some social analyst but it's just "I guarantee" and "there will be" from someone on Boards.

No a man doesn't "have to" be all those things seeing as there are countless men who don't tick all those boxes and are in relationships.

And why do people talk about those who are involuntarily celibate as if this is a new thing.

They do, but they have the same success with the electorate as they do getting the leg over. If they did they wouldn't spend so much time rereging on here to complain

• Advertisement

Yeah, a match made in heaven. :D

I don't think either would be interested in each other.

When you apply this list to the actual real world, you will find that 99.99% of it is bullshit. Being funny helps, being good in bed requires equal participation from the other person

I think I have had enough exposure to lads around my area where I have enough anecdotes built up to talk absolute crap. But I reckon I can translate most of the INCEL language.

"got to be tall"

I spend a lot of time sitting on my couch with a games controller in my hand and I am sick of looking up at people who come into my sphere as they keep standing over me looking down.

"got to be attractive"

If I like someone who does not like me - that means I am not attractive - because I literally have no idea how human attraction works.

"got to be intelligent"

I am talking crap as an INCEL which makes people feel I am dumb - but I have not yet realized that the INCEL play book is stultifying nonsense that just makes me look dumb.

"got to be neurotypical"

Ooooo I just learned a buzz word and I can use it as an excuse for not trying at anything ever.

"got to be funny"

I have not done much with my life so I do not actually have any interesting anecdotes to play with when I meet normal people.

"got to be successful"

I should check my privilege that I get to sit around doing nothing with most of my life but somehow still have enough income to sit here and talk crap - but somehow people working minimum wage jobs have better sex lives than I do.

"got to have a great dick"

I have never managed to reach a point where anyone has ever even _ seen _ anything inside my underwear - but somehow I am already of the opinion they are going to be disappointed by it.

"got to be great in bed"

See above. But I am great in bed. I can sleep better than most. Despite somehow not doing much except putting food in my mouth over and over without actually ever leaving the house.

"got to have may options"

Options? Like what? Get off the couch / stay on the couch? I go with option 2 every time. Environmental you know - reduce reuse recycle. I opt for reduce - as in reduce any and all ways to expend any energy doing anything at all. Like. Ever.

That is some 'rise'. Another bogeyman to legitimise the likes of Antifa.

So I am an 'incel' because I don't believe the so called 'far right' exists in Ireland and I don't support so called 'Antifa'?

Why keep going for the same type of bitchy women? They are only attracted to that type, which isn't all women.

Im trying to imagine what a terror attack of incels would be like.

The image in my mind is - - messy. And quite terrifying.

But - I am pretty sure - it will be over quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Most of the Taliban are incel

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

ISIS was largely an incel movement. Especially the foreign fighters. It was a bunch people tarred as failures by their communities because nobody would marry them. There's huge pressure on Muslim young lads to be married by their early 20s and one night stands are not a thing in those communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,692 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You’re not actually telling anyone anything they didn’t know already OP. Throughout history terrorists have been motivated by seeking to punish society for what they perceive as a failing of society rather than holding themselves accountable for their own behaviour.

It’s an excuse, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Angry people being radicalised by the interweb is not new. We all seek out what convinces us we are right. Time was it was terrorism to be alarmed about, now it's anyone with a beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

No Islamic State is not "largely an incel movemment". Dafuq is this ****!

@[Deleted User] there have been a number of incel motivated/related attacks in recent years. Most recently in Plymouth UK.

OP, you can't guarantee a rise in incel related attacks....unless you are an incel and are planning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The foreign fighters from the likes of the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium were absolute losers. Single males, virginity in-tact, unpopular in school, mediocre family name, no career prospects etc.

Anyone that generally joins or align themselves to be extremist movements ISIS, Antifa, White Nationalist groups, are generally losers in life, just looking for a cause and blaming the world for them being losers. There's never self analysis. Its always somebody else to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Eclectic Econometrics

The Asian wife infatuation is due to perceived subservience, which you mentioned before. I have seen someone say they want an Asian wife on this site in one of the weekly "I'm just asking a question so we can all be racist" threads.

The internet is full of rabbitholes. I have been curating my YouTube for years and yet I am still being presented with right wing garbage regularly. I don't know if the word sympathize is correct in relation to incels and antivaxxers etc. but I do 100% understand how they end up where they do. You look around and think how some societal issues have come about and the answer is because someone is making money on the presentation of advertising to this audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

It's a different level of self hate when the racists want to marry another race

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That's a tad dramatic OP. Thankfully we rarely see incidents like the one in America where an incel went into a gym and shot a load of women. If you're going to maintain that sort of negative outlook then it inevitably becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I understand what you are trying to get at but it's far too simplistic to say thats why people join Islamic State. You don't sustain a global Jihadist organisation by recruiting "losers".

What I hope you are suggesting is that people out there who have not identified their place in society, seek opportunities (whatever appeals to them) which is what they do.

You are completely correct and I would agree that influence from the likes of QAnon, Boogaloo Bois, Antifa, Supremacist and incels etc manipulate and seek the mal adjusted, directionless and easily led individuals into their ranks. I would describe them as "moderate anti-establishment" individuals whose allegiance may flip flop over time. These groups provide an outlet for rebellion, having your voice heard, "upsetting the current world order" and generally just acting like spoiled children.

Islamic extremist organisations just attract a completely different animal, I think thats where we disagree. However, there are common characteristics to be found among those who are liable to join either grouping.

But you are categorically wrong about the motivations of Foreign Terrorist Fighters.

• Advertisement

Did they have any children after their suicide mission?

Advertisement