Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Looking Ship Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

This is a bit tough. Vor'cha is my favourite Klingon design but the Sovereign is just cool and sleek.

Sov... Vo... Sover... Vor'cha final answer, unless I edit my post later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sovereign class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

those long sleek lines, has to be the Sovereign class

it puts the E in sex-e

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sovereign class, no contest. A gorgeous design, while the Vorcha just seems ... off somehow. Lacking that pizazz of other Klingon designs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,204 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tough one as I like both designs ... going to go with Vorcha class though if Sovereign gets through I may vote for it in future.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,309 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh that's a tough one. The Vorcha class is my favorite Klingon design of ship sure its not as iconic as a Bird of Prey but it just look class but I also love the Soverign class abs then it is a beautiful sleek design. Just what the Federation needed at that time so I am going to vote for the um the Soverign yep the Sovereign class.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,084 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I like the Vorcha but the E is an amazing looking ship. I know I criticised the newer sleek aerodynamic ships earlier but this really is the exception. It looks to me like an updated Excelsior in all the right ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

Tough one, really like both, but gotta go with the Sovereign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Rawr

Ah...Sovereign Class. It felt like a truly updated ship in the mould of the classic Enterprise, but with the added menace of a ship born into a Galaxy at war.

• Advertisement

I think the "off" bit is the Vorcha's "nose". She's still a good looking ship, it's just that Klingon vessels tended to have a rounded forward section with a very clear torpedo tube on it (D7, K'tinga and Bird of Prey all had this). The designs always seemed to screem "this bit here is for killing you". Vorcha's pointy bits didn't have that same effect I felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

No new ship tonight as I need to do the draw for the next round and sort that out.

We shall resume tomorrow

Man that clip is such an improvement on the original

Not sure what the runabouts were going to do though !

Other than that, much more impressive.

Nothing like a mish-mash of class types to make a fleet interesting.

Much better than hitting CTRL-C, CTRL-V a couple hundred times. Thanks to the interesting fleets we can enjoy games like this :)

• Advertisement

Or effective. Different ships for different roles.

If it's the Rio Grande it will be the last ship standing

Right before R2.

Turns out I did indeed forget one last battle for R1

The fact that myself and nobody else seemed to remember may mean that no one is too interested in either of these two.

Anyhow, here we go

Cheyenne class

VS

Vesta Class

This is how things should hopefully proceed. I had to mix the original team 1 and team 2 as it seems most of team 1 got eliminated.

Edit: how do I increase picture size on this thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cheyenne looks a bit funny with those top nacelles so has to be the Vesta by default.

Vesta. The Constellation is the only class that really pulls off four nacelles.

EDIT: Some tough match ups coming up in the next round.

Not a fan of either. Go with the Vesta at a stretch.

Post edited by Niska on

See here. Click on the image and you'll get a range of options, it's the second one you want

I think I was the one who dropped the Cheyenne into the conversation as I spotted it in a Wolf 359 scene.

I like it in this image, but from some angles it does look a bit ungainly.

But you gotta dance with the one who brung ya so... Cheyenne it is.

Ms

I am going with the Cheyenne. I like it and have an Eaglemoss model of it in my sitting room just across from where I am sitting. That picture above really does the Cheyenne no favours. It's better looking than that. The nacelle bussard collectors are not round they are more rectangle with rounded corners and the black side parts at the front of the nacelles should be gold. The saucer in that picture is all wrong too. Just look up Eaglemoss ships and you will see how it should look.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/eu/hero-collector/star-trek/cheyenne-class-starship-model

I do not even know the other ship but think its the Enterprise F in STO am I right?

Its not bad but looks awkward from some angles I think.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

"I do not even know the other ship but think its the Enterprise F in STO am I right?"

No, The USS Aventine (a vesta) is captained by Ezri Dax in a fair few books, the borg invasion ones, a couple of Ent E and Titan ones at least, I think it may have its own series but have not read. Vesta class is the first ship to be quantum slipstream capable. Ent F is Oddessy class, the 'fat sovereign', somewhere up thread

Vesta for me.

The Vesta wins the day!

Ladies and Gentleman and invited transgender species.

Round two!

Galaxy Class

VS

Steamrunner Class

• Advertisement

I like the Steamrunner but it's no Galaxy class so Galaxy class.

Ms

Oh that's so hard. Why does it have to be Federation v federation ship why can it not be a Klingon or Cardassian or Ferengi? Speaking of which I do not think any Ferengi ship was on this which is s pity as I always like the Ferengi Marauder class ship.

I am afraid the steamrunners time as come and gone it's the Galaxy class for me. How could you not love the legendary Galaxy class ship especially the Enterprise-D.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Steamrunner for me

Galaxy - she's a beaut, and the Steamrunner is pugly af.

Steamrunner for me

I was on instinct going to say Galaxy... But no. You know what, I vote steamrunner. Not to be contrarian mind, but as already say I don't like the top heavy flamboyance of Galaxy; while the flying shovel look of steamrunner - and its name! - charms me more. So steamrunner it is.

Galaxy class

Big fan of steamrunner also but Galaxy is more eye catching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Streamrunner for me here. (Sorry Ent-D 😣 )

• Advertisement

Wait.... Is it a tie?

We need one more forum regular to vote. Who hasn't? Time for a PM 🤪

Ms

Oh I dreamt that this would happen. This is like Dublin v Mayo yesterday lol. Except we can not let Enterprise be defeated by a small less powerful less loved craft a ship that we barely know against one that generations of Star Trek fans love. Surely the Enterprise aka the Galaxy class should win or should I say the Galaxy class also known by most fans as the Enterprise-D should win.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Wait, which ship's Dublin in this scenario? 😜

Im driving back to Dublin shortly. I'll leave this open until home. Then if no more votes, I'll role a dice on it.

2,4,6 Galaxy

1,3,5 Steamrunner

Until then, votes and shenanigans are welcome.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Well seen as the Enterprise is basically a city in space I suppose it would have to be Dublin lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I'll be honest. I was halfway to creating a new account to vote for the SteamRunner when I realised I hadn't a spare email address - so foiled at the first step. Laziness 😁

Home now, trying to find a dice!

By virtue of the Enterprise D legendary status, Galaxy class get a reroll if it loses right?

You can google "roll 1d6"

• Advertisement
Advertisement