Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Nature Pictures I Took Recently - II (Seasonal Photos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Goldcrest

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Having disposed of the tractor and stolen it's kill, the hooded crow settles down to enjoy it's meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Starling has been at the flax

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

This evening spotted in the garden by my young fella , just managed to get a few shots before it sunk back into the undergrowth.

• Subscribers Posts: 684 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Common Darter (I think), perched over the pond.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Oystercatcher on the Kerry coast this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Badger in Dublin

Blackcap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

In our back garden this morning, and yes it can get in and devour peanuts 😁

Rock Pipit this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

That Badger looks like he could be on sale in harrods toy department and the squirrel doesnt seem to be bothered about Covid-pass for their fine dining

Wren this evening from the garden, the others near the Black Rock, Banna, Co Kerry this evening.

Any chance this might be a juvenile Curlew ? Beak more like a Whimbrel but didn't have the markings on the head ? Couldn't post bigger pics, don't know what is happening!!

Herring Gull and Chough also, saw a group of 4 Chough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Male Sparrowhawk in the garden today

Juvenile Robin

Chiffchaff

Juvenile Ringed Plover I believe from Sunday on the Kerry coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭glaswegian

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Apologies for the last two posts, I don't think i done anything different from before (copy and paste from flickr)

Having difficulties posting pics myself, transferring very small into forum, any hints ?

I have the same problem on this and the photography site. I notice if you look at the address for the larger photographs displayed on both sites by clicking on the photo it begins with "live.staticflickr.com" Think boards is a bit of a mess at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Not on here much since 'the change' so I hope this works ok.

I think this is a Four Banded Longhorn Beetle, Leptura quadrifasciata. If it is, its a bit of a rarity, I'm in the right location being about 10 miles west of Portumna.....

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51361266619_0b09d30ba8_b.jpg[/img]

• Advertisement

I'll try a different tack.....

A bit of Flora and Fauna today from Kerry, Pictures are transferring small into the forum , don't know why, maybe someone with more knowledge might know , very annoying and disappointing but determined to keep posting and hopefully along with other issues will get sorted in time .........anyway from the garden pond area Marsh Woundwort, Speckled Wood, Hoverfly Eristalis nemorum I believe 😀, Fuscia, Montbretia and from the river Cashen near Ballyduff this evening Curlew ( I'm almost sure not a Whimbrel ) and Little Egret.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Galley head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Knot grass caterpillar

Pale Prominent moth

Large White butterfly

Post edited by lolie on

Dipper from a bit back .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Mizen head.

Linnet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

my venus flytrap chewing on an irish fly (wonder do they taste the difference?)😙

How are people putting up pics now, Flickr didn't work for me last time.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

click on 'upload image' in the comment box and choose a pic from your PC (seems to be the only way now)

Advertisement