Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Looking Ship Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Next up!

Miranda Class

VS

Excelsior Class

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

Miranda, it's a much cleaner design and, keeping with the crass tinder concept, Excelsior looks a bit chubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Two titans face off in the first round!

Gotta go Miranda I think, excelsior is a little ungainly in comparison despite being a more capable ship overall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given I nominated it ... Miranda. Best ship design after the constitution and maybe even as good depending on the day. Beautiful and sensible at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Miranda

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

Miranda. I love the old Excelsior...but it has to be Miranda

I'll leave this open a couple more hours. But jaysus, this game so far has had the most agreement I've ever seen on a boards Star Trek thread. Lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh it's all fun and games now but wait til the field narrows and the decisions get tighter.

And I'm just saying now, if Miranda doesn't win outright I'm not ruling out abusing my mod privileges and banning the lot of you 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Id actually go for the Excelcior. It's a bigger and more intimidating ship. Plus, they say she has transwarp!

The Miranda Class survives.......well, thats something rarely said!

The Excelsior class goes out in the first round!

• Advertisement

Cerritos(California Class)

VS

Danube class

Neither are really that good looking, so California class I suppose.

Post edited by Evade on

I wonder which Starfleet lost more of, lol. Both seem to be easily lost.

Though with the un-killable Rio Grande on it side, I'm voting Danube

California Class; neither are anything special but I've never liked the shuttle design of TNG+ - all lumps, shapes and none of the sleek style of the larger craft. Almost looks like greebling, that it might pass as a generic Star Wars design.

Danube class... nice little runabout. I can imagine they are very popular with retired couples in the after sale market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Danube Runabout - I like it and they're bigger than they look. And I don't like the California class (despite the beauty pass in 1x9) - the placement of the engineering hull / deflector dish is haphazard, at best.

Another hard one. Although I like the California Class, I'm going with Danube. There's something about this little Space Caravan that grew on me over the years. Apparently the Enterprise D had several, but they only ever showed us one.

I kind of hated them in the early DS9 days, as they were a piss-poor alternative for an "actual" starship, but time has made me fonder of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Excelsior class for me. So much better looking than the Miranda class. The Miranda class were the workhorse of starfleet.

As for the Defiant v the Deredex for me it would be the Deredex and the reason the cap is in the ship is because that is what Gene Roddenberry said. He said in order for a warb capable Starship to be able to make a stable warp bubble then both nacelles must be able to see each other and they must be an even number of them. That is why all the Enterprises and all the starfleet and Klingon ships had 2 nacelles opposite and inline with each other. Of course all that changed after Gene died which is a pity. Any hard core trekkie should know that otherwise your not a hard-core trekkie. Warp

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

The Danube for me. I just do not like how the nacelles are on the California class or where the deflector is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I can't help but wonder if the California Class is supposed to look kind of awkward and thrown together. A sort of juxtaposition to the elegant lines of the usual Hero Ships verses the clunky functional design of the "Second Contact" workhorse of starfleet.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure the Luna class was supposed to be Starfleets new workhorse ship. I wonder if they fond themselves in another Nick Locarno situation and had to make the California class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

California class just because it's a "real" starship

The Runabout lives to shuttle around another day!

The California Class is removed from the game!

Badgy will be happy!

Next Up!

Vulcan Science/combat cruiser ship (Surrack class, am open to correction here)

VS

Romulan Valdore class

Ms

That's an easy one for me. It has to be the Romulan Valdore class it is just so beautiful, so elegant and yet powerful and sleek looking and such a big change from the Deriedex class.

The Vulcan ship is big and powerful but no where near as nice as the Valdore. In fact if its just looks alone of all the ships I think the Valdore is the best looking so you might as well end the game now and just make the Valdore the winner lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Valdore, marginally.

Valdore feels a bit of a knock off of the Bird of Prey, which probably should get it my vote - but it just makes the ship seem lazy while I kinda like the Vulcan craft; gives it a more alien appearance than the actual Vulcans themselves look. So Surrack for me.

Post edited by pixelburp on

Hmm....no strong feelings either way, but I usually go for the Romulan...so Valdore.

The Valdore seems out of proportion somehow.

I like the alienness of the Vulcan ship so will vote for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

The Vulcan ship - memory alpha list it as D'kyr type (no class name) - I like the circular warp nacelle, the fact the nacelle can be moved horizontal when not powered up and the overall knobby look of the vessel.

(Saying that also like the Valdore, and it's a close thing().

Advertisement