Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fully vaccinated "14 days after" vaccine

Options
  • 01-08-2021 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I am due to travel on Wednesday, when I was vaccinated Wednesday 2 weeks prior.

I am now worried that this is not "14 days after" as Wednesday this week is the 14th day, not "after 14" which would be 15.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭User1998

Wednesday will be 14 days after the day of your second vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got vaccinated on the 19th July and just checked my cert now and it's valid

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoisFharraige

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

It's quite likely that this is determined by an algorithm. Someone will scan the QR code on your Covid cert and this will kick off some code that will determine if it has been 14 days or not. Typically databases store the time of day as midnight, unless otherwise specified. On my own Covid cert I only see a date for my second injection (not a time). I therefore suspect that it will have stored your last injection time as having happened at midnight on the day in question. On that basis I think that if this is scanned on Wednesday then it will calculate that it's been more than 14 days since your last injection and you will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You have no problem.

Monday 2 August is one day after Sunday 1 August. 2-1=1.

Sunday 8 August is 7 days after Sunday 1 August; 8-1=7. Sunday 15 August is 14 days after Sunday 1 August; 15-1=14..

If you can travel 14 days after your second dose and your second dose was on a Wednesday, then you can travel on the Wednesday fortnight. You'd only have a problem if your date of travel had to be more than 14 days after your second dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoisFharraige

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

My 19 year old son got first Pfizer on July 27th. Is it 21 or 28 days for next jab?

I'm thinking about a trip to Spain in 1st week of September, but not sure if he'll be considered fully vaccinated, AND have his digital cert to travel. I'd rather avoid getting PCR/antigen tests if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Time varies. As of late they've been doing second jab very quickly (sometimes as quickly as 17 days after first dose). In Ireland you're considered fully vaccinated 7 days after second shot of Pfizer, but in other European countries it's 14 days after that so watch out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wife had hers yesterday, less than three weeks after the first in UCD, so seems like they are flying though them in some places.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement